Pattaya tourism booming as TAT rep announces cunning plan for more success in 2018 - get more "hi-end" women to come

webfact

4 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

TAT would be better picking a different resort and trying to sell that to these "high end ladies". It will take investment and time to get it going but it would be possible.

Indeed. I've always been puzzled as to why Pattaya. There are hundreds of miles along the gulf coast without any development at all, that could have the "new Jerusalem" built from scratch. Just build a railway line to connect them to Bkk and build away.

Even Hua Hin/ Cha Am would be a better bet. They were never anything to ruin anyway.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

The big expensive hotels near the C M night bazzar are seeing loads of Chinese tour groups on big buses. None of them seem to be shopping around town though. Loi Kroh Rd is pretty dead.

Maybe, you should get out of the Loi Kro area ;-)

At Nimman, CenFes, Maya, etc., that's quite different...

... it's not for nothing that the malls, Watsons, Boots, even 7/11, accepts AliPay, so that they can pay with virtual money.

I got a taxi from the airport to Pattaya yesterday, the driver has been doing the run for 15 years, this year has been least busiest ever. 

She said yes it might be busy but its coach loads of Chinese and Indians who don't spend money in the restaurants or Bars.

2 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

I sometimes seriously wonder, if those publicly blaring such rubbish do actually believe it? The average spending of the first 8 million tourists this year apparently spend THB 13'750/average per person?

Somebody is on seriously good weed again - it seems! I live here for convenience reasons only; Pattaya is ugly, clogged by traffic, smelly and filthy. The sea is the biggest sewer in the area, Siam Country Road a pristine example of corruption and driving down Soi 6 or being completely ignored by all the sales staff in Central Dept Store gives you a pretty good picture of the average local. The command of foreign languages is declining and more often than not the hosts flip the birdy stink finger. All this after having queued for hours on the way in at Swampy or Don Meouaioing; latter gotten renamed for the sake of renaming .......... Priorities, priorities ! 

Can't say I have experienced any of that.

I had no problem driving from BKK to Pattaya and in Pattaya itself last weekend nor any problem in the shops or with communication generally.

At Swampy there was only one person in front of me at Passport control two weeks ago at 4:30pm - I admit this was unusual but I've never had to wait for more than 15-20 minutes usually and I fly in every month.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Where do they find these people?

Hoteliers moaning about tourist numbers down, TAT folk spouting off the best year yet, next year with be even better.

A lie told often enough, eventually becomes 'truth' in the minds of the masses. Government 101, day one. Most politicians don't bother showing for day two. Frankly, I've grown fond of the 'malleable universe model.'

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

Right on cue.  Had the guy from the Pattaya hotel association speak about how numbers are down and the trend has been happening for a couple of years.  He actually made a lot of sense.  Now along comes TAT with their nonsensical rebuttal how tourism is scaling new heights and will continue to stretch the seams.  Just one more tourist.

I'd suggest the 'trend' started fairly early on in 2014... Been trying to put my finger on (among other things) what would have made that particular year different from any other? A puzzler, for sure.

30 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

LOL. Not been in Pattaya long then?

It used to be a great place with barbeers along most of the frontage, but unfortunately most of them have been removed in the past years. It is now just a sad shadow of its past greatness.

"Brothel"??????

I guess you have never been in one if you think a barbeer in any way resembles a brothel.

BTW, when was the beach beautiful, in your opinion? Hasn't been such since the 1980s, IMO, at the latest.

I did say the beach was ONCE beautiful. How long do we need to go back to prove my point that it has been spoilt . . . 70's or 60's or even further back . . . either way, it's a damn shame.

And I did say VIRTUAL brothel, meaning, of course, that the multitude of beach-front bar-beers, for many people, is the first step to a visit to a brothel. The two attractions go hand in glove, I'm sure you'll agree

24 minutes ago, tryasimight said:

Can't say I have experienced any of that.

