Young Non Drinker

LostInLife

hello friends

im 19 and do not drink any alcohol i really do not like the stuff my partner of now 4 years was a heavy drinker and i managed to help him stop drinking as much,

now being 19 i have not been to a night club i have only been in one pub i spent my 18th birthday at the zoo t total, i dont celebrate new year with alcohol, im often invited out by friends and family and say no because they are drinking. but im now feeling like im missing something, i want to have a few wild nights where i can have a drink and maybe not remember the night just because i expect that is what others my age are doing.

i really hate the thought of all those toxins in my body frying my brain and liver, but how else do young people have a good time, i live oposit 2 pubs and there are 3 or 4 more round the corner

can i still damage my brain sells having the odd drink when out with friends or should i just keep tottaly away?

sorry if this is not a good subject just thought i would share my opinion :o

Well I suppose everything is okay in moderation, try it you might love it, but just take it easy, no need to go ott.

I would personally love to go out and not drink, but it always goes wrong and I end up having one too many. If you can have fun without drinking, dont drink.

This is a weird post, are you a troll?

Wow! You've been with your partner since you were 15? And he was a heavy drinker? I'm really surprised you were mature enough to cope with that. I'm nearly double your age and I found it very difficult to cope with.

Of course, it's up to you if you drink, but I don't think it's a good path to go down to want to go out and "drink and not remember the night". Sure, that happens to all of us sometimes, but it's not usually intentional. If you have a good time, wouldn't you want to remember it?

Maybe if you do decide to drink, alternate soft drinks with alcoholic ones. And take it easy... there's nothing fun about being sick in a gutter or having a killer hangover (I know! :o ) Wouldn't you consider going to a pub, but just drinking soft drinks, if you don't even like the taste of alcohol?

i dont drink, but i order a barcardi, its pretty good you should try one, also try a strawberry margarita those are great, i dont drink or smoke but when i do go out on weekends i do a little bit just to get a buzz, 1 or 2 drinks is fine but thats it for me.

For my two satangs.

If you are actually 19 and have never had an

alcoholic drink do not try Bacardi coke or any

other easy to drink thing. You will have a bad

experience.

Try a beer. You might not like the taste. That

will slow you down. You might have a problem

with the volume. That will slow you down.

With any luck you will have a good night and

get slightly mellow.

This "I don't remember last night" stuff can

be a very dangerous area.

Take care of yourself.

Please.

:o

hello friends

im 19 and do not drink any alcohol i really do not like the stuff my partner of now 4 years was a heavy drinker and i managed to help him stop drinking as much,

now being 19 i have not been to a night club i have only been in one pub i spent my 18th birthday at the zoo t total, i dont celebrate new year with alcohol, im often invited out by friends and family and say no because they are drinking. but im now feeling like im missing something, i want to have a few wild nights where i can have a drink and maybe not remember the night just because i expect that is what others my age are doing.

i really hate the thought of all those toxins in my body frying my brain and liver, but how else do young people have a good time, i live oposit 2 pubs and there are 3 or 4 more round the corner

can i still damage my brain sells having the odd drink when out with friends or should i just keep tottaly away?

sorry if this is not a good subject just thought i would share my opinion :o

Oh dear - drink until you cannot remember the night before?.

Hmmmmm...........Ladybird Book of maturity required as you ask the question instead of being disposed to be of this behaviour.

Listen - I had a drink prob : I have worked in a highly professional industry all my life, but a bloody hard drinking one.

I would never determine myself as being an alcoholic as when work needs / needed done I did not drink.

Boredom got me - a book and a bottle - fit rare eh?.

Took a few days to get sorted out physically a few more mentally, but I can never, ever remember having a hangover in my life, nor can I remember any lost nights or days.

(Although my behaviour has been somewhat frightening to others sometimes - especially those clowns in Nana who think it is o.k. to grope Ms C's body whilst walking after din din's).

Whoever you are - never go out with the intention of getting paralytic; Morgues and ICU's are full of you.

You won't know, but your family and friends will - a bit of consideration for them perhaps?.

Cheers,

Couthy.