Man killed in brawl over 'smelly' noodles

snoop1130

3 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

He was killed after shouting at the mother, not over the smell of noodles. The headline is misleading and that merely began the problem. And baseball bats are only used to attack people in the Land of Smiles, not for sport.

Barry. We seem to have posted the same remarks at identical time.

5 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Thailand still loves to peddle the fairytale that Thais are always smiling and never get angry. Meanwhile, out on the streets.....

Reminds me of the words of a poster whose name I forget: "Behind every smile is an angry Thai"...

The video was on thai tv last night. The neighbours, mum, dad and adult son were like savages beating the guy whilst he was on the floor. The metal baseball bat was shown bent and deformed. All happened on a small soi of townhouses in broad daylight. Shocking even by thai standards.

16 hours ago, InMyShadow said:

Boiled noodles smelly? What am I missing

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk
When I lived in my very lovely room at Sirikarn Residence in Na Kleua where a population was %100 Farang (Germans). I am a Canadian but after 30 years in Thailand I became quite "bushed" according to my friends and I loved Pla Khem, the long salted fish that you fry and add to anything. My lovely Landlady was the only one who asked "what the hell is that smell" I love it. Nobody was ever killed.

2 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Is that supposed to be serious.Its hard to workout in Teacher Speak these days.?

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

2 hours ago, pattayadon said:

"Retard" is an obsolete and extremely offensive word!! Try using a thesaurus.

13 hours ago, djayz said:

IF this story is true, it has to be the MOST MEANINGLESS reason ever to kill a fellow human being.... 

Not sure if it is the most meaningless, how about the reason a man who drove his pickup on the wrong side of the road and killed a baby?

She said that shortly before the accident she had had a big argument with her husband in front of some relatives over buying some fish. Her husband had driven off in a furious rage.

1 hour ago, hotchilli said:

Seems it takes less and less to get yourself killed in Thailand these days...

Less than where hotchilli.............

Contrary to what you might think when watching cable TV or perusing the more sensational online media, you have a low chance of being murdered in the Land of Smiles. A new report by the United Nations does not even include any Asian country in the top 20; Thailand isn’t even in the top 100  

http://pattayatoday.net/features/snap-judgment/thailand’s-murder-rate/

14 hours ago, baboon said:

"Police said Somchai and his neighbours often quarrelled."

There is clearly far more to the story than the smell of noodles. Nor is baseball a particularly popular sport in this fine nation....

Indeed.

And yet I always see plenty of baseball bats on sale at various night markets. Seems to be growing in popularity! 

We are living in a mad house,and things seem to be getting worse.people are loosing it over nothing.
regards worgeordie

With a population of 70,000,000, there's bound to be a few thousand wackos running around. And we're hearing about a few hundred a year perhaps. Mental illness knows no nationality nor culture necessarily.

On 9/9/2017 at 8:29 AM, pattayadon said:

I don't find it extremely offensive.

re·tard
verb
verb: retard; 3rd person present: retards; past tense: retarded; past participle: retarded; gerund or present participle: retarding
riˈtärd/
  1. 1.
    delay or hold back in terms of progress, development, or accomplishment.
    "his progress was retarded by his limp"
    synonyms: delay, slow down, slow up, hold back, hold up, set back, postpone, put back, detain, decelerate;

On 9/9/2017 at 8:29 AM, pattayadon said:

THAT's what you're taking away from this story? Seriously, you are missing the mark here...also, retard is a perfectly fine word...words become offensive when people mistakenly think that by banning their use, the issue is somehow mitigated...retard is a crude word, but i'd like to have it around, because it serves a purpose, even if that purpose is to insult someone...it's stupid to ban words, because the meaning of words can change daily...anyone can find any word offensive if they try enough...i worked at a place that found the word niggard offensive...

Just now, hdkane said:

THAT's what you're taking away from this story? Seriously, you are missing the mark here...also, retard is a perfectly fine word...words become offensive when people mistakenly think that by banning their use, the issue is somehow mitigated...retard is a crude word, but i'd like to have it around, because it serves a purpose, even if that purpose is to insult someone...it's stupid to ban words, because the meaning of words can change daily...anyone can find any word offensive if they try enough...i worked at a place that found the word niggard offensive...

People that find the word 'niggardly' offensive due to a phonetically similar word are probably offended by the word 'country' :whistling:

On 9/8/2017 at 6:33 PM, ukrules said:

Smelly noodles, what a bunch of retards.

Thais eat noodles all day long, this sounds made up to me. Everyone knows noodles smell lovely.

Even at the "retard's camp", those would have been tag'd as "special" :whistling:

Don't really see what the big deal is about - this is the essence of the Thai psyche.

The anger on both sides was already simmering under the surface.

All it needed to boil over was a little push -  any excuse to pull out the machetes.

Somchai could have broken out a fart and had the smell reached the neighbors,

that would probably suffice as an excuse to kick things off Thai style.

Archived