Tumeric will clean your liver and kidneys

welovethailand

When I was researching turmeric/curcumin for possible addition to an already low-inflammatory diet (a diet which so far seems helpful in managing my osteoarthritic hip and my inflammatory-inspired chest condition, bronchiectasis) the closest I could find to what seemed a balanced piece of research was this:

http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/mic/dietary-factors/phytochemicals/curcumin#drug-interactions

It comes from the website of one of the most expensive supplements widely marketed on the internet (which I don't take since a product almost one-third the price seems to suit) and I do not know whether the particular research centre was 'sponsored' by them to produce it, but it does seem to be quite open about the unproven nature of some of the claimed benefits and anyone anticipating taking turmeric/curcumin should read the section 'Safety' IMO - particularly if you are taking any other drugs.

Too early for me to detect any additional anti-inflammatory benefits for my lungs and hip-joints. I have taken it for only 2 months and would probably only have a useful indication to share if I continue for another 3 or 4 (because of my conviction that my diet is a big factor) and then cut the curcumin out in the interests of self-research. Self-testing over time and scepticism is the way to go for all drugs and alternatives IMO! Other people's experiences/claims are useful pointers but one's body is a unique and complex chemistry.

I did however notice an immediate effect of curcumin on blood flow to my penis! Was unaware of this potential when taking it and it seems to have died away slightly (boosted again when I had to buy a slightly more expensive concentrated curcumin in a health shop on a UK visit), but I estimate equivalence to about 25mg of sildenafil and a constant effect when taken at recommended dosage, whether once-a-day or twice/thrice.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/24/2018 at 11:35 AM, welovethailand said:

Forget about that crazy person. Sounds like he has roots to Big Pharma. (Chinese medisine and Herbs came long before Big Pharma tried to shut down all Herbs and supplements & minerals). This thread is about getting healthy with Tumeric. I read 2 days ago an article proving Tumeric can cure Type 2 diabetis. Search it, sorry, lost my link. 

Yes, tumeric is very orange, same as pumkin here in Thailand. Must be rich in beta's.  Yes, you can detox and when you use too much alcohal, or Big Pharma poison meds, or get too much Gylsophate (Monsantos weed killer & pesticide) in your system, you need to use something naturally strong like Tumeric. Yes, the kidneys and liver are like "filters & screens" but when  they get over powered by too much toxins, then they can "shut down". Tumeric is like calling in the Navy Seals to do a clean-up. So eat it, juice it and anything else you like,  its all for your better health.

Bring back Trepanning!

• 4 months later...

Anybody going on about "Big Pharma" and claiming that Google is trying to "shut it down" has, IMO, no credibility at all.
Google is a search engine, period. You can post any BS you want, as long as it is not illegal (trademark violation, e.g.) or blatantly false and harmful, like recommending that people take arsenic would be a probable no no.

On 12/24/2017 at 2:10 PM, welovethailand said:

My info comes from those like Health Ranger. He tells the truth, thats why Google is trying to take him down. So..I don't Google important stuff.

Horse pucky. The site was (temporarily) taken down for violating rules relating to redirect techniques. The rules are published and you have to sign that you have read and will comply.
A Google webmaster violation is the reason this website was penalized by Google, not its controversial nature.
"Natural News" is, in my opinion, a crock of baloney, and probably should be permanently banned.

• 4 months later...

Online here: https://healthfoodthailand.com. Took 5 days to arrive when I ordered a bottle 2 weeks ago.

Not as good value as online from the US here https://th.iherb.com  (a large US-Dutch global online outfit, which I rate highly for product range, ease of use and delivery reliability, for all but glass bottled stuff which they pack insufficiently - this is their Thai site) but currently iherb cannot deliver that product (many products?/all products? - not sure) to Thailand due to some import issue with Thai customs that seems to relate to their specific carriers, which is why I turned to the Thai supplier*. Seem to recall that the product is manufactured in Thailand from organic product supplied in North Thailand incidentally.

My needs are anti inflammatory, rather than liver cleaning. I've no idea whether turmeric/curcumin works as I have been taking a number of anti-inflam measures including a lo to anti-inflammatory diet, but my two conditions (osteoarthritis and bronchiectasis - both thankfully moderate in impact) have improved noticeably over the last couple of years. There tends to be more support for turmeric/curcumin being efficacious than for many other supplements.

Physicians (in the UK certainly) are still loathe (or should that be, not allowed) to recommend any substances that do not have evidential research indicating effectiveness. The supplements industry do not make the same profits as Big Pharma, so cannot afford research and so the circle continues to the detriment of Jo Public!

