Smoky season Penang

overherebc

It tends to be from around July to October, possibly peaking in Sep/Oct. The haze of 2015 was particularly bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Southeast_Asian_haze

I was based in KL from 1997 to 1999 and well remember the lead up to the KL Commonwealth games of 1998. This was being held in September and, with the serious haze of 1997 (I recall that the sun was not visible for about a month in KL around Aug/Sep97) there were major health concerns for the competing athletes (just shows what consideration is given to the general public!!).

A lot of talk about sorting out the problem but, nothing changes. The irony being that the major cause of the haze is from clearing the land for palm oil plantations, with the main players being Malaysian companies who generally ignore any calls for stopping the practice. Too much money to be earned in Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia, so lip service is the end result of any public demands for action. 

15 hours ago, dabhand said:

It tends to be from around July to October, possibly peaking in Sep/Oct. The haze of 2015 was particularly bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2015_Southeast_Asian_haze

I was based in KL from 1997 to 1999 and well remember the lead up to the KL Commonwealth games of 1998. This was being held in September and, with the serious haze of 1997 (I recall that the sun was not visible for about a month in KL around Aug/Sep97) there were major health concerns for the competing athletes (just shows what consideration is given to the general public!!).

A lot of talk about sorting out the problem but, nothing changes. The irony being that the major cause of the haze is from clearing the land for palm oil plantations, with the main players being Malaysian companies who generally ignore any calls for stopping the practice. Too much money to be earned in Indonesia, Singapore and Malaysia, so lip service is the end result of any public demands for action. 

Thanks.

Will be one night for me end of Oct so looks like 50/50 at that time.