What a tip! More beach trash in Pattaya as hoteliers slam council

webfact

On ‎9‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 3:44 PM, diddygq said:

This is getting out of hand, not only in Pattaya but so many beautiful spots devastated by this crap.  

On a side note, my mother and sister are coming here and I plan to take them to one of the islands/beaches.  Does anybody know a beach that is still intact, still beautiful like they were a decade or two ago?

Most beaches in LOS get rubbish build up in low season, as there aren't usually enough customers to make it worthwhile cleaning up.

In high season the hotels/ resorts usually sent one of the staff to rake it up and bury it.

The only nice beaches not ruined or in the process of being ruined are the national parks, but that does NOT include Samet, which is a rubbish tip, despite having to pay park fees. If you book far enough ahead, most national parks have accommodation available.

The nearest you will find are small beaches on the islands down south. The beaches on northern Phangan were my favourite, though the west coast of Lanta has very beautiful beaches. The rough seas keep the longtails away, which is a big help for an enjoyable holiday.

At all costs avoid Koh Tao, Phi Phi and party beaches like Had Rin and Patong.

Every beach should be on google images, so you can check them out, and then inquire on the travel forum for up to date opinion.

Archived