Pattaya tourism booming as TAT rep announces cunning plan for more success in 2018 - get more "hi-end" women to come

webfact

Pattaya tourism booming as TAT rep announces cunning plan for more success in 2018 - get more "hi-end" women to come

21731208_1651960394824888_644250244525395016_n.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

A Pattaya tourism representative painted a rosy picture of tourism in Pattaya and the rest of Thailand at a meeting this week.

Then announced measures to ensure that figures would continue scale the heights.

One included a scheme to get more "hi-end" women to come to Pattaya.

Suladda Sarutilawan of the TAT Pattaya branch thinks that the resorts multi billion baht tourism industry can have its coffers swelled even more by encouraging female tourists to come and play golf, go to spas and do a spot of yachting.

Suladda was speaking at a meeting of the Pattaya Business and Tourism Association reported by Sophon Cable TV on Facebook.

She said that in 2016 there were 32.6 million visitors to Thailand.

The figure for Pattaya was 13.6 million visitors. She said they spent 200 billion baht.

But 2017 was headed to be even better than that.

In the first two quarters of this year she said tourists topped 8 million and they had already spent 110 billion baht. She said this represented 5% more visitors this year and revenue increases of a whopping 15%.

Sophon did not question the lady's mathematical calculations that on the face of it seemed a little inaccurate.

She said the eastern seaboard was the third most visited place in Thailand and hailed the kingdom as a whole as "Number 9 in the world for tourism".

Initiatives to keep the cash rolling in through 2018 were also announced with "hi-end" women being placed at the top of the agenda.

The "Amazing Lady Journey" plan will see women encouraged to come to Pattaya to stay in quality hotels, have spa treatments, go for rounds of golf, eat a lot and dabble in yachting.

Other plans for boosting tourism included promoting local foods under the eat@Chonburi initiative, encouraging seminars and meetings under the "MICE City" plan and promoting Pattaya as a place for trade and shopping.

Unusual for a report of this nature, no one mentioned Pattaya in terms of "Sin City" with any notion of promoting the resort's nightlife conspicuous by its absence.

Source: Sophon Cable

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-15

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, webfact said:

The "Amazing Lady Journey" plan will see women encouraged to come to Pattaya to stay in quality hotels, have spa treatments, go for rounds of golf, eat a lot and dabble in yachting

In the night time they can stroll down to the disco and recoup their daytime outlay 

Bare faced lies accompanied by figures plucked straight from thin air. Pattaya is as empty as I have ever seen it. If it such a booming time, why are so many bars and restaurants out of business and the others half empty?

I would challenge this dumb cow to provide a shred of evidence to substantiate her PR focused BS.

Right on cue.  Had the guy from the Pattaya hotel association speak about how numbers are down and the trend has been happening for a couple of years.  He actually made a lot of sense.  Now along comes TAT with their nonsensical rebuttal how tourism is scaling new heights and will continue to stretch the seams.  Just one more tourist.

riiiiiiiiight...

this is total nonsense, as every government "strategy" for Pattaya in the last years.

secret tip for the government: high end tourist families don't want to visit Pattaya's shitty beaches and shitty Koh Larn.

Pattaya's strengths are the bars, the gogos and the nightlife, and I would count coconut bar as a strength.

Pattaya is a destination for travelers who enjoy the filth and smut, and yes, there are some women among them.

A good recipe for success is to concentrate on strengths, not to kill strengths and advertize things which aren't there and wouldn't fit in the first place.

6 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Where do they find these people?

Hoteliers moaning about tourist numbers down, TAT folk spouting off the best year yet, next year with be even better.

it's simply not the same category of hoteliers.

the TAT folks marvel about how they managed to fill second or thrid rate concrete tower hotels with package tourists from China while hoteliers normally catering to Westerners can't get their hotels full. Chinese also don't spend much in bars, discos and girls.

There are tours for Chinese single male travelers, but these book group rates at coach restaurants and big massage joints. The regular bars and girls see nothing of that money.

