Looking for a decent water filter for home use

pol123

Hi all,

Thailand is so hot and water is so essential. I am looking for a decent water filter for home use.

I look to Kangen Water, its so expensive and look a lot of some adv/fake commercial argument here.

Please share your experience.

Thank you.

11 hours ago, silverado1 said:

rain water (no filter) seems good to me.... 

Heu... Not in BKK and nowadays I wont do that....

13 hours ago, Sheryl said:

Are you looking for a drinking water filter or a whole house filter?

Drinking water filter I need. We seriously think to invest in a Kangen ... 

Kangen is, frankly, junk science. There is no health benefit to drinking water that is more alkaline . Most importantly, alkalinizing water does  not remove harmful bacteria nor all heavy metals. (The acidic stream will have reduced bacteria, but is not safe to drink).

As to filter, need to consider what it is you are wanting to filter out.

A simple activated carbon filter (cheap and come both in ones that attach to faucet and in table top filters) will remove sediment and silt and greatly reduce the amount of of most chlorine and odors. However, if you are concerned that the water may contain serious heavy metals (as can happen with old pipes) then this alone won't do the trick and you are better off with reverse osmosis.

• 6 months later...

hey have you found one yet?

my friend is also looking for a water filter . Her tap water tastes weird in her new house.

we're looking at number 2 and 3 in this article 'cause they seem compact. any advice or actual experience? that would help us out alot

https://lunaregina.com/best-water-filters/

Archived