BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThaiPauly

Has everybody who quit in the last year still off them??

500 days on Thursday, started thinking of the cost and decided to stop.

At current Australian prices that's about half a million baht saved.

Started smoking at the age of 12, 40 years later and smoking 30 a day and then one day I just stopped. 

Was at the airport, smoked 4 in a row and then thought enough is enough. Haven't smoked since, don't miss it and can't understand what was the attraction for four decades

Quit 20 years ago after many failures.

You must know that you still addicted during 5 years ( your neurotransmitter will be clear only after this time)

Don't give up 

There is no one 'cure all' and different things work for different people. Many, here, have stated the 'wake up call' of a heart attack, or the money side or another health issue. The most important thing is this... the outputs must be more than the inputs. If you have no health issues, money is good and no one is worried you smell like an ashtray then motivation is low. Anyone can stop smoking, that's a FACT but it's the motivation to do so and THAT is what trained clinical hypnotherapists enhance.

In the early stages you will chat to yourself about how it relaxes you, about you could stop later after a crisis has past or wait for a special 'date' or birthday. When I stopped I just did it. No special 'date' or reason it just doesn't make any sense to smoke. Once that is clear it's easy and hypnotherapy can help reinforce that. If you feel rough do what NLP teaches you : "fake it until you make it"  tell yourself you're fine, be positive and you WILL BE. We are what we think. Good luck to all although, actually, luck plays no part.

I quit seven years ago and even used this forum to get a bit of support.  It was very, very hard.  in fact the hardest thing I ever have done. I love being a nonsmoker but do now weight 23 kilos more than when I stopped.  I changed my nickname from Smokey to Jumbo.

hypnotherapy works for some people only,not everybody.

people with strong physique or with a good sense of humor are free of the influence of it.

I had my last smoke in the pack and then went to my credit union and asked for my fortnightly smoking money be put in a Christmas club. That was in February. In January the next year went to Singapore, Borneo and Thailand for 4 weeks and paid for all rooms, meals, drinks, flights and fun. Never bothered smoking since.

Used Champex. Medication inhibits brain receptors that crave the nicotine. google it as can have drastic side effects. After 9 days will power.

Used Champex. Medication inhibits brain receptors that crave the nicotine. google it as can have drastic side effects. After 9 days will power.

Yes. My GP prescribed a course of champex for me[emoji30]
Made me have VERY crazy dreams. Not pleasant or sexual. Kind of disturbed and psychotic!!

Never helped me to stop smoking but I never completed the course. Too scary!!

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

6 years for me if you mean cigarettes. You don't actually say in your post.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Op I can't recommend this book enough even if it didn't work for me. Unfortunately at the time I used to smoke something else as well. So That was why it didn't work for me. I found that really hard to stop because it basically ment I would have to stop seeing all my friends. But now I have stopped both. I know about 5 people who have read this book and have all stopped. Just look at the reviews of it. If is one of the highest rated books on Amazon.

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Revised Edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1405923318/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_UKfUzb3VYFPPE

Op I can't recommend this book enough even if it didn't work for me. Unfortunately at the time I used to smoke something else as well. So That was why it didn't work for me. I found that really hard to stop because it basically ment I would have to stop seeing all my friends. But now I have stopped both. I know about 5 people who have read this book and have all stopped. Just look at the reviews of it. If is one of the highest books on Amazon.

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Revised Edition https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1405923318/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_UKfUzb3VYFPPE

Edit after reading the rest of this Thread I see many other people are recommending it. And there a free ebook version. Trust me you could quit in the time it takes to read the book. If you don't have a ebook reader download load a free app. It's a good read anyway. And you will probably be free of nicotine and for free. Don't waste money on being hypnotised.

hi guys i stopped smoking decades ago and good luck to all of you. i found the first few days were the hardest the more days that past that i did not smoke the more proud of myself i was and did not want to let myself down after about a month i knew id won and never smoked again. one of the best things that ive done in my life. 

I quit (40/day) 8 years ago when I had a heart attack. Never had one since. Put on 25 kgs though.

11 hours ago, Binden said:

I'm on month 4 now and feel great.Hit the gym 3 or 4 times a week and it totally puts me off smoking.When i smell them now,or see someone  smoking ,it just looks so stupid and stinky.Keep up the good work???

well done   non purer than the purified eh ?