OYNB - One Year No Beer

bangkok blue

Hi All,

You may well have seen the reports on this programme on BBC recently. 

I have recently signed up for this 90 day challenge from OYNB - One Year No Beer. It chooses a more scientific, mindfulness, CBT approach to changing, stopping, or simply taking a break from our drinking habits and becoming able to achieve things that we previously could not. Don't be confused by the title of the group. The aim is to set a challenge and try to complete it. Watch the report to show how they assist in this.

Some of you might be dubious, as yes, there is a cost involved, but it provides access to daily coaching and psychology matarials and resources among many other useful tools.

I am aware there are members of OYNB, who have signed up to this and I would like to get a OYNB community going in Thailand, so we can have meet ups and do other activities.  

Of course there are other very helpful programmes for stopping drinking out there, such as AA, HAMS and SMART Recovery, but I am interested in this one, as it applies a much more simple and far less peer pressure type approach. 

Dependency drinking, or as some people might call it, alcoholism, IMO has evolved over time, especially in the new digital age we now live in. It is not a one size fits all solution to solving any difficulties caused by drinking. 

I just wanted to put this post out there, as I have not found other programmes a good fit for me and want to try this one. If any one else on here feels likewise, please do let me know via PM, or let's discuss here.

Please do note, I am not belittling any other group, rehab, or recovery programme out there by promoting this one. Just merely saying what I am doing and inviting others to join me. :)

Have a great day!

Archived