Is TVF exceptionally slow today?

thaibeachlovers

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The ThaiVisa technical personnel are working directly with Invision to resolve the problems.

Plugins are being disabled and re-enabled in order to fault-find.

The version of php is also to be updated.

I'm sure that there are many other issues that the technical personnel are working on too, but that is all we are aware of at the moment.

Trust me... it is just as frustrating for the moderating team monitoring the Forum, but it is something that is neither within our circle of control nor sphere of influence.

3 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

It will clearly come as a shock to you to learn that some of us have personal problems that necessitate staying staying within our home....

A bit OTT the picture said life outside Thaivisa not life outside the home. Plenty of other distraction you could do im sure.

4 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

It will clearly come as a shock to you to learn that some of us have personal problems that necessitate staying staying within our home....

There are over one billion active web sites. Many are dedicated to the in home pastime of spanking the monkey. Just one idea.

2 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Did someone say difine normal. Well here is normal again

It was me, guv, honest.

I looged on around lunch time an cleared out just after 1pm as it was so slow and abysmal.

TBH if this was my wabsite the current fixers and developers would have been fired weeks ago and a new team brought in.

It may not be what the management want to hear but they obviously don't use the system and have no idea how frustrating it is to wait a minute or two just to change pages.

Moderators,

2 hours ago, Jai Dee said:

please note that there are a lot of unhappy campers out here.

Wow, I never expected 6 pages. I haven't time to read them all now, but I must have struck a nerve with a lot of people.

My computer is back to the "normal" for TVF, though "TVF normal" is very slow anyway.

Most of us know why, but can't say.

VERY frustrating, but when I posted the OP it was impossible to use.

A rant coming on.

I love the Thai Visa site, especially the forum (always start with something nice to say first).

But.

I would squarely point my fat little stubby finger at management. Everytime they push to  change something for the user's benifit, they really mean their benifit. Adds have definitely increased, and some times on my device the add obstructs the content.

So ignorant (in not fully knowing the concequences of their directives) management want something to change and they push it on the IT department, who can't really say NO, but have to implement the change in 'a timely manner'.

Instead of the IT department having a complete system for testing, they come up with their best efforts to modify a database, and databases are so tricky, and everything gets stuffed up.

Same thing happend last time with the big upgrade.

Suggestion: have a similar system set up that can be used for testing only, set up a real world system that is used to test any system upgrades.

Please don't respond and say that it's nothing to do with management, as the culture of an organisation starts at the top. 

Hope TV sorts the problem soon. ?

Very slow yet again this lunchtime.

I took nearly a minute to open this thread and about the same to go to the last page.

What IS the problem or is it the same old same old excuse yet again.

They are working on it to improve it.

It seems to me that the more that they work onit the worse it gets.

Archived