Beer pricing in bars

Ridge

23 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

Sounds like you're gearing up for start up, will you be having some music to go along with the 45 bht beers?

Anything else Sir ? Topless waitresses, jacuzzi...its spinning in my head. Socks still on ...cannot test the water just yet.

Of course every bar charges the same price for a beer.

Too few customers, too many bars. Nobody wants to start a price war.

Why do you think the BanChang 'round/oval table' exists.

Sit, talk whatever and pay half the price for your beer. Same friends who enjoy each others company with a few beers. Don't see a problem with it.

Why pay twice the price for a beer just to have some bird who can't have a minimal conversation with you serve you. Lets be honest, maybe 1 from 50 might actually like you but maybe that like is based on the tip you leave!!!.

99% of the time myself and a couple of friends get together and cook at home and make food that is way ahead of the pub grub in BC. If we go out to eat it's beach places around the area where a large bottle of beer is 75 to 90 baht.

Could go on but I'm going to bed.

Gnite.??

OverhereBC,

That's the reason for asking about price setting. Nothing wrong with making money, but 60 bath for a bottle in a condom... come on. Very often there is not even a minimal conversation. She goes back in the kitchen or hides behind her smartphone, talks to her friend...

Ok, 60/70 bath + tip makes more money per bottle than 45. Unless at 45 you can sell 4 x more. So why is nobody doing it ? Price agreement ?

The "Round Table" spot started at a time of no other bars in the area. But, today it exists simply because it's cheaper. It offers everything a drinking man needs with exception of music. Cold beer, condoms, right in the center of a busy round-a-bout. If you go to a bar in the afternoon, the chances are you will be the only customer and that's if.......they are open.

So for all the good natured ribbing that is directed at the "Round table" guys, I'll be submitting my application when I stay there full time in the near future. Are their any requirements to be met?

7 minutes ago, thehelmsman said:

The "Round Table" spot started at a time of no other bars in the area. But, today it exists simply because it's cheaper. It offers everything a drinking man needs with exception of music. Cold beer, condoms, right in the center of a busy round-a-bout. If you go to a bar in the afternoon, the chances are you will be the only customer and that's if.......they are open.

So for all the good natured ribbing that is directed at the "Round table" guys, I'll be submitting my application when I stay there full time in the near future. Are their any requirements to be met?

Reasonable sized beer belly, maybe a couple of health issues you can discuss at length with others, perhaps some knowledge about the premier league. Those should get you at least an intro.

A small capacity motorcycle as transport with preferably a local lass who can handle your weight on the back seat to get you home is maybe a good idea.

Still laughing at anybody who thinks bargirls talk and sit because they like the customer.. hahahahah

Funnier still that guys go to bars for conversations with bargirls... Hahahaah

I go to bars to have conversations/drinks with my friends or to find a bargirl to service me. If she doesn't like me or want me that's a bonus.. After all why pay them to do something they enjoy ? :laugh:

18 hours ago, Pdaz said:

Still laughing at anybody who thinks bargirls talk and sit because they like the customer.. hahahahah

Funnier still that guys go to bars for conversations with bargirls... Hahahaah

I go to bars to have conversations/drinks with my friends or to find a bargirl to service me. If she doesn't like me or want me that's a bonus.. After all why pay them to do something they enjoy ? :laugh:

Don't think anyone is looking to discuss world events with them ?

I was talking on the lines of you sit down and say    hi, how are you today can I have 2 xx 1xx and 1 xx?

Answer you get is   eh??

22 hours ago, overherebc said:

Reasonable sized beer belly, maybe a couple of health issues you can discuss at length with others, perhaps some knowledge about the premier league

That's why God created Wetherspoons. Some of us marvel at a decision to emigrate 6000 miles and sit on a concrete bench at a roadside inhaling dust and diesel fumes along with a roll-up.

19 minutes ago, Eff1n2ret said:

That's why God created Wetherspoons. Some of us marvel at a decision to emigrate 6000 miles and sit on a concrete bench at a roadside inhaling dust and diesel fumes along with a roll-up.

The idea behind the roll up is to filter out the dust and diesel fumes.

Is there a "round table" at night ? I dont drink during the day other than a quick wisky-coke around 10 am and a can of Chang late afternoon. Have things to do around the house, swim and ride mtb. Take the motorbike for a spin... Wife cooks great food. Anyways, usually not free for a drink or 2/3 and a chat untill 9 pm. I like the concept of thr round  table. Get it, pay for it, drink it and <deleted> off when you are done.

Of course every bar charges the same price for a beer.
Too few customers, too many bars. Nobody wants to start a price war.
Why do you think the BanChang 'round/oval table' exists.
Sit, talk whatever and pay half the price for your beer. Same friends who enjoy each others company with a few beers. Don't see a problem with it.
Why pay twice the price for a beer just to have some bird who can't have a minimal conversation with you serve you. Lets be honest, maybe 1 from 50 might actually like you but maybe that like is based on the tip you leave!!!.
99% of the time myself and a couple of friends get together and cook at home and make food that is way ahead of the pub grub in BC. If we go out to eat it's beach places around the area where a large bottle of beer is 75 to 90 baht.
Could go on but I'm going to bed.
Gnite.[emoji38][emoji38]

Nice reference to the famous Banchang round/oval table [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

3 minutes ago, banchang said:

Nice reference to the famous Banchang round/oval table emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

The guys who sit there don't do anyone any harm so any comment I make is humour related. Some of them do have the cash behind them to drink in other bars but a bit like me don't see the point in spending just to make someone who runs a bar with a few hoo----s richer.

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:32 AM, Ridge said:

OverhereBC,

That's the reason for asking about price setting. Nothing wrong with making money, but 60 bath for a bottle in a condom... come on. Very often there is not even a minimal conversation. She goes back in the kitchen or hides behind her smartphone, talks to her friend...

Ok, 60/70 bath + tip makes more money per bottle than 45. Unless at 45 you can sell 4 x more. So why is nobody doing it ? Price agreement ?

I don't understand your "but 60 bath for a bottle in a condom". In fact I do not understand where you are going with this post!!

^Pattaya is more of a "punter's market", due to (too much) competition, and better supply lines. Hence the much cheaper prices.

Having said that,  a lot of the Banchang "Strip" bar owners are still thinking that it's still the mid 90's with a load of Oil & Gas expats around with lots of money in their pockets. :smile: Thus, a lot of those place are up for sale, and change hands regularly.

The demographic is now mostly expat retirees and / or people living on a lower budget.

On 9/12/2017 at 5:31 PM, balo said:

Beers should be 50 baht in non-aircon bars and 60 baht with ac. Most bars in Pattaya seem to be around that price , at least during happy hours. 

This is the Eastern Thailand forum frendo. bottoms up :(

On 12/09/2017 at 2:00 PM, rossd said:

I don't understand your "but 60 bath for a bottle in a condom". In fact I do not understand where you are going with this post!!

Beer can/bottle condom.

Keeps beer cold and your hand warm.  ??

PS.

Has the beer gone up since the tax thingy came to be??

images (33).jpg

Archived