Man killed in brawl over 'smelly' noodles

snoop1130

Man killed in brawl over 'smelly' noodles

By The Nation

81bb65ccd03015980047c95a981f9ad3.jpeg

One man was killed and three persons were injured on Friday in a fight between neighbours over the smell of boiled instant noodles, police said.

Police said Somchai Klinhom, 47, was stabbed to death at his townhouse in the Maneemart housing estate on Soi Khubon 28 on Khubon Road in Bangkok’s Khan Nayao district at 11.45am.

Somchai’s next-door neighbours – two men and a woman – were injured and were rushed to a hospital. Police found a blood-soaked knife, a baseball bat and a wooden stick at the scene.

901074a96da68c1de74949cb0ce5992b.jpeg

Police said Somchai and his neighbours often quarrelled. The dispute on Thursday began when Somchai’s younger brother boiled instant noodles, which the neighbours objected to saying they found the smell offensive.

The dispute led to the two sides going to the Khan Nayao Police Station for police mediation.

On Friday, Somchai again got into a quarrel with his neighbours. This time, he shouted at the mother of his neighbours, which prompting the three to charge into his house and beat him up. He died in front of his house, police said.

ebbb5670c4a79d8411463a71b3d6df8b.jpeg

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30326153

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-9-8

41 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

Somchai and his neighbours often quarrelled.

the early signal; get friends or weapons or both; forget the police; there are bodyguards for hire that view their jobs a bit offensively; 

perhaps this strategy is offensive to some; to some thais , this is the only way they will know

IF this story is true, it has to be the MOST MEANINGLESS reason ever to kill a fellow human being.... 

Oh, I don't know...there will be more meaningless murders for sure. Last year a security guard was killed over a 20 Baht loan for lunch.

it starts at school. teachers beating the shit out of a 'disrespectful ' students, then is transferred @home where kids are left to being fed by granny, then growing up in an environment which 'understands' their ' struggle' and the struggle begins, without basic social skill, anger management and a deep rooted low self esteem.....a deadly cocktail in society which appears on a daily bases in the news!

Yes, I agree with others that when neighbors frequently argue it is bound to turn nasty at some point...but killing? No! It seems to me that there are are only two modes here, don't care and hooligan mode with no in between. 

Only in Thailand will the cooking cuisine and its smells be taken this seriously.

A 95% of Thai population requires, is in despate need of anger management and this invludes my wife,so,believe you all me when I say: I know what I am talking about 

actual noodles are not smelly but the sauce-added ingredients they are cooked in very well could be

is the term "retard" obsolete related to political correctness?   does storing food in the freezer not retard bacterial growth?

re; political correctness...  unanimity of speech and thought has a chilling effect on society especially what are supposed to be free and open ones. 

11 minutes ago, smew said:

Only in Thailand will the cooking cuisine and its smells be taken this seriously.

A 95% of Thai population requires, is in despate need of anger management and this invludes my wife,so,believe you all me when I say: I know what I am talking about 

Luckily my wife is in the 5%, I sympathise :smile:

10 hours ago, baboon said:

"Police said Somchai and his neighbours often quarrelled."

There is clearly far more to the story than the smell of noodles. Nor is baseball a particularly popular sport in this fine nation....

He was killed after shouting at the mother, not over the smell of noodles. The headline is misleading and that merely began the problem. And baseball bats are only used to attack people in the Land of Smiles, not for sport.

Actually the headline is totally false and very poor journalism.

I'm not saying that the killing was a massive over reaction by out of control people but the facts are that:-

The argument over smelly noodles was on the Thursday and was somewhat pacified. The killing on the Friday was over something Somchai shouted at someone's mother. Clearly taken as a gross insult.

Sorry to spoil the noodle party.

Archived