I had no problem driving from BKK to Pattaya and in Pattaya itself last weekend nor any problem in the shops or with communication generally.

At Swampy there was only one person in front of me at Passport control two weeks ago at 4:30pm - I admit this was unusual but I've never had to wait for more than 15-20 minutes usually and I fly in every month.

Guys I have only been here 5 months, can I ask someone to please shoot , hang, help me jump off a balcony, or some other means of death if I ever get as disgruntled with Thailand as the poster is..

1 minute ago, JRUSA said:

Guys I have only been here 5 months, can I ask someone to please shoot , hang, help me jump off a balcony, or some other means of death if I ever get as disgruntled with Thailand as the poster is..

Just rent a condo a few floors up .....you wish may come true sooner than you expect.

5 hours ago, manarak said:

it's simply not the same category of hoteliers.

the TAT folks marvel about how they managed to fill second or thrid rate concrete tower hotels with package tourists from China while hoteliers normally catering to Westerners can't get their hotels full. Chinese also don't spend much in bars, discos and girls.

There are tours for Chinese single male travelers, but these book group rates at coach restaurants and big massage joints. The regular bars and girls see nothing of that money.

The result is the girls and small businesses are starving while larger, organized business makes money. Recipe for disaster.

Totally agree. My girlfriend said she liked the idea of removing the sleazy side of Pattaya. I told her to be careful what you wish for as if these bigwigs have their way only the rich will get richer (High end hotels spas and restaurants) and there will be less opportunities for the Isaan ladies to make some hard earned cash. They will only able to get minimum wage work cleaning hotel rooms etc. All of these package deals are also done with brown envelopes to the tour agencies. Only taking their coaches to predetermined locations.

TV NEWS: 'Name that Cunning Pattaya Plan' . . . Friday pm's award-winning reality TV show, introduced by the equally cunning and ironically punning Ms Suladda Sarutilawan. Come on down . . . and name that plan!

How do they get these spending numbers, Pattaya businesses complain about 0(zero) spending Chinese group tours. Quantity of incoming visitors is up but they are spending virtually zero moneys, all is group arranged, no extra spending 

12 hours ago, webfact said:

get more "hi-end" women to come to Pattaya

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

High-end women love getting arrested when playing Bridge.

Also included in the expensive tour:

• Thai police stations
  • jails
  • court houses
  • deportation

They better focus on high-heeled-shoes women with all the sick buffaloes at their village of origin !!!

My friend (high-end) from Frankfurt went to Pattaya, 1 week planned. After 2 days he came back to Bangkok and he told me never ever to set one foot again in that loaded with Arabs and other heavily tattooed, without shirts, high quality tourists, walking down the streets having a can of beer in their hands. He'll be leaving today, getting a 10 day earlier flight back to civilization!

I was thinking about launching a t-shirt:

I survived Pattaya

• Balconies
  • Corruption
  • Jetski scams
  • Ladyboys
  • Quality tourists
  • Sea pollution
  • Walking street

7 hours ago, Thechook said:

Right on cue.  Had the guy from the Pattaya hotel association speak about how numbers are down and the trend has been happening for a couple of years.  He actually made a lot of sense.  Now along comes TAT with their nonsensical rebuttal how tourism is scaling new heights and will continue to stretch the seams.  Just one more tourist.

Yes , and in that earlier post from  about two days ago one poster asked how long it would be before some unnamed female tourism personage would be along with freshly imagined opposite figures. (Or words to that effect)  Well the answer was two days!!!   Brain pain.  Who to believe???

"Pattaya tourism booming......"

I was there briefly last month & noticed that the traffic was much, much less than before - the baht buses were actually moving along beach road rather than stationary.  Went to Took Lae Dee in Royal Garden Plaza to eat and was almost the only customer there.  Walking street has all but died:  I was shocked at the number of closed up premises and didn't even see the usual throngs of Chinese desperately "following the pennant".

Maybe they are referring to another Pattaya, or perhaps they meant boom-booming? 

Archived