Kodi not loading tv shows or movies

AJBangkok

Since yesterday I have not been able to load and play any tv shows on Kodi. I've tried covenent, specto, 1 channel and even exodus and while all the addons open normally when you try to open any list of tv shows or seasons or individual shows it slows right down and takes up to 5 minutes to open . Same goes when searching for a tv show.

Normal live tv streams are unaffected.

I've tried 2 complete reinstallations of Kodi and the addons I use on my 2 windows machines and the same on my Nivida shield.

As it's happening on both windows and android systems I'm wondering if it's my isp AIS fiber doing something. My internet speed is ok but just tv shows and movies are unaccessable

anyone having a similar problem?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, nothing. I originally thought it may have been a windows update but I am also running a Nivida Shield which is android so it couldn't be that. I tried every addon that downloads tv shows and while they all opened the they couldn't access the actual database of tv shows or movies on the addons. Thats why I'm thinking it could be AIS  fiber related 

Mine is working OK on both Windows 10 and Android.

Are you running Kodi 17.4?

Updated all your video addons?

System date and time correct? (This is a common cause of addons not finding any listings/sources)

I find that the most consistent performing addon these days is Maverick, although Covenant, Elysium, Bob Unleashed, and UK Turks are also good performers.

Ok I found out the problem is AIS fiber they must be blocking me in some way so that I can't use kodi to stream tv shows or movies. The regular internet works fine but whenever I try to open a menu in kodi that lists tv shows or movies i get the spinning wheel which either goes for 5-10 minutes or just times out.

i did call AIS and ask if they were blocking my account but they didn't know and offered to reset it. They did and nothing changed. Still no tv shows or movies.

I went on the net and found a 3 day free trial for a vpn  (saferVPN) signed up installed the software and connected to Singapore ( the Thai server didn't work ). I then opened kodi and guess what, everything works as per normal no spinning wheels and pretty much instantaneous connections through the kodi apps like covernent.

i really don't want to go through the hassle of changing isp's but I dont really want to go through a vpn if I dont have to. I don't know what to tell AIS Fiber to get them to stop whatever it is they are doing to block my access. 

Any thoughts ?

BTW this may out a chill upntge spine if any AIS Fiber users but if AIS can do it to me then they can do it to you as well 

22 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

I find that the most consistent performing addon these days is Maverick, although Covenant, Elysium, Bob Unleashed, and UK Turks are also good performers.

Cant find MaverickTv in the repo….just At The Flix….are they the same?

On 9/10/2017 at 4:51 PM, AJBangkok said:

Ok I found out the problem is AIS fiber they must be blocking me in some way so that I can't use kodi to stream tv shows or movies. The regular internet works fine but whenever I try to open a menu in kodi that lists tv shows or movies i get the spinning wheel which either goes for 5-10 minutes or just times out.

i did call AIS and ask if they were blocking my account but they didn't know and offered to reset it. They did and nothing changed. Still no tv shows or movies.

I went on the net and found a 3 day free trial for a vpn  (saferVPN) signed up installed the software and connected to Singapore ( the Thai server didn't work ). I then opened kodi and guess what, everything works as per normal no spinning wheels and pretty much instantaneous connections through the kodi apps like covernent.

i really don't want to go through the hassle of changing isp's but I dont really want to go through a vpn if I dont have to. I don't know what to tell AIS Fiber to get them to stop whatever it is they are doing to block my access. 

Any thoughts ?

BTW this may out a chill upntge spine if any AIS Fiber users but if AIS can do it to me then they can do it to you as well 

Just saw you post....I'm on AIS Fibre....just went to Kodi...fired up Exodus...movies started up as normal.

I am on AIS Fibre 50/10, and I'm not having any problems with Kodi Covenant at the present.

Although I have had problems in  the past., especially using Real Debrid when their server was in France (It's now in Singapore).

Contact AIS if it is their problem they will sort it out.

Further to my message above, you do know that TVaddons and their Fusion repo is now defunct.

Covenant can now be found on the Colossus repo. If you google Colossus repo Kodi there are lots of helpful people there who will show you how to add it to kodi.

Also using Real-Debrid and alluc.com will give you many more HD streams. Real-Debrid is about 16 Euros for 6 months and alluc.com is free.

Again google them and you will get plenty of advice on how to use them with Kodi.

I hear you Elfpattaya, it sounds like you have my set up, I'm already using covenant off the colossus repo and I use it with real debrid and trakt.tv. Maybe it has something to do with an IPv6 address as I've been searching on the internet and there have been people that have had a similar problem to me and it was due to theur IPv6 address 

On 12/09/2017 at 8:15 AM, AJBangkok said:

I hear you Elfpattaya, it sounds like you have my set up, I'm already using covenant off the colossus repo and I use it with real debrid and trakt.tv. Maybe it has something to do with an IPv6 address as I've been searching on the internet and there have been people that have had a similar problem to me and it was due to theur IPv6 address 

Confirmation here: IPv6 went from not really good to BAD. If you have that trouble on a computer, Firefox is probably weird too.

Just disable IPv6 for a while: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/929852/how-to-disable-ipv6-or-its-components-in-windows

• 11 months later...