* I had been taking the Sports Nutrition curcumin product from them for 18 months.

• 1 month later...

Update to my 13-April post above.

I think that i-herb's problems were restricted to one of their two delivery sub-contractors. I have found that I can get their products using the cheaper delivery option (which I used before anyway and I had found a delivery experience of 2-3 weeks quite OK for this type of product).

I-herb remains way cheaper than any domestic alternative options. I noticed yesterday one of the Thai online health food stores proudly announcing they now offer cod liver oil - a supplement I took as a kid, free from the UK government (early 50's) as a vestige of the World War II rationing/health protection for infants along with free orange juice and a supplement I now find myself taking as a pensioner with dodgy joints! Hurriedly and excitedly I looked up the comparative pricing.

Thai online retailer 500ml for ThB 1,307, including delivery

i-Herb online 480ml for ThB 870, including delivery. [ThB 778 after deducting a loyalty discount which is easily earned once you have ordered before - and as far as I recall, a first order discount applies to newbies]

I'll be sticking with i-herb even though for this glass bottled product there is a risk of breakage in transit. Out of 8 shipments over 2 years of this product one was broken on arrival (quickly replaced, with a promise to pack better); didn't happen and another came with a fractured cap but no leakage/product damage. I'm having another go at getting them to pack better!

Traditional Chinese medicine includes the belief that pangolins and shark fins have medicinal qualities.

This is nonsense.

The germ theory of disease only came to prominence about 150 years ago.

The fact that traditional Chinese medicine believed something was beneficial 2,000 years ago is a negative, not a positive, unless there is evidence.

The placebo effect is well known.

Perhaps black pepper and turmeric are beneficial, but without researching this I believe a search will show zero or very close to that published peer reviewed scientific papers claiming any evidence of this.

I'm not an unthinking prosletiser for natural supplements, but you can't blame people with conditions from trying stuff out. I'm sure anyone who wants to form there own view will have enough to guide them from reading all the prior posts. I don't think we need to go over old ground again do we JimmyJ?

4 hours ago, JimmyJ said:

Traditional Chinese medicine includes the belief that pangolins and shark fins have medicinal qualities.

This is nonsense.

The germ theory of disease only came to prominence about 150 years ago.

The fact that traditional Chinese medicine believed something was beneficial 2,000 years ago is a negative, not a positive, unless there is evidence.

The placebo effect is well known.

Perhaps black pepper and turmeric are beneficial, but without researching this I believe a search will show zero or very close to that published peer reviewed scientific papers claiming any evidence of this.

There are some reports of the benefits of turmeric but I haven't really seen much "whats the best way to take it" is stirring some ground dried into a drink ok? Is using fresh the best? Should you cook the powder or the fresh root or take them raw? Or just pop a capsule? Just avoid if you have been to the dental hygienist and have had your teeth cleaned.

On 9/12/2017 at 4:52 PM, observer90210 said:

A fine report...but tumeric can also cause some gastric complications, as it once happened to me...

And it is not the Turmeric, it is the curcumin, which is about 7% of the average Turmeric powder.  So it is 20 or 30 Turmeric pills a day, or everything tastes like Tuirmeric (both of which get real old real quick) if you want to get what you apparently need to get much effect, or find Curcumin only powder.

Seemed like a good idea to me when I tried to do it a year ago til I gave up................    Quitter, thats me!

here is another comparison site worth looking into!

https://www.consumerlab.com/answers/how-does-turmeric-spice-differ-from-turmeric-curcumin-supplements/tumeric_spice_vs_supplements/

the link shown is but one of the myriad links within, to cover any, maybe all? questions you need an answer for  ''thre's even specific ones relating to liver etc, if cucumin taken over extensive period...

there's prompt to Join membership, but there's no need; unless you want to see detailed reports into comparison of Brands, and which have more/less Filth-Ratshair-InsectParts

all the range of questions and answers are freely available without Joining.

5 minutes ago, faraday said:

Tried taking Turmeric & just one capsule gives me an aching sick stomach.

I take Omeprazole 20mg every day.

Any ideas why it should make me feel sick?

Turmeric is a drug and isn't equally well supported by everyone. The capsules are a concentrated form of the curcurmin contained in turmeric - maybe you should start with turmeric powder, mixed into your food, much less concentrated. Or ginger?

Some people will be getting sick of yet another mention of the Keto diet, but I haven't taken Omeprazole or Antacid since I started Keto. Omeprazole every day is not healthy.

