Move over Casanova - meet the Thai district chief who has 120 wives and 28 kids!

webfact

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A disturbing  example of the patronage/patriarchal society in action. It doesn't matter how nice he is, or whether it should he allowed to happen, it just shouldn't happen. 

And if the rich were not corrupt, and the downtrodden had the opportunity to break free of their economic,  and resulting outdated cultural shackles, it wouldn't happen. 

He provided them all with land and houses and taken care of their every need. What? 120 women and 28 kids? Unless he is a multi dollar millionaire, then sorry but I think this guy is a fantasist.

More like the myth is born. He likes them young and isn't going to be supporting some old bird without having children.

The others have long gone and found new "husbands".

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

20 hours ago, cyberfarang said:

He provided them all with land and houses and taken care of their every need. What? 120 women and 28 kids? Unless he is a multi dollar millionaire, then sorry but I think this guy is a fantasist.

at the very least his business is a bit suspect.  Marries ladies to get building contracts or some other things?  I doubt he could bear much scrutiny.  As far as having may ladies and kids, well, there is nothing illegal about that.  But I doubt Thailand lets one marry and register and legally recognizes so many wives.  Maybe polygamy is legal in Thailand but I doubt it.

12 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

What is the definition of a wife in Thailand? All legally registered?  I am pretty sure the basic tenets of buddhism don't support such arrangements.

Mia nois are very common. It's a bit like France or Italy.

Like CiberF says: If you have the money! .

I also wonder where the money comes from?

Archived