Taxi driver who threatened TV presenter with large knife gives himself up

webfact

Taxi driver who threatened TV presenter with large knife gives himself up

6pm.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- The taxi driver who threatened well-known TV presenter "Pa Ngem" with a large knife has presented himself to Pahonyothin police.

He faces a 100 baht fine for having the knife. But he could do jail time for menacing.

Earlier in the week Pa Ngem - real name Sakdina Rakudomkarn, 54, a presenter on Bright TV - went to the cops with dash cam footage of the incident outside the SCB head office in Ratchayothin, Bangkok.

Taxi driver Bunsanong Banyong, 40, stopped his cab in front of Pa Ngem and emerged with what resembled a sword. He threatened the presenter then got back in his cab where he had a passenger.

Yesterday Bunsanong went to Pahonyothin police who are handling the case.

He said there had been some repeated cutting in front of each other leading up to the Ratchayothin intersection and when they reached the bank he was furious.

So he got out to threaten the other driver. But, in mitigation, he said he didn't attack him.

He just got back in his cab and took his passenger to their destination. Then he went home to the Krungthep Kritha area and took the next day off because he felt stressed.

He said he doesn't follow the news and wondered if his actions would be reported to police.

Little did he know that he was the talk of the town.

A policeman then phoned him and he decided to give himself up.

Pahonyothin police said that Bunsanong had two previous convictions for drugs - taking drugs in 2014 and possession in 2015, matters dealt with and finished at Thungmahamek station in Bangkok.

It was good that he had given himself up on this occasion, they said.

He will face a 100 baht fine for having a weapon in public but could face one month in jail and or a 1,000 baht fine for menacing behavior.

It is understood he will face a date in court to decide his fate.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-07

He faces a 100 baht fine for having the knife.  That seems an appropriate fine.

Pahonyothin police said that Bunsanong had two previous convictions for drugs.  Ah well. Anyone can make a mistake.

Don't you just feel safe in a Bangkok taxi? 

It is amazing doesn't get a better than this anywhere in the world. This is the best place to live in the world, I feel so safe! 

I wonder what happen a few years ago Thai guy in my neighborhood attacked me with a knife, wife called several times, lucky the guy wasn't successful and ended up in the hospital.  A few days later the BIB from Nongprue finally showed up at house asking that the guy wanted payment for what I did. We ended up playing stupid and told them look at papa, he is old, the guy is just making it up for money. When they had no case they ask why I was working on the house. We all should feel safe?:sad:

7 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Sort of disgusting when you realize someone else got 15 years for being caught with 0.1gms of coke, which was doubtless cut so severely there was actually close to nothing there. Real justice where art thou ?

What about the mushroom picking couple. :bah:

12 hours ago, phantomfiddler said:

Sort of disgusting when you realize someone else got 15 years for being caught with 0.1gms of coke, which was doubtless cut so severely there was actually close to nothing there. Real justice where art thou ?

What is "real justice":whistling: 

I have a feeling that Thai 'authorities' do not understand that concept! :sad:

Will the taxi driver (and others) learn from his mistake?

22 hours ago, webfact said:

He will face a 100 baht fine for having a weapon in public but could face one month in jail and or a 1,000 baht fine for menacing behavior.

Another deal ❓and go back to streets for more sword treating.   ???

Archived