6.5 million yaba pills, 10kg of ‘ice’ seized in two raids

snoop1130

6.5 million yaba pills, 10kg of ‘ice’ seized in two raids

By Jessada Chantharak 
The Nation

4748748e831dda4ec79f0ab2d0a0216a.jpeg

Ten drug-dealing suspects have been arrested in recent raids along with more than 6.5 million yaba pills and 10 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine or “ice” with a street value of Bt1.3 billion, Deputy National Police Commissioner Pol General Chalermkiat Srivorakan said on Monday.

He told a press conference in Bangkok that officers had so far this fiscal year confiscated 100 million yaba pills and more than 4,000 kilograms of “ice” worth Bt7.6 billion.

Chalermkiat said Narcotics Suppression Bureau (NSB) officers had arrested five Hmong suspects in Chiang Rai on Saturday while they were allegedly transporting 6,392,000 yaba pills from Chiang Rai to Ayutthaya in a 10-wheel truck.

In another case, NSB officers on Monday morning arrested four suspects at a checkpoint on Phetchkasem Higheway in Chumphon’s Tha Sae district while they were transport 10 kilograms of “ice” and 200,000 yaba pills from Chiang Mai to a customer in Songkhla’s Hat Yai district. 

The suspects reportedly told police they were hired for Bt1 million to transport drugs.

In a third case, police arrested Charles Ndubuisi Umemma, a 34-year-old Nigerian national, who was wanted on a court-ordered arrest warrant. Umemma, who was apprehended in Bangkok’s Bang Kapi district on Saturday, faces charges of obtaining and possessing “ice” with intent to sell and send to Australia. Police had found that he tried to send 120 grams of “ice” to Sydney.

Chalermkiat said that from October 1, last year, until September 15, this year, NSB officers had seized 100,200,829 yaba pills and 4,342 kilograms of “ice” – more than the 28,838,422 yaba pills and 632.72 kilograms of “ice” confiscated in the previous fiscal year. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30327055

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-9-18

A simple question.

Just how difficult could it be for the Thai police and military assigned to these operations, to surreptitiously follow these suspects until they reach their final destination?

Can they not do covert operations using unmarked vehicles and plain clothes officers that are not obviously cops or soldiers?

5 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

A simple question.

Just how difficult could it be for the Thai police and military assigned to these operations, to surreptitiously follow these suspects until they reach their final destination?

Can they not do covert operations using unmarked vehicles and plain clothes officers that are not obviously cops or soldiers?

Exactly, this is why the the next post would appear to have been made by a muppet. (A 'I want to post something in every topic' muppet regardless of whether it makes sense or not).

7 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

yabba dabba doo that is a lot of drugs.

Execute everyone involved.

Next case.

4 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

A simple question.

Or just slap a magnetic GPS tracker on it and follow from distance. Ridiculous. I mean they are losing out big time if the terms are C.O.D

That busy may put the price up....and encourage more people to set up as dealers...The idiocy of the war on drugs. Since William Borroughs wrote ' The Naked Lunch in the 60s the stupid campaign against drugs has just escalated their use, corrupted the police, bought the law into disrepute, funded mafia operations and done more damage to individuals, families, communities and society than actual drug use.

7 hours ago, ratcatcher said:

A simple question.

Well let's see . . . The police had Yingluck's house staked out and she drove right out of the place . . . !

I'd say pretty damn difficult for these meatheads!

4 hours ago, TheLobster said:

Exactly, this is why the the next post would appear to have been made by a muppet. (A 'I want to post something in every topic' muppet regardless of whether it makes sense or not).

my post is clear, people who sell yaba and meth should be put to death.

and it is not nice to call people names, so please don't do it.

Let's see:

So far this fiscal year, over 100 million yaba pills and more than 4,000 kilograms of “ice” worth Bt7.6 billion has been confiscated (up nearly 3 fold on the previous year) along with some suppliers/mules.

I'd say that is pretty good going by those involved. Keep it up.