The result is the girls and small businesses are starving while larger, organized business makes money. Recipe for disaster.

32 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

Bare faced lies accompanied by figures plucked straight from thin air. Pattaya is as empty as I have ever seen it. If it such a booming time, why are so many bars and restaurants out of business and the others half empty?

I would challenge this dumb cow to provide a shred of evidence to substantiate her PR focused BS.

Here's to hoping for a

quiet high season ;)

2 hours ago, webfact said:

But 2017 was headed to be even better than that.

In the first two quarters of this year she said tourists topped 8 million and they had already spent 110 billion baht. She said this represented 5% more visitors this year and revenue increases of a whopping 15%

I need to ask, how do they predict their figures?

And of course they do realize that one small explosive device in a mall, only smashing windows, but claimed by any group ends the predictions? Or any other numerous factors.

IMO, statistics are dependent on the reliability of the source and unless they reveal this it is only hot air. 

It is good to keep the seat position at TAT that is one thing but spell out projection is another this not add up on the numbers at all....look at figures statistically in tourism towards SEAsia .thailand becomes a fly by rather then a destination.

These figures are way out of place.

Seems like somebody sales and project on base hypo theroretically thesis.

Why not say the numbers on fly by towards bkk to Vietnam alone that would lead you that such fihures alone est. 5% misscalculations.

It is rather better to get a good speach then throwing nonsense of fig. Other do know how to calc.

21 minutes ago, superglue said:

It should be mandatory that all sexpats fulfill the primal desires of these women. 

LOS needs you - enlist today!

I see some of these "high end" women already in Pattaya bars, trying to touch the girls and paying the bar fines. The thing they seem to enjoy most is the girls touching them. Back home I get comments at home about "have I tried a ladyboy", and "how was my sex change". I am never believed when I say I go there to enjoy the booze and some good conversation.

My friends back home never ask about the western Fembots charged with ruining my nights out with their excessive drinking and bad behavior. Do we really want to attract more of these types of women, anywhere? I run a mile when approached by a western woman anywhere (even outside of Thailand) and certainly would be as unsettled as most of the ladies are to have to share my conversations with the ladies with some large, arrogant western woman who suddenly realise they are over the hill and now need to try new strategies to get the attention of anyone.

I see the high end ladies in Bangkok too, acting as cock-blockers to ensure their partners do not wise up to the fact that the grass is very often greener in a relationship with a Thai lady (at least initially). It is always refreshingly amusing when seeing western women in tears screaming and yelling, behaving like a child outside the nightlife because their cock-blocking approach failed in Bangkok, or because the Thai girl asked why they are so fat in Pattaya.

Yes, stick to the yachting. It is a day time activity. I am still at home playing music, entertaining friends and eating the best food the planet has to offer when the sun is up. Just keep them away from me. Let them come in the high season, make sure they are gone with the rain please.

7 minutes ago, TheGhostWithin said:

It is always refreshingly amusing when seeing western women in tears screaming and yelling, behaving like a child outside the nightlife because their cock-blocking approach failed in Bangkok, or because the Thai girl asked why they are so fat in Pattaya.

Thank you for that,  you just brightened up my day,  very funny :cheesy:

3 hours ago, webfact said:

come to Pattaya to stay in quality hotels, have spa treatments, go for rounds of golf, eat a lot and dabble in yachting

have your handbag snatched, your gold necklace ripped off, get raped/robbed by your driver, rent-a-boy with funny hair and a pout to dabble with and experience Thai drama, experience the priorities involved when dealing with the police who are so sorry that Pattaya's image was tarnished by your ordeals.

Whew! Women in general are more concerned with clean and tidy aspects than men, at least in my experience. If they want high end, or even medium end, women to come then they have to loosen grip on some of those millions they claim are coming in and clean the entire area up including the sea. But powers that be just don't understand that, oblivious to reality.

Archived