Suzuki GD110 cc

anto

17 hours ago, AllanB said:

Yes all very well....bla bla bla..... so how does it compare with the Wave, we were getting 204-206 mpg when we tested ours when new. We paid 34k baht for that......

Different tank that's all....

Uh oh, somebody has been anal enough to check mpg figures on a stepthrough. An underbone. A Wave...:cheesy:

17 minutes ago, thaiguzzi said:

That is tastefully done and the builder has got an eye for good lines. He's done the seat and rear end particularly well, especially when you look at the stock bike.

If I was a 17 y/o Thai kid I would be proud as punch to own a bike looking like that.

I am 64 and would be happy to be seen on one .I wish i had my BMW/R80RT   back again mind ,but it will do for now .

1 hour ago, thaiguzzi said:

That is tastefully done and the builder has got an eye for good lines. He's done the seat and rear end particularly well, especially when you look at the stock bike.

If I was a 17 y/o Thai kid I would be proud as punch to own a bike looking like that.

Yes.....totally agree. I've looked and a lot of these that have been customized and this is the best. As you say .....a good eye for lines. When you look at some of the abortions out there that are none the less, the apple of their owners eyes , it makes you wonder how some people instinctively ' have it ' and others who obviously don't. A bit like people here who paint there houses pink and green :bah:

Only things I would change  are the red HT lead and the yellow shocks.

Possibly a slightly bigger front mudguard ( 2-3 inches ). The front forks look to have been replaced with upside down ones. Gaitered might work just as well and be cheaper considering it's not going to be that fast.

The second best one I saw was this. Not as good but with a change of exhaust , also nice enough.

suzi.jpg

3 hours ago, anto said:

This model is only out 2 years or less .

....and?

I said I tried one out a couple (a couple is 2) of years ago......when they first came out.

I wanted to be impressed, I like the top tank styling, but wasn't. It felt like a bike made in Vietnam and I have ridden over 1,000km and a Vietnamese built Honda, so I know the feeling.

On that basis what has this got that the more powerful Stallion hasn't apart from MPG, if that is what you are looking for it has to be a Wave?

I always check fuel consumption when I buy a new vehicle, a couple of tankfuls, that's all. Just curious to see how it compares with the published figures. I don't see that as anal....I always thought that was something completely different, but I will bow to your superior knowledge on the subject of "anal" Guzzi.:saai:

22 hours ago, AllanB said:

Yes all very well....bla bla bla..... so how does it compare with the Wave, we were getting 204-206 mpg when we tested ours when new. We paid 34k baht for that......

Different tank that's all....

You have me beat.  I only got 199 point something when I was running my 110i in.  Annoyed me at the time.

5 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

Uh oh, somebody has been anal enough to check mpg figures on a stepthrough. An underbone. A Wave...:cheesy:

Yes we get it.  If you don't own a big four stroke by some failed European manufacturer you are not a real man.

Measure, tweek, fettle, balance.  Fix the stripped threads and oil leaks.  Yada yada

I confess i havent ridden a 113 cc GD  , nor checked its fuel consumption. I wont ride a wave. I once checked the KM/L on a Lifan 200cc x-cross dual-sport under normal road cruising conditions. 42 MK per L. Thats 118 MPG. Interesting , but has little effect on my wealth or buying decision. I mentioned the Stallion as id be tempted to go for this. The modified red flat-tracker / bobber / board racer style looks great. IMO.

1 hour ago, In the jungle said:

Yes we get it.  If you don't own a big four stroke by some failed European manufacturer you are not a real man.

Measure, tweek, fettle, balance.  Fix the stripped threads and oil leaks.  Yada yada

Whatever.

Indeed.

I've never ever known, nor cared, nor checked mpg figures in any vehicle I've ever owned. Inc 2 stroke performance bikes in my youth. It is what it is.

Oh, except one, that was a Jeep Chieftain or summat, either way it was permanent 4WD with a 5.7 litre motor, 3 speed slush box and was so expensive on juice it had to go. Quickly. Well less than 10 mpg, but flooring it was addictive.

