Cop Flop: 370 Bangkok traffic police failed road rule quiz, barred from ticket-writing

webfact

Cop Flop: 370 Bangkok traffic police failed road rule quiz, barred from ticket-writing

By Coconuts Bangkok

cf.jpg

BANGKOK: -- About ten percent of traffic police officers in Bangkok recently failed a test on road laws and have been banned from writing tickets until they improve.

Approximately 370 traffic officers, of the force’s 3,719, failed the 50-question test on Aug. 27, according to Metropolitan Police Bureau (MPB) deputy chief Jirapat Phumjit.

The questioned covered general Thai laws as well as road-specific knowledge on rulings such as the Land Transport and Motor Vehicle acts he said. The ones who missed questions, tended to do so on newer traffic legislation, reported Bangkok Post.

Full story: https://coconuts.co/bangkok/news/cop-flop-370-bangkok-traffic-police-failed-road-rule-quiz-barred-ticket-writing/

coconts_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Coconuts Bangkok 2017-09-14

As i have stated many times " Do the police actually know the road rules in Thailand themselves" Looks like i was right When they did the test they probably said better stop test or it will become a joke. Oh well they can concentrate on getting the Tea money They are good at that

24 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Great to know that we can be safe with well educated and knowable officers taking care of the traffic chaos.

Yep most of the time the cops cause the chaos Like one time an officer waved to me to come through and i nearly had a head on with another car he forgot to tell the other car to stop 

6 minutes ago, rosst said:

All the negative replies but at least they tested and surprise surprise, they told us the results? 

That at least is worth acknowledgement. 

Yeah i guess so Rosst But if were police commissioner and i had 370 police working for me who did not know the rules themselves i be a worried man A few heads would roll That is only the ones they told us about Maybe thousands more Who knows Plus it sends a message to the Thai Drivers who Break the rules  The guy booking you does not know the rules himself. If it was a comedy show it would be a great laugh but it is serious People die because they are not pulled up for the way they drive

Archived