Thai Post

alex100

You could also check with the international courier companies.

At the rate quoted by Richard, I am not sure they charge a whole lot more,

and the good will be there in under a week.

4,275 Baht and it is going to take 2 - 3 months.

Wow ... is this kind of thing your business Richard ?

Among other things 'coz my actual biz is international trading, wholesale and retail. But usually I do it the Chinese way and take on all business challenges that sound promising means also provide service to foreigners interested in Thailand or Thais needing to get something done in Europe (mainly Germany).

Basically, the secret is just to get yourself a good database (including shipping rate lists) and then it is easy to answer many questions off drawer and make a bright impression. I'm therfore a collector and stacks of paper pile up in my office making the job a piece of caaake.... Shoot, where is that business card I just got 3 years ago. I just had it here :o

You could also check with the international courier companies.

At the rate quoted by Richard, I am not sure they charge a whole lot more,

and the good will be there in under a week.

Yes, the courier companies are much quicker (usually it takes between 3 - 5 days)

In a few certain cases courier can be indeed cheaper than regular airmail but all in all it is always a matter of weight and destination. The regular rates of private courier companies are very high but if you sign up an account with them they drop quite a bit.

Additional discounts apply if one uses the boxes/enevelopes standardized in size and provided by those companies.

Used to have an account with Fedex back in 2000 but nowadays rather prefer to employ EMS (courier service by Thai post office). Usually, to keep your account alive you must use the service very regularly.

In comparison:

Old FedEx list (special contract rates):

20kgs to Zone D (United Kingdom): Baht 9.146

however, if using the FedEx 25kg: Baht 4.800

EMS: Baht 8.850

For Alex100 time was obviously not the subject and that's why he referred to Surface and well if does not have an account with an international courier company this means of transportation will most likely be the cheapest option in his particular case.