Bikes though, no, mpg figures - who gives a f##k?

yada yada.

3 hours ago, Nickymaster said:

5555 comparing a Stallions with a Suzuki. Nothing ages faster than Stallions. They even look used when they are supposed to be new.

Yes they are different bikes the GD110 is a slow, economical, rather dull, commuter bike, the large  number of Stallions I have seen about look a whole lot of fun with a great soundtrack to match.

I made the comparison for one reason, the Suzuki is made in VN and the Stallion also has a Japanese designed engine.

When I looked at the GD110 in the show room, it was parked next to a Japanese built Vanvan and the build quality difference was quite apparent.

On the subject of mpg, I guess if the benchmark is 10 anything is economical.

40 minutes ago, AllanB said:

... slow, economical, rather dull...

I resemble that remark.  Interestingly, I was a mechanic at a Suzuki dealership in the US for about a year in the early 70's.  I went to Thailand in 1977 and bought a ... drum roll ... SUZUKI!

>>the Suzuki is made in VN<<

Apparently its made in China under Suzuki supervision .Then each bike is brought to Japan on completion for quality control  .Thats according to that movie clip linked earlier .

7 hours ago, AllanB said:

Yes they are different bikes the GD110 is a slow, economical, rather dull, commuter bike, the large  number of Stallions I have seen about look a whole lot of fun with a great soundtrack to match.

I made the comparison for one reason, the Suzuki is made in VN and the Stallion also has a Japanese designed engine.

When I looked at the GD110 in the show room, it was parked next to a Japanese built Vanvan and the build quality difference was quite apparent.

On the subject of mpg, I guess if the benchmark is 10 anything is economical.

No. I said well under 10.

I digress, I do remember now, only once ever, when fuel consumption was discussed regards motorcycles amongst my wider circle of mates, friends and brothers.

It was in the early to mid 90's, when me and another mate bought our first Moto Guzzi's. Both were S/H early MK III 950cc Cali's with the stock 5 gallon tank. We still had our Brit bikes, and everybody else was riding Brit, Harley or (much) older Ducati's. No Jap bikes in our crew.

We could not believe the mileage we were getting from those Guzzi's - very very efficient economical engine design. On tour abroad etc, everybody else had to tank up, and we still had half a tank full.

Now, back to mpg figures on 100cc step throughs.

yada yada.

18 hours ago, anto said:

>>the Suzuki is made in VN<<

Apparently its made in China under Suzuki supervision .Then each bike is brought to Japan on completion for quality control  .Thats according to that movie clip linked earlier .

The dealership told me VN and Googling it there is some concurrence there.

I find it hard to believe they would "move the mountain to Mohamed", by shipping a bike built in China (supervised by Suzuki) all the way to Japan just to have it checked....and then back to Thailand to sell it.

16 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

No. I said well under 10.

I digress, I do remember now, only once ever, when fuel consumption was discussed regards motorcycles amongst my wider circle of mates, friends and brothers.

It was in the early to mid 90's, when me and another mate bought our first Moto Guzzi's. Both were S/H early MK III 950cc Cali's with the stock 5 gallon tank. We still had our Brit bikes, and everybody else was riding Brit, Harley or (much) older Ducati's. No Jap bikes in our crew.

We could not believe the mileage we were getting from those Guzzi's - very very efficient economical engine design. On tour abroad etc, everybody else had to tank up, and we still had half a tank full.

Now, back to mpg figures on 100cc step throughs.

yada yada.

Aha!.....................

1 hour ago, AllanB said:

I find it hard to believe they would "move the mountain to Mohamed", by shipping a bike built in China (supervised by Suzuki) all the way to Japan just to have it checked....and then back to Thailand to sell it.

Me also.

• 8 months later...
On 9/14/2017 at 7:18 AM, AllanB said:

Maybe Suzuki pick, at random, bikes from assembly and check them out? Sounds a more likely scenario to me.

Archived