My Android box has also stopped allowing any movies or TV shows. Sports works okay. I am not the only one as a friend who also has 3BB as his ISP is having the same issue exactly. I have tried using Nord VPN and it all connects to Hong Kong, Japan or the UK as does my PC but I still cannot get any movies. I tried reloading Kodi and now having removed the old Kodi I am blocked from downloading Kodi. I tried to order a new Android box from Lazada but they have cancelled the sale 6 times now on various makes of Box. It is now illegal to sell and Android TV Box in Thailand. It is illegal to bring one in your luggage. 

My Android box has also stopped allowing any movies or TV shows. Sports works okay. I am not the only one as a friend who also has 3BB as his ISP is having the same issue exactly. I have tried using Nord VPN and it all connects to Hong Kong, Japan or the UK as does my PC but I still cannot get any movies. I tried reloading Kodi and now having removed the old Kodi I am blocked from downloading Kodi. I tried to order a new Android box from Lazada but they have cancelled the sale 6 times now on various makes of Box. It is now illegal to sell and Android TV Box in Thailand. It is illegal to bring one in your luggage. 
My kodi on my minix has been playing up the last few days. Today though i was able to get golf channel. I put it down to needing a newer box but maybe its unrelated

21 minutes ago, Rangerdriver said:

Just tried my movies on Kodi, I've had no problems accessing them, all seems to be working. 

A few other other members have reported their order of an Android box from Lazada being cancelled too, maybe there is something going on we don't know about.

18 minutes ago, Rangerdriver said:

It is now illegal to sell and Android TV Box in Thailand. It is illegal to bring one in your luggage. 

No it is not.

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

My kodi on my minix has been playing up the last few days. Today though i was able to get golf channel. I put it down to needing a newer box but maybe its unrelated

It depends which Minix you have. If it is a X8 H or the like it still runs Android 4.4, so you are not able to run Kodi Krypton, but then I also think you don't use your box that much.

If you have a box running Kodi 17.6 and it doesn't work it needs updating.

In the last few weeks a lot has happened. Several Android apps have been taken offline to never return.

Today Terrarium was removed, and in Kodi Blamo has thrown in the towel.

Currently all popular Kodi third party addons are developed by a handful developers, so if one drops out now, several addons die.

If Blamo's departure creates a chain reaction , the third party addon scene in Kodi can be dead in a few weeks

10 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

No it is not.

It depends which Minix you have. If it is a X8 H or the like it still runs Android 4.4, so you are not able to run Kodi Krypton, but then I also think you don't use your box that much.

If you have a box running Kodi 17.6 and it doesn't work it needs updating.

In the last few weeks a lot has happened. Several Android apps have been taken offline to never return.

Today Terrarium was removed, and in Kodi Blamo has thrown in the towel.

Currently all popular Kodi third party addons are developed by a handful developers, so if one drops out now, several addons die.

If Blamo's departure creates a chain reaction , the third party addon scene in Kodi can be dead in a few weeks

What is happening with Lazada, have they stopped selling them?

19 minutes ago, vogie said:

What is happening with Lazada, have they stopped selling them?

I have no idea. I got today Minix air mouses cancelled by Lazada, after waiting for them almost 3 weeks. The air mouses were sold by Geekbuying.

My boxes I get though some other route, and they get delivered, but since several posters mentioned cancellations it seems that Lazada has stopped.

Quite normal also because i doubt any of the China sellers have a NBTC license. If you order the box from Thailand seller I guess it will be delivered, but you will pay a higher price.

Yes its the X8H+ and i don't use Kodi much bit i use other addons a fair bit, shame that Terrariumtv is gone. What new android TV box would you recommend? Minix U9?

4 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

Yes its the X8H+ and i don't use Kodi much bit i use other addons a fair bit, shame that Terrariumtv is gone. What new android TV box would you recommend? Minix U9?

As you will have noticed from my other post, I sell boxes myself.

Difficult to recommend a box, as there are so many boxes on the market, but personally an overpriced Minix would be the last one on  my list.

3 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
1 hour ago, janclaes47 said:

As you will have noticed from my other post, I sell boxes myself.

Difficult to recommend a box, as there are so many boxes on the market, but personally an overpriced Minix would be the last one on  my list.

You sell them but difficult to recommend. Ok

Maybe try to read my post again.

There are so many boxes on the market.

What you ask is the same as, can some recommend a car to buy.

If you want to buy a box from me there is always the PM function.

No you're fine thanks. The reason i stuck to Minix is i bought an unknown chinese box highly recommended online, and it was absolute turd and threw it away, got a refund

6 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:
3 hours ago, janclaes47 said:

No you're fine thanks. The reason i stuck to Minix is i bought an unknown chinese box highly recommended online, and it was absolute turd and threw it away, got a refund

That is also the reason why my boxes all have a custom firmware and hardware modifications, because all budget price boxes currently on the market run hot without those modifications, but the average user has of course no idea what temperature his box is running.

Minix is an overpriced box.

The Minix x8 H plus can get Android 5.1 firmware installed, so you can run Kodi 17.6

Archived