"Most-hated German in Thailand" denied boarding Thai Airways flight to Laos

webfact

"Most-hated German in Thailand" denied boarding Thai Airways flight to Laos

21740695_1484736011610301_5301863354269645832_n.jpg

Facebook Benjamin Holst

A man once dubbed the "most hated German in Thailand" was denied boarding a Thai Airways flight on Tuesday after being blacklisted by Thai immigration.

Notorious beggar Benjamin Holst, who first hit the headlines in 2014, when he used his swollen leg to get money out of generous Thais who were sympathetic towards his plight.

Holst's story was shared among Thais on social media and he even featured on national television. He later received a 50,000 THB donation from an association which assists German nationals overseas.

However, rather than going back home, he travelled to Pattaya where he was photographed partying with bar girls on Walking Street.

He was later arrested by Pattaya police and deported.

Holst has then been photographed begging in Hong Kong, the Philippines, Indonesia and Singapore.

On Tuesday he tried to board a Thai Airways flight from Zurich to Laos, with a transit in Bangkok.

However, the airline refused to allow him to board, citing that he was blacklisted by Thai immigration.

21743001_1484740274943208_8620414636463549488_n.jpg

Facebook Benjamin Holst

According to his Facebook page, Holst then traveled from Zurich to Amsterdam and bought a new ticket for a KLM flight at Schiphol, where it is presumed he continued on his journey to Laos.

Look out for a story of Holst pulling his usual stunt in Laos in the coming days.

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-13

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't get the hate towards him on this forum. He's burnt his bridges in Asia through his absurd behavior and is paying the price for it. Still, I find the antics of Herr Holst rather amusing.

34 minutes ago, emanphoto said:

Obviously the guy has some kind of chronic mental condition.  Why else would allow themselves to be so hideously disfigured by something that is curable just to enable a traveling lifestyle?  

Ask any of the many beautiful women who marry fat old rich men.

From all that expansive time on the ground, in all those listed countries;

he certainly learnt all the ropes from the respective locals.....

but it is really no different to falangs riding motorcycle crazily like the locals.

Don't do what they do, and expect to get away with it - because 'you' are not a local

5 minutes ago, bendejo said:

Is the KLM flight transiting through Thailand?  He might get the turnaround treatment, the airline not only has to carry his ass back, they usually get a fine of a few thousand $$$.

Non Stop  Flight but if he would have fly with Thai then would have been in Bangkok 

Sorry but this lazy tic is a shame for any responsible thinking German or expat.

I live since 14 years in Thailand and love this country, but I am working hard to pay my bills here and not relying on the good heart of the Thai People feeding me through. 

This is just ridiculous and I plea to any country to bin him like a rotten potato.  

Archived