TransferWise is taking a long time to reach KBank

59 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

The ‘funds for long term stay in Thailand ‘ obviously helps with Immigration - but I have heard takes longer to process ?

I may try that option next time.

It takes the same time whatever you choose.

My state pension will be paid into my TW account today and I get an sms some when between 2 and 2:15 Thai time telling me that it has arrived. No matter how quick I am on the transfer it wont happen until 24 hours later. The only times that it doesn't are when my pension arrives on a Friday or Saturday when gets paid to BKK Bank on a Monday or if there is a Thai bank holiday.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, edwinchester said:

Just made a transfer using TransferWise to my Kasikorn account.

Made my payment to TW at 16.57....money was in my Kasikorn account at 17.01.

Four minutes!

Rate was 38.9.

That's great.  I use TW to transfer money here every month too (from the USA) but it usually takes two or three business days (they say because they have to receive the funds in the U.K. first and then transfer them to my BKK Bank account).  It's no problem though, it has always been reliable, cheap and easy (other than the issue with the FTT coding.

11 minutes ago, Chivas said:

Transferwise weekdays is now virtually instant. Less than 30 seconds or as quick as you can re log into your Thai account after hitting send button to transferwise

That is certsinly my experience with Bangkok Bank, Chiang Mai and I am not charged for inward foreign transfer as I used to be since using Transferwise.  

I regularly check against the other transfer services and todate TW gives the best net amount received. 

1 minute ago, rohitsuk said:

That is certsinly my experience with Bangkok Bank, Chiang Mai and I am not charged for inward foreign transfer as I used to be since using Transferwise.  

I regularly check against the other transfer services and todate TW gives the best net amount received. 

Always will do as the rate is interbank. No other sender comes close no matter what they claim

My normal practice recently, with Transferwise from UK to Thailand, is to set up a transfer in the evening (Thai time) but not pay. That gets me an exchange rate that holds for 24 hours.

I then log back on around 8am next day and, depending on exchange movements, either pay for that transfer or cancel and set up and pay for a new transfer.

If going to my BB account, it arrives just after 2pm, for SCB it arrives just after 1pm.

Archived