Police again extorting foreigners that dont carry passport

atyclb

On 4/1/2019 at 12:20 PM, smutcakes said:

I never carry original or copy, never think about it, never been asked for it, never had a friend who has ever been asked for, and other than on TVF i dont think anyone i know of has ever been asked for one. Thats in 12 years. Screw carrying around my passport or even a copy for 12 years on the minuscule % chance that you might get stopped. I have a Thai drivers license in my wallet and i have no doubt a friendly smile, and a bit of politeness would see me fine, IF i was ever ever asked to produce it. 

So many drama queens on TVF, and i think straight up bullshitters. 

Exactly. Immigration can easily pull up your details on their computer based on your Thai driver's license. I saw this in action at the Un Ai Rak event in Bangkok just before New Years. Passport or Thai driver's license was fine.

• Replies 350
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Tomtomtom69 said:

Exactly. Immigration can easily pull up your details on their computer based on your Thai driver's license. I saw this in action at the Un Ai Rak event in Bangkok just before New Years. Passport or Thai driver's license was fine.

Yeah and they used my passport...on my phone...

On 4/7/2019 at 4:22 PM, Date Masamune said:

The wristband would be issued at point of entry and have a bar code or RFID tag coded with ID info and permit to stay. For example a temp visitor (tourist visa, visa exempt) could be issued say a yellow wristband. Nobody would expect somebody with a yellow wristband to be offering sex on Sukhumvit Road, spinning a record in a DJ booth, etc.

No more issues about identification or carrying passport and police could easier manage the movement of aliens and target wrongdoers for arrest.

These are the sort of ideas that start to seem normal if you go by the premise that all foreigners are either criminals on the run or waiting for an opportunity. Kobkarn floated this suggestion after the Koh Tao murders, and was widely lambasted at the time for obvious reasons. If anyone here did try bringing in such a rule, it'd kill off western tourism at a stroke (although it'd be practically unenforceable anyway). On the other hand, the Chinese probably wouldn't be bothered at all. 

• 1 month later...

They do this all the time.I was held for one week in a Thai hospital my passport took bank card taken was not left to leave samitivej hospital till I paid them over 5000e and also they would not let me leave the country with out an air medic which cost 6000 800e was also taken of me at surv airport and another 200e out of my pocket by immigration officers I have all reciepts here to prove it.I know I can't do nothing about it but let people know that this is a scam they pull on vulnerable tourist travelling alone and the people doing this crime or high class officials...becareful I had a terrible time in their custididy drugged in the hospital and beat by immigration officers.the whole experience has left me scared frightened to travel solo again it really affected me.how can they get away with this kind of thing it's horrible.never again would I travel there god luck to ye hope karma falls on all involved and hopefully ye took all my bad luck with my money ye stole....have a nice life 

1 hour ago, David12 said:

They do this all the time.I was held for one week in a Thai hospital my passport took bank card taken was not left to leave samitivej hospital till I paid them over 5000e and also they would not let me leave the country with out an air medic which cost 6000 800e was also taken of me at surv airport and another 200e out of my pocket by immigration officers I have all reciepts here to prove it.I know I can't do nothing about it but let people know that this is a scam they pull on vulnerable tourist travelling alone and the people doing this crime or high class officials...becareful I had a terrible time in their custididy drugged in the hospital and beat by immigration officers.the whole experience has left me scared frightened to travel solo again it really affected me.how can they get away with this kind of thing it's horrible.never again would I travel there god luck to ye hope karma falls on all involved and hopefully ye took all my bad luck with my money ye stole....have a nice life 

could you edit your post some more?

Apparently they've removed 'gullible' from the dictionary too.

Ummm... This seems to be a language I didn't learn in school. Google translate didn't help, either.  Perhaps more to the story here.

2 hours ago, David12 said:

god luck to ye hope karma falls on all involved and hopefully ye took all my bad luck with my money ye stole....have a nice life 

Oh don't worry dude .. The miserable souls who turned ye over will get their comeuppance .. This place is all about reincarnation and when justice prevails in the next life they'll come back as a fly and will have to feast on dog turds for their short existence .. That's why you see so many of the flies here .. 

The real question is if you are brought to the station how do you get your passport and are you detained until some somchai figures out how to clear things up.

I dont think paying a fine clears it if you choose to pay at the station they still need to check to see if your visa is valid and if your on overstay and who you are, correct?

I don't care if people believe this or not what I wrote it happened to me and it will happen again to some poor person that's the truth.I have all my  reciepts and memories of them sic people and as them turning in to flies in the next life na one day their kids will be travelling if they can afford it and bang haha they wanna hope they don't pick europe parasites did I spell that right smelly parasites.

The country pays for sex changes lady boys walking around in their packs my own fault for going to that sick dirty horrible place self destruction hahahaha 

1 hour ago, Justgrazing said:

Oh don't worry dude .. The miserable souls who turned ye over will get their comeuppance .. This place is all about reincarnation and when justice prevails in the next life they'll come back as a fly and will have to feast on dog turds for their short existence .. That's why you see so many of the flies here .. 

I won't worry dude serves me right any way shouldn't ov been in that sick dirty country in the first place horrible third world flea rotten corrupt evil place

2 hours ago, scoutman360 said:

Ummm... This seems to be a language I didn't learn in school. Google translate didn't help, either.  Perhaps more to the story he

go bk to school then who cares what you think of this article lb lover

You forgot the bit about being abducted by aliens.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

8 minutes ago, David12 said:

the Chinese women that got taken away during the day by officers and employees working in that airport and held for ransom by criminals.If she was not the wife of an important figure No1 would believe it either.hearing that story makes me feel a lot better

8 hours ago, David12 said:

I had a terrible time in their custididy drugged in the hospital and beat by immigration officers.the whole experience has left me scared frightened to travel solo again it really affected me.how can they get away with this kind of thing it's horrible.never again would I travel there god luck to ye hope karma falls on all involved and hopefully ye took all my bad luck with my money ye stole....have a nice life 

Quite plausible you got fleeced while in the hospital's custididy, but that's a story for a different thread. This one is specifically about police extorting foreigners for not carrying their passports in public.

4 hours ago, David12 said:

The country pays for sex changes lady boys walking around in their packs my own fault for going to that sick dirty horrible place self destruction hahahaha 

Ladyboys pay for their own surgery (though typically a farang will be the generous sponsor). The country is far more interested in paying for submarines and similar items, though they will happily sponsor a ladyboy through army training if they pass the entrance test.

5 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Quite plausible you got fleeced while in the hospital's custididy, but that's a story for a different thread. This one is specifically about police extorting foreigners for not carrying their passports in public.

Ladyboys pay for their own surgery (though typically a farang will be the generous sponsor). The country is far more interested in paying for submarines and similar items, though they will happily sponsor a ladyboy through army training if they pass the entrance test.

'custididy' perhaps the poster was thinking of Bo Diddley?

As for ladyboys passing 'the entrance' test' - I think that's quite apt.

7 minutes ago, bluesofa said:
5 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

'custididy' perhaps the poster was thinking of Bo Diddley?

As for ladyboys passing 'the entrance' test' - I think that's quite apt.

Is the entrance test whether a submarine will pass through after the surgery .. 

Archived