Is TVF exceptionally slow today?

thaibeachlovers

Generally ok now,although i've stopped using it in the evening because of that error @9.30pm

But its taken long enough and also it must made to be functional otherwise you wouldn't  see the adverts that are there, or so  i am lead to believe.

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

TVF performance sadly reverted to ABYSSMAL. It's now more than clear that some major element in the system isn't up-to-task. I feel that TV has demonstrated a lack of respect to its many users - the marketplace of the now heavy advertising sponsorship - by failing to properly address this performance issue that has dogged the system for over 2 months, now.

We're used to little happening at Govt House . . . it would be sad if TVF took the same ineffective path.

1 hour ago, Ossy said:

TVF performance sadly reverted to ABYSSMAL. It's now more than clear that some major element in the system isn't up-to-task. I feel that TV has demonstrated a lack of respect to its many users - the marketplace of the now heavy advertising sponsorship - by failing to properly address this performance issue that has dogged the system for over 2 months, now.

We're used to little happening at Govt House . . . it would be sad if TVF took the same ineffective path.

It seems we are having very different experiences...

I have an old desktop with W10, basic 3BB Net connection with the latest Firefox. I have many security and cleaning aids which l use every day installed.

With all honesty TVF has been whizzing along for quite a while now with no hang ups, so if l have no problems there must be a reason why some are which now maybe nothing to do with TVF. If I do I will say so here...:stoner:

4 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Sometime between 9 and 10 last night I couldn’t get access but after was okay and right now is fast .

This happens EVERY day during that time, and again EVERY day between 1 and 1.30am that it goes offline for at least 30 minutes.

With the dreaded cloudflare screen if you wait long enough.

1 hour ago, transam said:
1 hour ago, faraday said:

9:20 pm the site remains inaccessible.

Up here in the boonies no ploblem and I have been fluffing around on here for a while this morning..

Maybe in the boonies they use different time zones, but here pm is night time

• 3 weeks later...

Forum speed reverted to its worst of 6 to 8 weeks ago, at a guess. There has to be a reason. Is there exceptionally heavy traffic on site, today or something? I'm hoping that the TV PTB have clubbed up for a bigger, better, faster and more obscenity-proof system for the New Year.

6 hours ago, Ossy said:

Forum speed reverted to its worst of 6 to 8 weeks ago, at a guess. There has to be a reason. Is there exceptionally heavy traffic on site, today or something? I'm hoping that the TV PTB have clubbed up for a bigger, better, faster and more obscenity-proof system for the New Year.

It was OK for me at lunchtime and it seems OK at 10.30pm this evening.

Thanks, guys. Not for the first time, I have to start doubting the integrity of my system which, although indicating 'excellent' signal strength and better than average speed (well, that's what the 3BB man says!), can be sluggish on some sites, TalkSport, for example. Strange thing is, on other sites, such as Amazon (for my Xmas shopping), it is lightning fast.

My PC housekeeping is pretty tidy, too, so I'm left scratching my head.

T-V forum perf just OK at present, though :smile:

You have to keep in mind that your 3BB connection speed test gives you an indication of the performance of your connection to their node somewhere in Thailand. When you connect to sites all over the world you depend on many highly variable factors; even two consecutive IP packets may follow differents routes. I remember my colleague tracing packets between Nairobi and our office in Geneva, finding out that they they were transiting through North American routers... So you can imagine why response times may be inconsistent. 

Archived