A good place to buy an import?

Shiver

I look at the car manufacturer sites for Thailand and am left wanting, and feel sure there must be someone filling the market gap.

I'm interested in something like a Focus RS or a Civic Type R, but they're not officially on the market here.

Is there a company anywhere in Thailand that can supply that kind of thing?  I'd like a "pay and be done with it" transaction, as I don't know the ropes when it comes to import duty, and only hear horror stories.  Perhaps that's not an accurate reflection of the truth, but bad news spreads further than good news.

My S/O is typical Thai in that somehow 'new' is the only way (for the first two trillionths of a second until you actually get it out of the showroom, but that's another over told story).

For myself I don't care if new or not, but I have to want it to be incentivised to make it happen.

Eg:

Me:  250-350hp (ish), light/nimble/responsive, feedback you can be one with, class leading stopping ability, survivability design over economic.  Not Black/White/Silver, because as I get older I'll still have to remember where I parked it in the car park against a sea of monotony.  - In other words I know I'm going to have to compromise and go more mainstream.

Her:  1. How many airbags?  2. Is colour beautiful?  3.  ...there is no number three, though I know any car that had a sticker/seat cover/furry dice or anything with a picture of a minature schnauser, then I could sell her the idea of it being her idea to choose that particular car.

Archived