Suzuki GD110 cc

anto

Its a quirky little bike .Anyone any experience of riding one ? .I am low in funds and could pick one up at auction for around B25,000 (all costs paid ) .One year old and low milage .Is it an OK bike .I had big bikes in the past BMWs etc but fancy this one on cost and nostalgia . Being a Suzuki it should be reliable .Still that is one make of bike that i have never owned .

image.jpeg.34ad020c9e5b5f6dc92e7f79182bc085.jpeg

2 hours ago, Denim said:

Good little bike and very popular with Thais who want a retro look. Lot's of custom parts available so you can make it look like this :

suzuki.jpg

Lot's of you tube videos too. Not fast but economical. Only 34,000 baht new

Nice ,but i would prefer blue or red .The first accessory i would get is a little chrome back carrier . 

112 cc and a manual clutch/gearbox means it is as "fast" than most scooters , and ripe for modification when funds allow. Would make a good run-around , that looks more like a motorbike than moped , and just as cheap to run.  An alternative is a 150 cc Stallion or an older CBR 150 , or a scooter. I thought they were 39K.

2 minutes ago, ktm jeff said:

112 cc and a manual clutch/gearbox means it is as "fast" than most scooters , and ripe for modification when funds allow. Would make a good run-around , that looks more like a motorbike than moped , and just as cheap to run.  An alternative is a 150 cc Stallion or an older CBR 150 , or a scooter. I thought they were 39K.

They are B41k new .Was at an Auction last week in Chiang Mai and 2 of them ,one year olds went for B19 k and B21k .One had 5,000 km the other 16,000 km .So with Auction fees and VAT under B25,000  total .I would not have touched the one with 16,000 KM .

12 minutes ago, ktm jeff said:

16,000 KM is fine but for the extra 2,000 Baht , yes , id go for the one with 5,000 KM . Denim thought they were 34K. They were 39K when i last saw them. 25K is a bargain. What auction , the one near the airport on the Hang Dong road ?.

Yes ,Union Auction ,on the Hang dong road .They are repos ,so its likely that the engine oil was never changed or anything else on the one with 16,000 km .I have bought loads of bikes there through my Thai wife .Never a problem but i only buy with very low milage ,and usually one year old or less .

They were cheap as few there were interested in them ,and one stayed at the guide price the other went B1k above .Most bikes go B4 K or more above guide price .Especially Honda Scooby and Yamaha Grand Filano .Funny enough a Stallion there was guided at B20,000 and went for B31,000 but that was the extreme .

25 minutes ago, ktm jeff said:

16,000 KM is fine but for the extra 2,000 Baht , yes , id go for the one with 5,000 KM . Denim thought they were 34K. They were 39K when i last saw them. 25K is a bargain. What auction , the one near the airport on the Hang Dong road ?.

Yes....my bad. When they first came out they were cheaper but I guess they went up or the dealer I saw them at had a deal on.

14 minutes ago, Denim said:

Yes....my bad. When they first came out they were cheaper but I guess they went up or the dealer I saw them at had a deal on.

No problem mate. If they were 34K new , it may not have been worth buying second hand , if service history / oil changes cant be verified.

24 minutes ago, ktm jeff said:

If the Stallion went for 31K that is still cheap , what are they new , 59K ?. Depends on age and KM,s .

I was going on memory there .Looking at my notes here are the facts ,It was a Stallion Centaur Megaphone ,year 2017 ,milage 4,894 km .taxed till next January and went for B35,000 .Guide price was B20,000 .Then you have vat 7% and Auction costs on top .About roughly B3k extra .

There was another Stallion Centaur Siam ,year 2017,milage 1,058 km ,taxed till next March ,guided at B23,000 and went for B31,000 .

Imo it's the best bike you can buy in Thailand if you are low in funds. Would be top of my list if I only have 25 k to spend on a bike.

Me an a friend have been thinking of buying one and taking it on a little adventure through SEA. Just for the fun of it. Trying to have as much fun as possible by spending as little as possible. Should be easy to fix and cheap enough to leave behind.

6 hours ago, Nickymaster said:

Imo it's the best bike you can buy in Thailand if you are low in funds. Would be top of my list if I only have 25 k to spend on a bike.

Me an a friend have been thinking of buying one and taking it on a little adventure through SEA. Just for the fun of it. Trying to have as much fun as possible by spending as little as possible. Should be easy to fix and cheap enough to leave behind.

Yes .I like the classic looks and the lightness of it .I am not interested in speed  .I got that out of my system in my youth .The one sold here in Thailand seems to have an electric start plus a kick start to fall back on .Has whats now an old fashioned Carb. but still has the reliability of an electronic ignition .

I am in Pattaya (east side) and looking for a gd110. There is a used one (2016 model) with 36000km they are asking 30 000 baht! 

It did look clean, rode and sounded good to be fair.

I went to mityon- for a new one they quoted 

46 100 baht.

Does anyone know where to find a used one at reasonable prices near Pattaya?  

Thanks in advance. 

1 hour ago, Nomadmayo said:

I am in Pattaya (east side) and looking for a gd110. There is a used one (2016 model) with 36000km they are asking 30 000 baht! 

It did look clean, rode and sounded good to be fair.

I went to mityon- for a new one they quoted 

46 100 baht.

Does anyone know where to find a used one at reasonable prices near Pattaya?  

Thanks in advance. 

Union Auctions have a big Bike Auction every week in Bangkok .www.auct.co.th .They list the bikes on offer a few days before the Auction .You may be able to bid on line ?

1 hour ago, AllanB said:

Yes all very well....bla bla bla..... so how does it compare with the Wave, we were getting 204-206 mpg when we tested ours when new. We paid 34k baht for that......

Different tank that's all....

They say that its good on fuel .Thats good enough for me .

1 hour ago, anto said:
3 hours ago, AllanB said:

Yes all very well....bla bla bla..... so how does it compare with the Wave, we were getting 204-206 mpg when we tested ours when new. We paid 34k baht for that......

Different tank that's all....

Power , speed and fuel consumption seem about equal.. Just a matter of which style you  prefer , a step-through , smaller wheeled scooter , or a more traditional looking motorbike. Seems the OP will soon be a Suzuki owner. A well built bike that lends itself to future enhancements.

12 hours ago, ktm jeff said:

Well built? I would say not.... well not compared to the Wave, etc...it felt quite flimsy, poor engine. Unless things have changed since I tried one a couple of years ago. Suggest he goes to a dealer and tries one.

1 hour ago, AllanB said:

Well built? I would say not.... well not compared to the Wave, etc...it felt quite flimsy, poor engine. Unless things have changed since I tried one a couple of years ago. Suggest he goes to a dealer and tries one.

This model is only out 2 years or less .

On ‎9‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:34 PM, Denim said:

Good little bike and very popular with Thais who want a retro look. Lot's of custom parts available so you can make it look like this :

suzuki.jpg

Lot's of you tube videos too. Not fast but economical. Only 34,000 baht new

That is tastefully done and the builder has got an eye for good lines. He's done the seat and rear end particularly well, especially when you look at the stock bike.

If I was a 17 y/o Thai kid I would be proud as punch to own a bike looking like that.

Archived