6.5 million yaba pills, 10kg of ‘ice’ seized in two raids

snoop1130

On 20/09/2017 at 2:12 AM, gk10002000 said:

except for watching a few episodes of Breaking Bad, I don't know much about drug manufacturing.  But I would think the raw ingredients are a little unusual and could be more readily tracked and investigated when some company or person orders ten tons of chemical x or chemical y?  Or maybe the ingredients are very very common?  But even if common, just the bulk amounts being ordered or shipped could be or are known?

Ice P. Meth Ya ba etc.The Chinese make the precursor chemical by the ton and sell it to anyone.  Anyone.  They dont care. A tiny percentage is used to make legitimate cold remedies. There are apparently lots of factories in every poor asian country that it seems do not even try to hide what they make.  They just "manufacture pharmaceuticals."  No one cares. It is just a job. Most of it here seems to come from Burma made from Chinese feedstock. It comes across the border and a (probably small) percentage of it is found in transit to local and other markets over our numerous borders and thence on to the rest of the world.  It is a nasty drug used by many Thais innocently to keep awake to work or drive for long hours.  It's downside is an addiction much worse in its effect than Opium etc.  "Ya ba" means crazy medicine. Well named.  It is a curse.

5 hours ago, kaorop said:

its laughable to think one nigerian is the only one involved.....
and yet we have some here applauding it, i mean really such ignorance is beyond my comprehension

Where does the article say he was the only one involved?   What a broken record.  Every time an arrest is made, it's always this same tired chant.   Is there some universal law that states an individual is innocent unless the entire network or the whole cartel is arrested, too?   It's just a guess, but I'd think the bosses go to great lengths to keep their identities and specific activities concealed from the mere distributors as much as possible.  So this guy may be a "little fish" to your way of thinking, but he's hardly an innocent bystander.     It would of course incite the bleeding hearts to riot if this guy were subjected to any sort of "coercive questioning" to find out who else is involved, so what is it exactly that you'd like to see happen to this guy?  Just let him go because he's not the jefe?

Just once I would like to read that they found and shut down manufacturing operations for these drugs. If most are coming across the border from Myanmar then it’s likely Thai officials are complicit. This will go on and on until the problem is eradicated at its source. 

2 hours ago, Searat7 said:

Just once I would like to read that they found and shut down manufacturing operations for these drugs. If most are coming across the border from Myanmar then it’s likely Thai officials are complicit. This will go on and on until the problem is eradicated at its source. 

The source will ever be one place or country or person. That's why it'll never cease. 

2 hours ago, hawker9000 said:

Where does the article say he was the only one involved?   What a broken record.  Every time an arrest is made, it's always this same tired chant.   Is there some universal law that states an individual is innocent unless the entire network or the whole cartel is arrested, too?   It's just a guess, but I'd think the bosses go to great lengths to keep their identities and specific activities concealed from the mere distributors as much as possible.  So this guy may be a "little fish" to your way of thinking, but he's hardly an innocent bystander.     It would of course incite the bleeding hearts to riot if this guy were subjected to any sort of "coercive questioning" to find out who else is involved, so what is it exactly that you'd like to see happen to this guy?  Just let him go because he's not the jefe?

whats you point? just trying to one up me?

where did i say any of the things you THINK i said

dont bother replying i wont read it because you simply dont make interesting debate or even a marginally intelligent one.

19 hours ago, kaorop said:

its laughable to think one nigerian is the only one involved.....
and yet we have some here applauding it, i mean really such ignorance is beyond my comprehension

He wasn't.  This was in the Australian media also and was a part of an Australian Federal Police operation where two were arrested in Australia.  Federal police contacted the Thai police about others involved but apparently the Thai Police only got one of them.

Archived