Video: Sickening footage as baby dies after pick-up goes the wrong way on the highway

snoop1130

Video: Sickening footage as baby dies after pick-up goes the wrong way on the highway

rr.jpg

CCTV footage from Suphanburi on Tuesday showed a grey pick-up going the wrong way around a bend in the road at Suan Taeng sub-district.

An oncoming black pick-up coming round the corner had no chance and there was a head on collision at considerable speed.

Six people were seriously hurt. A good Samaritan picked up two of the injured and rushed them to a hospital.

A woman posted that one of these - a 6 month old child - was dead by the time they reached the hospital.

The 20 second clip was shared to the "Dome Computer and CCTV" page.

Witness Phataraphon, 24, said he was going to his girlfriend's house.

He passed the area where the accident occurred but saw the pick-up on the wrong side of the road coming towards him. He had to veer suddenly to stop becoming a victim himself.

But within seconds the accident occurred at the bend.

Suphanburi police said that clearly the grey pick-up was in the wrong.

A Thai man was driving and not a Burmese national as was rumored on social media, police confirmed.

They could not say yet whether the man was drunk. They were awaiting blood tests carried out on him at the hospital where he lays injured.

He is likely to face a charge of negligent driving causing death.

Source: https://www.dailynews.co.th/regional/596585

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-9-6

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

He passed the area where the accident occurred but saw the pick-up on the wrong side of the road coming towards him. He had to veer suddenly to stop becoming a victim himself.

Please tell me this is not the motorsai we see at the beginning? Because that dude kept course without noticing one damn wrong thing at all.

Also what's up with that CCTV footage, that quality is way better than what I'm used to, I'm scared :(

1 minute ago, docshock13 said:

What the ??? There is a huge median. Its not like the  grey pickup jumped it. Looks like the driver clearly thought he was driving just fine. 

What a shiftshow the roads are here. Could happen to anyone. Scary. 

Drunk or drugged would be my guess. Waiting for the tox screen. It's a sad day for the victims. If only police would enforce road laws and Thais not waving off their lawlessness as "our way of life" - just quoting one guy who got upset at being told he couldn't ride in the back of a pickup. And how long did that last?

It appears that the 'complete and total utter moronic, brainless fool' pulled out of a side street and turned right, the wrong way onto a dual carriageway thinking it was simply a normal road and not knowing it was divided carriageway and they needed to U-Turn before heading in the correct direction on the correct side of the divide. 

Tragic consequences resulted from what is ultimately pure dumbness.

*Additionally and even more tragically so, perhaps the infant may have survived had they been secured 'rear facing' in an infant car seat

(*someone is going to pick up on the fact that I don't know this, they will be correct, but having lived here for a number of years it still astonishes me that an overwhelming percentage of Children are not safely secured in seatbelts or when younger in child seats when in cars).

one more mentally retarded driver...

why are there so many incidents of astounding stupidity in Thailand?

but to put things in perspective, the German ADAC reported about 2200 incidents of the same type in 2016 in Germany.

2 hours ago, manarak said:

one more mentally retarded driver...

why are there so many incidents of astounding stupidity in Thailand?

but to put things in perspective, the German ADAC reported about 2200 incidents of the same type in 2016 in Germany.

Where do you have these numbers from?  Please post a link to proof your unbelievable statement.

2 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

It appears that the 'complete and total utter moronic, brainless fool' pulled out of a side street and turned right, the wrong way onto a dual carriageway thinking it was simply a normal road and not knowing it was divided carriageway and they needed to U-Turn before heading in the correct direction on the correct side of the divide. 

Tragic consequences resulted from what is ultimately pure dumbness.

*Additionally and even more tragically so, perhaps the infant may have survived had they been secured 'rear facing' in an infant car seat

(*someone is going to pick up on the fact that I don't know this, they will be correct, but having lived here for a number of years it still astonishes me that an overwhelming percentage of Children are not safely secured in seatbelts or when younger in child seats when in cars).

there are many instances of Thai drivers doing this for a shortcut, going to his girlfriends would indicate to me he was familiar with the road 

how tragic

8 hours ago, docshock13 said:

What a shiftshow the roads are here. Could happen to anyone. Scary. 

And thats the problem. Let idiot and drunk drivers take themselves out against a tree or each other, but the problem is that we all run a risk, no matter the precautions you take (dash cam, safe driving, seatbelts, following rules and laws, no drunk driving, etc).

Wondering if the 6-month old baby was driving backwards in a child seat (as should be). Head-on collisions should be survivable even for 6-month old babies as it is side-collisions that are more deadly while sitting in the baby-seat. If I had to guess, the parents paid for their own stupidity also with this tragic loss.

9 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

I was constantly berated for insisting on child seats whilst other kids were left to roam their cars. I guess nt all of those kids are still with us. Darwin wins out in the end.

3 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

No excuse,  jail for life,  no pardon ever.

Like all drivers in Thailand , he knew exactly what he was doing, as they all do. :bah:

Now he will try and lie his way out of it,  as many do :bah:

So it was a suicide attempt ? ...and not just an old or very drunk person .Case closed .

Most here are too quick to jump on this. I see it as a tragic accident. He obviously turned right from a "T" Intersection. While so many of us are so clever not to do anything this stupid, not everyone was handed out such intelligenc e and common sense. This could be an honest mistake. If he was doing a backward runner like we have all seen many times he would have been over to the right hand side with hazard lights on normally. I think he obviously thought he was doing just fine on an undivided road. His reaction time however, was as bad as I see every time I renew my license. Non existent.

Full points go to the truck driver for stopping and assisting with first aid. NOT!

1 minute ago, Toshiba66 said:

Most here are too quick to jump on this. I see it as a tragic accident. While so many of us are so clever not to do anything this stupid, not everyone was handed out such intelligence and common sense. This could be an honest mistake. If he was doing a backward runner like we have all seen many times he would have been over to the right hand side with hazard lights on normally. I think he obviously thought he was doing just fine on an undivided road. His reaction time however, was as bad as I see every time I renew my license. Non existent.

Full points go to the truck driver for stopping and assisting with first aid. NOT!

Unless he is trained to do so there is little point.As a Truck driver in Thailand he will be seeing fatal accidents every other week .Is he supposed to stop each time .

1 minute ago, anto said:

Unless he is trained to do so there is little point.As a Truck driver in Thailand he will be seeing fatal accidents every other week .Is he supposed to stop each time .

I would. And I do. And I will continue to do. That's the way I was bought up. To help others in need.

Just another day on Thai roads.

Unless motorist moving violations are stopped, these sorts of things will continue.

I see every day, police checkpoints fining people for no helmet on bikes, etc.

BUT..... These same police will do nothing about the crazy, illegal driving before and after the checkpoints.

7 hours ago, smedly said:

there are many instances of Thai drivers doing this for a shortcut, going to his girlfriends would indicate to me he was familiar with the road 

how tragic

They do it everywhere so they do not have to go the long way with 2 U-turns.  Up to a extra km or two in many cases.  Where I live one guy always puts his hazard flashers on when he is driving the wrong way on 331 to get home the short way.  Alcohol and YaBa don't help making safe driving decisions either.

My wife and I had to get out of the way of about a dozen motorcycles on the sidewalk in separate instances while walking around yesterday. I nearly had to clothesline a woman who was going to speed past us at about 30kph on a poorly placed cobblestone path.

Archived