BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamie2009

Prostate Removal v Radiotherapy for Prostate Cancer.

1 hour ago, medimusic said:
hHow Dave Healed Prostate Cancer with Natural Treatment without Surgery

ttps://youtu.be/PtnP3RzybH0

The most absurd and useless bunch of bullcrud I have ever seen.  

6 hours ago, tonray said:

The most absurd and useless bunch of bullcrud I have ever seen.  

Some strong views and maybe very correct, however I do keep a very open mind on alternative remedies, and there is an Australian berry that apparently cures all   !!

I had a gf a few years ago whilst living/working in Malta who had breast cancer, removal was recommended, she said no, it would be like losing one of my sisters, she went through various treatments, chemo being one not sure about Radiotherapy 

When I met her she was fine and swore that she was also helped by taking herbal remedies bought from a shop run by an Australian. After about 9 months she started having problems again and was diagnosed with Liver Cancer. She sent me straight too the shop for herbal tablets. She was given Chemo but past away after 6 weeks, not pleasant too see a very attractive woman go this way, she was a happy go lucky lovely lady.

I take Pomi-T an antioxidant, it is supposed to reduce your PSA Level, mine was over 7 3 years ago, never been above 3 since, so it might have done.

The upshot, I will be starting Radiotherapy in a few weeks on the PACE Trial run by the Royal Marsden Hospital in London, my treatment will be done locally.

The trial involves Radiotherapy which normally requires HRT before Radiotherapy begins.This Trial which has been running for 3 years involves higher doses of radiation over shorter periods, without HRT over one week and the other over 4 weeks. Your selected by randomisation. I have been randomised for the 1 week one although speaking too one of the team yesterday they are going to do it every other day due to the high doses of radiation I will be receiving, so gingers crossed.

Herbal stuff might work but for me you need too be taking it all your life from a very young age which might build up your immune system.

Had the radiotherapy at St Thomas's London nine years ago this month, no real side effects - bowels occasionally inconsistent that's all. Chose the radiotherapy as when push came to shove I did not fancy the knife.

16 minutes ago, rott said:

Had the radiotherapy at St Thomas's London nine years ago this month, no real side effects - bowels occasionally inconsistent that's all. Chose the radiotherapy as when push came to shove I did not fancy the knife.

I start on Friday with MRI and CT Scans, they put dots on my pelvis to guide the machine.

Radiograghy starts on the 26th, 5 treatments over 2 weeks.

On Monday, October 09, 2017 at 9:48 PM, jamie2009 said:

I start on Friday with MRI and CT Scans, they put dots on my pelvis to guide the machine.

I hope all goes well for you and I am sure it will. Medicine continues to make great strides and improvements not least in prostate cancer treatment.

1 minute ago, rott said:

I hope all goes well for you and I am sure it will. Medicine continues to make great strides and improvements not least in prostate cancer treatment.

Thanks, fingers crossed.

Posts advocating quack cures have been removed.

On 09/10/2017 at 9:48 PM, jamie2009 said:

Good luck and all the best to you Jamie........and remember to stay POSITIVE.

45 minutes ago, xylophone said:

Good luck and all the best to you Jamie........and remember to stay POSITIVE.

Thanks.

HI Jamie and others. I had a choice of prostate removal or radiotherapy. Because of the complications involved with prostate surgery i chose radiotherapy. Best choice i ever made . 45 treatments no ill effects and have been cancer free for 2 years

Not related to prostrate cancer, but may be informative to those with BPH.

30 minutes ago, nontabury said:

Not related to prostrate cancer, but may be informative to those with BPH

About 50% of us here...

Including the younguns who just have to wait for a little while...

On 10/9/2017 at 9:48 PM, jamie2009 said:

Markers + 5 sessions lead me to think that you've been given SBRT (cyberknife ?). Could you be kind enough to give some feedback?

I am asking because I have been diagnosed recently with one Gleason 6 lesion, and my plan is to go for AS, and run to Geneva or Lausanne for SRBT if things got worse.

One of my worries would be the long haul flight from Geneva to Bangkok just a few days after the last session. Would a catheter be useful, a 2 or 3 nights stop in Abu Dhabi, or both?

1 hour ago, KiChakayan said:

Markers + 5 sessions lead me to think that you've been given SBRT (cyberknife ?). Could you be kind enough to give some feedback?

I am asking because I have been diagnosed recently with one Gleason 6 lesion, and my plan is to go for AS, and run to Geneva or Lausanne for SRBT if things got worse.

One of my worries would be the long haul flight from Geneva to Bangkok just a few days after the last session. Would a catheter be useful, a 2 or 3 nights stop in Abu Dhabi, or both?

Why would you need a catheter fitted, a catheter is only fitted after prostate removal.

Why stop 2/3 nights in Abu Dhabi, I felt ok after my sessions ?

I have some side effects the worst one was Radiotherapy Cystitis, which kicked in 6 months after treatment,very painful but with watching what I eat, limited my intake of spicy food and  drink, definetly no caffeine drinks, no carbonated drinks, very limited amount of alcohol it has eased up. They recommend you drink litres of water a day but the more I did the more it irritated me took other variants of liquids.