"Who's been sleeping in my bed?" US guy wants revenge as Mr. Penguin is no Goldilocks!

webfact

"Who's been sleeping in my bed?" US guy wants revenge as Mr. Penguin is no Goldilocks!

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GO23Xd2weuGSUBOCve.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN: -- A US man went to his local police after suffering five break-ins at his house in Bang Saphan Noi, Prachuap Khiri Khan.

The thief had stolen plenty of electrical gear but what Zachary Jacob Sullivan, 29, was really mad about was that the thief had even gone to his fridge and opened his beer.

Then to make matters worse he had consumed the beverages lying down on Zach's marital bed.

The thefts and Goldilocks behavior always occurred when Zach and his Thai wife were out.

Bang Saphan Noi police were soon on the case and realized quickly that the culprit was a local rubber factory worker called.....wait for it.....Pek Penguin.

Thai Rath reported that a warrant was issued for Mr Penguin on Monday following the latest theft on Sunday.

Apprehending Pek Penguin - a Laotian national - proved no problem for

the constabulary.

His disguise of luminous green t-shirt and multi-colored ship's wheel and anchor fashion pants might have fooled some but it was not going to trick the local cops.

Mr Penguin was hauled into the police station on a charge of burglary with the aid of a conveyance.

He admitted to thefts on five occasions but said, in an attempt at mitigation, that the occupants were always out.

He had made off with a rice cooker, a vacuum cleaner, a fan, a water heater, some eye glasses even some blankets and bed sheets.

Oh, and a few beers and cartons of milk.

He told the cops he had opened the beer and lay down on the American's bed.

The Laotian's total haul was 10,000 baht.

Our picture shows Zach and the cops expertly pointing at some of his recovered property yesterday.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-06

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Why is mr Sullivan pointing at the man?

Report said he was always out at the time of the thefts, so how can he be 100% sure he was pointing at the thief?

Mr Sullivan captured images of the thief on a camouflaged game camera. These images were presented to the police who then scooped up the suspect three hours later. 

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Our picture shows Zach and the cops expertly pointing at some of his recovered property yesterday.

There was no mention of a dummy, so he had a dummy stolen as well and now recovered. 

Quick Dummy, use the Fire Escape :cowboy:

on a charge of burglary with the aid of a conveyance.

I wonder what more strange names on charges they might have.

Did somebody steal the Penguin, or does he want him back?

Sadly, the only reason for the speedy apprehension was the photos. Not because they wouldn't have been capable of finding the culprit otherwise, but because they would not have been forced into doing something to prevent the negative press that would obviously have been generated by putting the 'case' on the 'back burner.' I don't think the American was likely to back off this issue and they knew it. Good on him. Of course, the Lao kid goaded him into it. A one-off would not have incurred much in the way of wrath, given that nothing excessively valuable was taken, that we know of. Americans, individually, can be a cool, well-sorted lot, and as such are prone to forgive. But like any other particular category of humans, they oughtn't be allowed to 'bunch up,' by any means.

" Pek Penguin. "  let me guess, he used his beak.

Reminds me of the story. Guy was walking on the beach & comes across a penguin washed ashore, looking a little distressed. Guy checks to see the penguin is ok. Guy walks off & penguin follows. As they walk along a cop pulls up & asks what's going on. Guy replies he found the penguin on the beach & it's befriended him. Cop says you better take the penguin to Sea World.

Next day same cop sees the guy walking along with the penguin waddling beside. Cop says, thought I told you to take him to Sea World. Guy says, I did. He enjoyed it so much, today I'm taking him to the movies.

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

3 hours ago, trogers said:

Five occasions. And I thought, once bitten twice shy. Sure the victim is from the US?

no mate, he has to be an aussie or a kiwi, you can put up with losing sh1t, take a mans beer and its on for young old.

taking a mans beer is a line best not crossed.

Archived