BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThaiPauly

Has everybody who quit in the last year still off them??

I have tried and failed on countless occasions, but this time I have managed to hit the six month barrier and still off them.

How is everyone else doing?

Good luck I quit years ago and it ain't easy but think of the waste of effort if you crack now... just keep going.

I read that nicotine and heroin were equally addictive.

Willpower did not win in the long-term.

Hypnotherapy produced a similar outcome.

Persistence won out in the end. 

Last year I was cured[emoji1]
Smoked for 40 years. Tried and failed many times to kick the habit.
Until...... After a recommendation I had two sessions with a hypnotherapist and been smoke and smell free since August last year!!

Good luck with your quest.
You can do it!!

Just picture yourself on a mobility scooter with an oxygen tank on your back!! Not a pretty sight!!
Do it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Genghis Kant

Well written.

In hindsight, I believe that hypnotherapy was my savior plus encouragement by my then wife.

30+ years ago now.

Eight years ago by hypnotherapy. Absolutely no withdrawal symptoms or cravings. Euphoric for the first three  days. Walked out of the room and knew I would never touch them again. However, at that time I hated smoking and wanted nothing more than to quit, just didn't believe I had the willpower to do it on my own.  As they say, hypnotherapy only works if you really want to quit, otherwise it is a waste of money. 

1 minute ago, GarryP said:

Eight years ago by hypnotherapy. Absolutely no withdrawal symptoms or cravings. Euphoric for the first three  days. Walked out of the room and knew I would never touch them again. However, at that time I hated smoking and wanted nothing more than to quit, just didn't believe I had the willpower to do it on my own.  As they say, hypnotherapy only works if you really want to quit, otherwise it is a waste of money. 

That is true you have to WANT IT above everything else and a good hypnotherapist will make sure that's in place before the session (yes I'm a trained clinical hypnotherapist non-practicing). 

Where can I find a clinical hypnotherapist in Thailand and how do I know that their accreditation is good?

2 minutes ago, GBK said:

Where can I find a clinical hypnotherapist in Thailand and how do I know that their accreditation is good?

The fellow I saw is no longer in Thailand. He had the credentials and I checked them, but, unfortunately, no use to you. I know of a couple of others but could not vouch for them.

I read Allen Carr's "Easyway to stop smoking".

I really works if you trust yourself to understand and pick up the ideas in the book, and also are truly willing to quit smoking.

The best part is that you don't need to buy or borrow the book, it is now also a free download: http://prdupl02.ynet.co.il/ForumFiles_2/15119301.pdf