On 9/18/2017 at 7:41 PM, ratcatcher said:

A simple question.

22 hours ago, TheLobster said:

22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

yabba dabba doo that is a lot of drugs.

Execute everyone involved.

Next case.

17 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

my post is clear, people who sell yaba and meth should be put to death.

and it is not nice to call people names, so please don't do it.

I agree it is not nice to call people names, but the post is correct, you do want to post on almost every new topic and contribute 'something' 'early on'. Possibly to get more 'likes'.

As per the original post the guys caught aren't the main operators and the army/police should be following the money.

1 hour ago, TheLobster said:

I agree it is not nice to call people names, but the post is correct, you do want to post on almost every new topic and contribute 'something' 'early on'. Possibly to get more 'likes'.

As per the original post the guys caught aren't the main operators and the army/police should be following the money.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/prince-william-drugs-legalised-legalisation-war-on-drugs-duke-of-cambridge-asks-addicts-illegal-a7955821.html

except for watching a few episodes of Breaking Bad, I don't know much about drug manufacturing.  But I would think the raw ingredients are a little unusual and could be more readily tracked and investigated when some company or person orders ten tons of chemical x or chemical y?  Or maybe the ingredients are very very common?  But even if common, just the bulk amounts being ordered or shipped could be or are known?

22 hours ago, The manic said:
On 9/19/2017 at 11:37 PM, TheLobster said:

/prince-william-drugs-legalised-legalisation-war-on-drugs-duke-of-cambridge-asks-addicts-illegal-a7955821.html

Completely irrelevant post by The manic?

On 19/09/2017 at 1:55 AM, eliotness said:

If that amount is being seized by the police then just how much is getting through ?  There must be a large industrial operation somewhere producing these drugs, or is it hundreds of backstreet garages ?

It's gotta be a proper front in like a chemical factory like that show its got to be a massive industrial scale job made to look like an ordinary factory. Hundreds and thousands to choose from and not many oeopke on these sites. 

Thailand police arrest 34-year-old Nigerian drug dealer

By Nsikak Nseyen

drug1.jpg

Thailand security operatives have arrested a Nigerian man, Charles Ndubuisi Umemma for obtaining and possessing narcotic called “ice” with intent to sell and send to Australia.

The 34-year-old suspect was arrested during a raid in Bangkok’s Bang Kapi district on Saturday September 16.

According to NationMultimedia, Police Commissioner, General Chalermkiat Srivorakan claimed they found out Charles tried to send 120 grams of “ice” to Sydney.

Full story: http://dailypost.ng/2017/09/22/thailand-police-arrest-34-year-old-nigerian-drug-dealer/

Daily Post: 2017-09-23

On 9/19/2017 at 1:34 AM, TheLobster said:

His post makes perfect sense.  All drug dealers should be executed.  A covert op to find their destination is a good idea as well...

32 minutes ago, kaorop said:

its laughable to think one nigerian is the only one involved.....
and yet we have some here applauding it, i mean really such ignorance is beyond my comprehension

Ah, but is he an Igbo?

Original Daily Post article comments: sample -

20728390_294208361051643_589624807162085

Yayaman Bagishe
Three things are constant in this world. Death, tax and Igbos trafficking drugs. Igbos are just morally ill.

Ha! Seems we aren't the only ones stereotyping.

6 minutes ago, nausea said:

Ah, but is he an Igbo?

Original Daily Post article comments: sample -

20728390_294208361051643_589624807162085

Yayaman Bagishe
Three things are constant in this world. Death, tax and Igbos trafficking drugs. Igbos are just morally ill.

Ha! Seems we aren't the only ones stereotyping.

Why would it matter? http://forward.com/news/331188/meet-the-igbo-nigerias-lost-jewish-tribe/

1 hour ago, daboyz1 said:

Large numbers. Considering they only interdict a small percentage, makes me think this is a pretty large problem. 

USA only gets aprx. 10% of what comes through just the San Yasidro border crossing into San Diego.

Archived