1 hour ago, cooked said:

I haven't taken Omeprazole or Antacid since I started Keto.

I haven't taken Omeprazole for over 10 years now despite a diagnosis of GERD and Barretts oesophagus, but since my stress levels dropped and taking the occasional D-Limonene capsule, I am well.

In addition my doctor (and friend) stated that he had patients on Omeprazole for 20yrs plus with no problems.

4 minutes ago, xylophone said:

I haven't taken Omeprazole for over 10 years now despite a diagnosis of GERD and Barretts oesophagus, but since my stress levels dropped and taking the occasional D-Limonene capsule, I am well.

In addition my doctor (and friend) stated that he had patients on Omeprazole for 20yrs plus with no problems.

I believe you. But how about finding the cause of the problem instead of just taking a drug?

39 minutes ago, cooked said:

I believe you. But how about finding the cause of the problem instead of just taking a drug?

The cause was stress.

Stress went after quitting my high stress job and moving here. Took the occasional D-Limonene capsule and have been free of the problem now for some years and my last gastroscopy showed no signs of Barretts and my doctor was amazed at this.

I took omeprazole for about a year then stopped.........all ok now.

On 12/22/2017 at 12:14 PM, StreetCowboy said:

It’s also recommended in small doses as a treatment for wind

That's interesting. Does it do anything for hot air? I see a lot of that on this forum. ???? 

(Just making joke in general, BTW -- no jab at what you've said.)

45 minutes ago, Inn Between said:

That's interesting. Does it do anything for hot air? I see a lot of that on this forum. ???? 

(Just making joke in general, BTW -- no jab at what you've said.)

I’m not sure.  And when the pharmacist recommended it for wind, I’m not sure if he was targeting embarrassment or a sense of humour

24 minutes ago, StreetCowboy said:

I’m not sure.  And when the pharmacist recommended it for wind, I’m not sure if he was targeting embarrassment or a sense of humour

Maybe he was trying to tell you something?  

• 1 month later...
On 12/29/2017 at 11:11 AM, speedtripler said:

Finally, a comprehensive guide that is summed up in one sentence

Use turmeric if you enjoy the taste — not for its health benefits.(because they're probably aren't any) :smile:

Was there any need to reproduce the full post just to quote that?

And it is there not they're.

• 2 weeks later...

Turmeric powder is the best home remedy to treat health problems either its cold or having constipation problem, it is the best thing. My grandmother takes turmeric in hot water to remove toxins from the body and she is super fit in the age of 78yrs. I also took turmeric powder for 2 months to clean my body acne and I am happy with it;s results. Than I started Lipo B Oral Injections to boost my fat metabolism and body detoxification.

On 12/31/2017 at 10:04 PM, Aforek said:

I take fish oil too, it seems to be very good for my happiness, but I have a question : can we take it every day all our life or after a while it's better to stop and start again; too much fish oil is not dangerous for the health ? 

It is dangerous for the health of the fish.   LOL

On 12/29/2017 at 11:11 AM, speedtripler said:

Finally, a comprehensive guide that is summed up in one sentence

Use turmeric if you enjoy the taste — not for its health benefits.(because they're probably aren't any) :smile:

I have to say that the article posted  hardly "debunked" anything. In fact it condescended to some of the  beneficial claims but inferred were of no genuine consequence.

If an alternative "works" for people in place of Big Pharma products then why not use them?

NSAIDs are are consumed literally by the ton around the world but few ever check about the very real dangers and damage they can and do cause. Ibuprofen in particular is cheap, effective,easily available but if taken habitually as many do is a very dangerous chemical !

I am lucky at this  stage of my life I have no reliance on any pharmaceutical with one exception for random  cluster headache episodes. For that one I do thank the creators despite it also have  some risk factors.

But with regard to the OP I see  no reason to scoff at the presentation of information in the form of a suggestion.

As I have already said why not? I would  give  it more credence than the idea of  drinking  my own urine which a number of people do. But having said that I once met a 89 year old Singaporean who extolled the virtues of that. Maybe it works because he was humping his way around the world like a horny teenager ! lol

• 1 month later...

Tumeric Curcumin in gel form is the most effective. The tabs sold at Macro are 250 times less powerful than suspended in gel.

I have been taking Tumeric for 15 years and it's all about absorption which leads to bio-availability. Don't forget Curcumin is only about 2/6% of the root.

If you like a drink (as I do) you should very seriously consider Curcumein in gel form and drink a minimum of 1.5 litres water a day.

Archived