Has everybody who quit in the last year still off them??

ThaiPauly

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last year I was cured[emoji1]
Smoked for 40 years. Tried and failed many times to kick the habit.
Until...... After a recommendation I had two sessions with a hypnotherapist and been smoke and smell free since August last year!!

Good luck with your quest.
You can do it!!

Just picture yourself on a mobility scooter with an oxygen tank on your back!! Not a pretty sight!!
Do it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Eight years ago by hypnotherapy. Absolutely no withdrawal symptoms or cravings. Euphoric for the first three  days. Walked out of the room and knew I would never touch them again. However, at that time I hated smoking and wanted nothing more than to quit, just didn't believe I had the willpower to do it on my own.  As they say, hypnotherapy only works if you really want to quit, otherwise it is a waste of money. 

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

Eight years ago by hypnotherapy. Absolutely no withdrawal symptoms or cravings. Euphoric for the first three  days. Walked out of the room and knew I would never touch them again. However, at that time I hated smoking and wanted nothing more than to quit, just didn't believe I had the willpower to do it on my own.  As they say, hypnotherapy only works if you really want to quit, otherwise it is a waste of money. 

That is true you have to WANT IT above everything else and a good hypnotherapist will make sure that's in place before the session (yes I'm a trained clinical hypnotherapist non-practicing). 

2 minutes ago, GBK said:

Where can I find a clinical hypnotherapist in Thailand and how do I know that their accreditation is good?

The fellow I saw is no longer in Thailand. He had the credentials and I checked them, but, unfortunately, no use to you. I know of a couple of others but could not vouch for them.

3 and a half years, and loving it. My life was turned around by six magical words:

You - have - had - a - heart - attack.

Needed no other assistance to quit (booze as well)

:) Best wishes to all smokers trying to quit. 

Stop seeing these as individual attempts to quit. You may have slip-ups after a week or year or two years or longer but just see it as that and not a failure.

I'll be 'clean' 7 years this Cristmas. Not smoked for 5 but several slip ups in the first 2 years. Some lasting a month or more.

Have you read Alan Carr's book? It's excellent.

I stopped cold turkey in Oct 2015. Smoked for 27 years, stopped for 3 as I started again.

Smoked for another 7 and hit the non smokers corner.

Don't tell your self you are stopping, just convince yourself that you are a non-smoker.

Yes I do get cravings once in a blue moon, still want to stop at 7/11 and buy a box after a really stressful time, but then I just convince myself that I don't smoke. The feeling only last for 20 minutes or so.

Good luck and you can do it.

I am only 6 weeks into it but very proud of myself after 55 years of smoking.

Even lung cancer 10 years ago didn't stop me.

Recent loss of breadth just walking up a few stairs did the job for me. Even quarterly CT scans wasn't picking up the emphysema.

Still fighting the cravings but getting easier. Wife gave up 2 days later.

My secret turned out to be perfect (for me):

1. Plan when and where to do it

2. Ensure I had 2-3 days clear off work

3. Get rid of all distractions

4. Get rid of all smokes the night before

5. Use sleeping tablets to try and sleep through the bulk of first few days

Whilst it remains hard I talk to others who have given up for longer periods to get confidence it will all get better. 

23 years clean now , succeeded after 3 attempts " to give up", found using nicotine gum helpful, had to do some work on the inner self as smoking for me was a self medicating coping thing, but you don't actually give up anything rather gain so many things

Archived