Is TVF exceptionally slow today?

thaibeachlovers

On 9/19/2017 at 10:05 AM, Pib said:

It was slow yesterday on Windows and Android app...but right now at 10am/Tuesday morning the Forum is super, super, super slow.    I'm on a 200Mb speed plan in Bangkok using Windows....takes like 30 or more seconds for a thread/post to open....when operating normally it only takes a second or two.  30 seconds is like eternity when staring at a screen.

However, if just going to the main thaivisa.com webpage it pulls up quick enough.  It's just the Forum that is super, super, super  s......l......o......w.

Yesterday I said super, super, super slow (3 supers).  Let me update it for today:  it's super, super, super, super slow (4 supers)....it's like watching grass grow.    

However over the last 24 hours there have been short periods when the Forum operated at normal speed...you didn't fall asleep waiting for a Forum thread/post to appear or respond.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

It was S. L. O. W yesterday today

S.      L.      O.      W.

Good job not paying for it would have been demanding a refund. Not to mention sacking a few people.

So when difficult technical issues arise you immediately start sacking a few people. Sounds like a line from the burger flippers management guide.

13 minutes ago, maxpower said:

So when difficult technical issues arise you immediately start sacking a few people. Sounds like a line from the burger flippers management guide.

Stop being childish for goodness sake this forum has been dogged with problems since its upgrade so yes i would be looking at the developers  and installers of the new upgrade. If my website was like this am i supposed to say oh well never mind cant be helped. So i lose a few advertising revenues and some customers but never mind. Or do i get onto the developers who upgraded my website who were paid to do it and say get it sorted or refund me and ill get another development company in.

3 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Stop being childish for goodness sake this forum has been dogged with problems since its upgrade so yes i would be looking at the developers  and installers of the new upgrade. If my website was like this am i supposed to say oh well never mind cant be helped. So i lose a few advertising revenues and some customers but never mind. Or do i get onto the developers who upgraded my website who were paid to do it and say get it sorted or refund me and ill get another development company in.

Yadda yadda yadda.

Lollolcat.jpg.4fe93a96ecefa2b9d039eccd0128a0fc.jpg

On 9/19/2017 at 2:08 PM, pgrahmm said:

Yes and the buttons will not respond (slow) or hit a button & the pages self scrolls to the bottom......Many times more than once.....Have to scroll to the top only to self scroll again - and again......

The adverts are at the bottom.

16 hours ago, roo860 said:

Mobile app keeps saying that I don't have permission to log in, anyone else having this problem? 

Have the same problem. Heard that they disabled most of the plugins for the forum, as they caused the performance issues... so we can do nothing but wait for those unbelievable slow tech workers to fix the problems.

And this is not the first time this happened, I think it is time for Thaivisa owners to look for another support company for their business...

16 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Blame Trump for everyting as usuall IOS not working again on Apple., another 6 months wait for Tappa nits to sort it no doubt, like last time.:post-4641-1156693976:

WS,

They have disabled the Tapatalk plugin on the forum (which regulates the iOS / Android App access), because they think that it causes the slowdown of the forum, but It's disabled and why is the forum still slow ????????

FYI, they are waiting for an updated plugin from the Vendor, but how long it will take ?? No Idea !

53 minutes ago, Ace of Pop said:

Just accept the Shows gone Tits Up, run by Mr Muddle, who gets the Page Nannies to spank anyone who posts the slightest bit O non English , then collects cash from Thai Language Adverts no one ever reads...:post-4641-1156693976:.Brilliant when it was started by Non P.C. Folk.

I just had a look and you are right about the Thai language ads . Never noticed before as I never read the ads regardless of language.  

I started getting frequent 502 Bad Gateway errors today (have got several over the last hour)...on AIS Fibre 200/50 here in Bangkok.    Before it was like once in a blue moon I would get such an gateway error to include during this "slowness" period TVF is experiencing.

So, now we have slowness and bad gateway issues....not sure that shows promising progress in fixing things. 

20 minutes ago, Pib said:

I started getting frequent 502 Bad Gateway errors today (have got several over the last hour)...on AIS Fibre 200/50 here in Bangkok.    Before it was like once in a blue moon I would get such an gateway error to include during this "slowness" period TVF is experiencing.

So, now we have slowness and bad gateway issues....not sure that shows promising progress in fixing things. 

Slow and bad gateway - same cocktail.

My guess is that the handler for some web application is misbehaving or being worked on and now you have many gateway errors.

Drawn out problems like these often stir those whose lives revolve around web forums. They become agitated and even aggressive.

2 hours ago, pgrahmm said:

Just got this trying to follow this thread - bad gateway.....

I agree.  It's getting worse, and now '502 - bad gateway' messages have started.....

Edit - what on earth is going on to cause these problems?  An explanation would be appreciated.

And apologies for changing pgrahmm's post - I tried to delete the large, empty space but somehow deleted everything other than the point of his post.  Hopefully pgrahmm won't mind.

3 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Just accept the Shows gone Tits Up, run by Mr Muddle, who gets the Page Nannies to spank anyone who posts the slightest bit O non English , then collects cash from Thai Language Adverts no one ever reads...:post-4641-1156693976:.Brilliant when it was started by Non P.C. Folk.

Many advert mismatches, but the only ones to blame for that are the advertisers.

3 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

But as someone owns this they can put anything they want on there pages and dictate what can and cant be posted. They whoever own it will want to turn a profit hence your not allowed to close your account as the more members they can show the more money they get. I only hope they are not selling the email addresses on.

But yes it certainly gone tits up at the momen. Its never been right since the upgrade.

Archived