"Who's been sleeping in my bed?" US guy wants revenge as Mr. Penguin is no Goldilocks!

webfact

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, kcpattaya said:

Both are plonkers. 
Suitable for a soap serie: dumb dumber dumbest...
After 5 (!) break-ins the American still didn't install an alarm system??

Up until the guy stole the beer, the sum of all 5 hauls was probably a lot less than the cost of a decent alarm system.  And it's not as if people all over the world aren't jaded by incessant alarms going off.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Apprehending Pek Penguin - a Laotian national - proved no problem for

the constabulary.

This area is under siege from local thieves doing break ins on foreigner's houses. Has been for around 3 years now. Young punks that are protected... say no more.

It did make me wonder what happened as I started reading this story as there was someone arrested..... the above quote then made it all make sense. 

:coffee1:

2 hours ago, smileydude said:

When will the Thai police stop with this finger pointing ritual!  I find it more humiliating for the person who has to point when he's already ID'd the perp and yet has to perform this god-knows-why gesture.

The reality is that the Thai are just as stymied by the fact that the world is not rushing to adopt this 'magnanimous gesture,' as it is (to the Thai) obviously brilliant on some level that escapes us. The even bigger irony is that other than money, the quantity most valued in LOS is supposedly, face. However, for the Thai, this runs counter to quite a number of their cultural mores and customs. A nifty bit of irony that, as it is not possible to perform a number of seemingly required 'rituals' here, without, in the eyes of the world, highly visible loss of face.

Most would fall under the sub-category, "enforced groveling,"  I suppose, but there would be others. Maddening as it might be for some, it is not (viscerally speaking) significantly different from a number of 'endearing' characteristics in the so-called traditions of our own respective homelands; don't ask for examples, I have been here nearly a decade in an attempt to forget them. My contention would be that were this not the case, there would be vastly fewer westerners here. Besides, it can be entertaining once we divest ourselves emotionally from whatever perceived nonsense crosses our paths.

6 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I don't think he is a real bad person.

Nope he is not a bad guy But the trouble is he come from Laos So off to jail he will go If he was Thai 500 Baht and beg forgiveness and told to go home and behave himself.

When I was about 11 or 12 me and me best "mate" took a 12 ounce Heineken from the Garage fridge. Between the two of us we couldn't finish it. Dad figured it out. Told me lucky he had more because if "you steal a man's last beer he breaks your arm".

Good life lesson I'd reckon.

2 minutes ago, Dipterocarp said:

When I was about 11 or 12 me a my my best "mate" took a 12 ounce Heineken from the Garage fridge. Between the two of us we couldn't finish it. Dad figured it out. Told me lucky he had more because if "you steal a man's last beer he breaks your arm".
Good life lesson I'd reckon.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Not my first choice either

You know something? I am really beginning to despise sensationalism, in all its forms. Obviously, there has been an ongoing (5-step) ratcheting process in play here that this poor chap just wanted to see come to an end. Though yes, I supposed he'd like to see some semblance of justice over the beers. But where exactly did all this "revenge" nonsense stem from? Were Mr. Sullivan a vengeful or vindictive person, he'd have left as usual, ditched his vehicle temporarily, doubled back with a willing neighbor cum accomplice, and lied in wait for darkness to beat the half-wit to a bloody pulp on his next go-round. Give us a break, already. He's pointing a finger, not a machete.

Zachery Sullivan has been burglarized nine times, intruder drank his beer, took a nap

By Coconuts Bangkok

dsfgh.PNG

Photo: Thai Rath

An American man who owns a vacation house in Prachuap Khiri Khan had to go to the local police with CCTV footage yesterday morning after his house was burglarized for the ninth time.

On each occasion, the thief stole various items from Sullivan, 37, including electrical gear. The expat was angry, but to add insult to injury, during the break-ins, the intruder sometimes drank Sullivan’s beer and took a nap in his bed, reported Thairath.

On each occasion, Sullivan and his Thai wife were not at the house.

Full Story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/zachery-sullivan-burglarized-nine-times-intruder-drank-beer-took-nap/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-9-6

4 hours ago, JRUSA said:

Maybe is should have said.. I'm a Texan...

maybe you should have said .. you a big mouth...

maybe when you go shopping , you also shout that you can make anything you want because you re an american ???? 

anyway ,  you reaction is the best on this topic

carte-rouge-299316.jpg

Archived