BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

anto

Suzuki GD110 cc

7 hours ago, AllanB said:

Yes they are different bikes the GD110 is a slow, economical, rather dull, commuter bike, the large  number of Stallions I have seen about look a whole lot of fun with a great soundtrack to match.

I made the comparison for one reason, the Suzuki is made in VN and the Stallion also has a Japanese designed engine.

When I looked at the GD110 in the show room, it was parked next to a Japanese built Vanvan and the build quality difference was quite apparent.

On the subject of mpg, I guess if the benchmark is 10 anything is economical.

No. I said well under 10.

I digress, I do remember now, only once ever, when fuel consumption was discussed regards motorcycles amongst my wider circle of mates, friends and brothers.

It was in the early to mid 90's, when me and another mate bought our first Moto Guzzi's. Both were S/H early MK III 950cc Cali's with the stock 5 gallon tank. We still had our Brit bikes, and everybody else was riding Brit, Harley or (much) older Ducati's. No Jap bikes in our crew.

We could not believe the mileage we were getting from those Guzzi's - very very efficient economical engine design. On tour abroad etc, everybody else had to tank up, and we still had half a tank full.

Now, back to mpg figures on 100cc step throughs.

yada yada.

18 hours ago, anto said:

>>the Suzuki is made in VN<<

Apparently its made in China under Suzuki supervision .Then each bike is brought to Japan on completion for quality control  .Thats according to that movie clip linked earlier .

The dealership told me VN and Googling it there is some concurrence there.

I find it hard to believe they would "move the mountain to Mohamed", by shipping a bike built in China (supervised by Suzuki) all the way to Japan just to have it checked....and then back to Thailand to sell it.

16 hours ago, thaiguzzi said:

No. I said well under 10.

I digress, I do remember now, only once ever, when fuel consumption was discussed regards motorcycles amongst my wider circle of mates, friends and brothers.

It was in the early to mid 90's, when me and another mate bought our first Moto Guzzi's. Both were S/H early MK III 950cc Cali's with the stock 5 gallon tank. We still had our Brit bikes, and everybody else was riding Brit, Harley or (much) older Ducati's. No Jap bikes in our crew.

We could not believe the mileage we were getting from those Guzzi's - very very efficient economical engine design. On tour abroad etc, everybody else had to tank up, and we still had half a tank full.

Now, back to mpg figures on 100cc step throughs.

yada yada.

Aha!.....................

1 hour ago, AllanB said:

I find it hard to believe they would "move the mountain to Mohamed", by shipping a bike built in China (supervised by Suzuki) all the way to Japan just to have it checked....and then back to Thailand to sell it.

Me also.

On 9/14/2017 at 7:18 AM, AllanB said:

Maybe Suzuki pick, at random, bikes from assembly and check them out? Sounds a more likely scenario to me.