AIA experience

Tarteso

I'm 58 y/o, good health and without prior disease. Two years ago I got a insurance with AIA as Gold membership (3990.-B/month).

Last month (agost) had a strong painful, calling to ambulance and taking way to Bangkok Hospital in Chanthaburi with extreme pain in the upper stomach and left arm. To my great surprise, two illness!; stones in the gallbladder and pincer in cervicales (C-4, C-5). which derives to another strong pain in left arm.

The result, can not believe it ! ...Surgery of Cervical radiculopathy and laparoscopic cholecystectomy. Both under general anesthesia and separated by 3 weeks.

In the beginning, with my dudes, had the option of returning to my West Country for surgeries, but I definitely decided to take a chance in TH.

Not any problem, Insurance pay all. About 480.000.-Bahts. and already transferred to my Bank's account the entered days in hospital. Now I am recovering in home, quiet and happy to pay every months my expat's insurance... nobody knows the future

and really grateful to the insurance company, to the magnificent quality and professionals of surgeon. (Including nurses[emoji41])

Regards!

• 5 weeks later...

Interesting to read your account Tarteso.

I have just had a bad experience with a Thai insurance provider. I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and needed surgery. 

I enquired about laparoscopic at Samitivej Hospital and was quoted a price of 600,000 Baht. My coverage was up to 1.2 million. Anyway, the insurance company gave the go-ahead and I had my surgery. Two nights in hospital and back at work after 4 days.

Yesterday, I received an email from the insurance company that they would not continue with my insurance due to "an excessive claim" that would cause them to raise the premium of other members.

So now i am looking for a new insurance company. 

Interesting to read your account Tarteso.

I have just had a bad experience with a Thai insurance provider. I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia and needed surgery. 

I enquired about laparoscopic at Samitivej Hospital and was quoted a price of 600,000 Baht. My coverage was up to 1.2 million. Anyway, the insurance company gave the go-ahead and I had my surgery. Two nights in hospital and back at work after 4 days.

Yesterday, I received an email from the insurance company that they would not continue with my insurance due to "an excessive claim" that would cause them to raise the premium of other members.

So now i am looking for a new insurance company. 

I was been insured by a broker in Chiang Mai, if you need the contact, Post me a message.

• 10 months later...

I have a health insurance policy with AIA for myself and 11 year old daughter.

Last year I was diagnosed with severe high blood pressure I was told i had to stay in hospital for 1 night so i did not have to pay.

On doing this AIA did not pay my bill i had to pay it myself and claim it back.

It took 3 months of chasing the payment to get paid.

Last month i had a motor bike accident.

I have accident cover i developed blood poisoning and was admitted into hospital 5 nights.

same scenario all over again AIA refused to pay and i am now chasing payment.

The agent is not returning my  calls or texts.

yesterday i received my renewal in the post as if i am going to pay them money whilst they owe me over 100,000 baht.

That is AIA Thailand?

Why was there no direct payment from AIA to the hospital?

Bangkok Hospital is a private company...money talk.

I had the same problem in hospital these days, I refused to pay in a serious attitude... enforcing the agent to talk with AIA and telling him to stop and leave the insurance take a flight to Spain and get my surgery free “ Social Security pay 100%. After two days, got green light to operating theater

It’s Works for me and let’s see next time

11 minutes ago, Tarteso said:

Bangkok Hospital is a private company...money talk.

I had the same problem in hospital these days, I refused to pay in a serious attitude... enforcing the agent to talk with AIA and telling him to stop and leave the insurance take a flight to Spain and get my surgery free “ Social Security pay 100%. After two days, got green light to operating theater

It’s Works for me and let’s see next time

Which has nothing to do with my question to KKBrian about his experience with AIA.

2 hours ago, stevenl said:

That is AIA Thailand?

Why was there no direct payment from AIA to the hospital?

yes AIA Thailand they refused to pay and said i had to pay and claim back

I stayed in hospital an extra day and half because of this.

On 9/8/2018 at 4:21 PM, KKBrian said:

yes AIA Thailand they refused to pay and said i had to pay and claim back

I stayed in hospital an extra day and half because of this.

Thanks.

Really strange they didn't pay direct.

Archived