Beefy monk wows internet - sparks debate about obese and sick clergy

snoop1130

2 hours ago, catman20 said:

nice steroids dead at 50

I'll bet somebody who confirms steroids from just those photos and no idea about his personal history with diet and training or his actual body composition is a puggy lazy loser otherwise you'd know well that that kind of build (just glancing at the photo) is easily achieved naturally. 

With that said even if he did take steroids he'd have a longer life expectancy than somebody like you holding excess visceral fat in that bloated saggy gut.

12 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Steroids and amulets make a great tag team. The new wave Buddhism.... expect more of it.

Anybody not looking weak and fat like you must clearly be cheating.....right.....

4 hours ago, Thaiwrath said:

Can I be the first to suggest they have  probably played a part, although, probably not donated by the laity ? :coffee1:

How probable and based on what evidence exactly? 

2 hours ago, dinsdale said:

Looks like they can add steroid abuse to the list.

Here's a guy who not  only doesn't take steroids, he doesn't even eat meat, dairy or eggs. Wrap your head around that genuis. Just because you're too lazy to spend 30 minutes out of every day taking care of your body and eating properly doesn't automatically mean everybody who looks good is on steroids. It's pathetic. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, robblok said:

Yes you can suggest it but something like his body is obtainable without steroids. Just a lot of hard work, but its easier to say steroids because that would diminish his effort in your eyes and make you feel better about not doing anything about your shape yourself. 

Of course you need a few good genes too.. not everyone gains muscles at the same rate. 

Time for you to support your claim by posting a selfie, robblok ... with or without the orange robes, no worries. :tongue:

5 minutes ago, Yann55 said:

Time for you to support your claim by posting a selfie, robblok ... with or without the orange robes, no worries. :tongue:

Not sure I am as beefy as him.. close probably its hard to guess as a bit of lighting can make a huge difference in how you look on a picture. 

Just get tired of the posters here that call for steroids every time someone looks in shape. That is probably because they look so bad themselves and don't do a thing about it.  I workout hard 4 days a week, I take care of my food and control what I eat. It takes effort, but I will never be the fat slob I was before i started. 

Its all about what kind of priorities people have in life. We all got 24 hours and how we spend it depends on our priorities.. its fine if others think drinking in a bar and gorging themselves on food is a priority but to demean someone else his performance without any proof at all is just nasty because deep inside they feel unhappy how they look.

13 hours ago, sensei said:

Here's a man who has found the whey.

Guess it´s not only the right whey, he have found. Nobody develops that kind of 50% already deffed muscle mass only on natural ingredients.

Why would the public be responsible for what the monks eat? They are supposed to be more clever and read in about how to live a good life and take care of themselfs and others.
Since when is it okey for a person in the public to give a monk advice about how to live his life? I can smell a lot of rubbish here.

The monkhood would be perfectly fit to handle the situation if they cared. The beefy monk should be disrobed for intake of illegal substances.
After that everything will be "hunky" dory.

9 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Guess it´s not only the right whey, he have found. Nobody develops that kind of 50% already deffed muscle mass only on natural ingredients.

Why would the public be responsible for what the monks eat? They are supposed to be more clever and read in about how to live a good life and take care of themselfs and others.
Since when is it okey for a person in the public to give a monk advice about how to live his life? I can smell a lot of rubbish here.

The monkhood would be perfectly fit to handle the situation if they cared. The beefy monk should be disrobed for intake of illegal substances.

An other, this can be done naturally, not for everyone you need some good genes too but this is not overly big. A few years of hard training and the right food and this can be done. Most people yelling steroids have absolutely no idea about bodybuilding or what is possible and what is not. They only look at their own body and think.. wow... that guy cant be real because otherwise i would look real bad. 

15 minutes ago, Get Real said:

As Jeff Cavaliere says in the video I posted above "it comes from your own insecurity about your ability to achieve something so what you do is you go and try to bring everybody else down to your level, back to the pack" 

29 minutes ago, Yann55 said:

Wow, experts in sports, physiology, AND psychiatry. Well I can't claim such lofty credentials, but I've seen a lot of hard working weight trainers both on and off steroids, and he looks like a user. 

20 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Wow, experts in sports, physiology, AND psychiatry. Well I can't claim such lofty credentials, but I've seen a lot of hard working weight trainers both on and off steroids, and he looks like a user. 

Looks like... sounds like definite proof. I have worked years hard and seen many people and in my book how this guy looks he can achieve it naturally. I have seen people on and off steroids too but to get to his level you don't need steroids.. you could use it to get there faster. But there is absolutely no proof. So how many years of bodybuilding experience do you have ?

I seen people stay the same for years... because they trained wrong.. seen people grow fast because they trained right.. had the right diet and had some luck in the gene department...  If you are talking pro bodybuilders.. i accept that they use steroids they are just too big but this.. can be done. 

58 minutes ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Steroids are not part of meditation, nor are they part of Buddhism. He is not doing it for health, which he will ruin using steroids, he is doing it for his ego, contrary to Buddhism. He is a bad role model. He will die by the time he's 50 from steroid use

You claim not to have lofty credentials.. but you seem to be clairvoyant and you seem to know he uses steroids.. two unproven claims. 

1 hour ago, Grinder said:

I'll bet somebody who confirms steroids from just those photos and no idea about his personal history with diet and training or his actual body composition is a puggy lazy loser otherwise you'd know well that that kind of build (just glancing at the photo) is easily achieved naturally. 

With that said even if he did take steroids he'd have a longer life expectancy than somebody like you holding excess visceral fat in that bloated saggy gut.

Anybody not looking weak and fat like you must clearly be cheating.....right.....

Here's a guy who not  only doesn't take steroids, he doesn't even eat meat, dairy or eggs. Wrap your head around that genuis. Just because you're too lazy to spend 30 minutes out of every day taking care of your body and eating properly doesn't automatically mean everybody who looks good is on steroids. It's pathetic. 

good point to start with but your well wrong with some of your points  ive been lifting weights for 25 years regularly and i agree with the right diet training ,age and genetics it is possible to achieve a body like in the last picture, the monk look like he has a lot of water retention in his mussels and as for life expectancy google WWE wrestlers and see how many of them have died between the ages of 25 to 55. dont be fooled that everyone on TV is old over weight fat and out of shape my friend:post-4641-1156693976:

When I donate I like to give mainly fruit and home cooked food.

I bet the monks make themselves scarce when they spot you!

BTW, that video of the vegan Natty is not a million miles away from my own body appearance right now, having followed a primarily vegetarian diet since February, plus daily cycling, jogging and gym work.  

The only thing that is different is that Natty lacks my good looks:smile:

2 hours ago, robblok said:

An other, this can be done naturally, not for everyone you need some good genes too but this is not overly big. A few years of hard training and the right food and this can be done. Most people yelling steroids have absolutely no idea about bodybuilding or what is possible and what is not. They only look at their own body and think.. wow... that guy cant be real because otherwise i would look real bad. 

Yeah, right! I guess you already know how much bull you just spead on the net. :cheesy:

I have been working out for 25 years. Just guess my genes must be in a terribly bad quality. :cheesy:

Thanks for making me laugh anyway. I might at least live longer. :clap2:

4 hours ago, robblok said:

Yes you can suggest it but something like his body is obtainable without steroids. Just a lot of hard work, but its easier to say steroids because that would diminish his effort in your eyes and make you feel better about not doing anything about your shape yourself. 

Of course you need a few good genes too.. not everyone gains muscles at the same rate. 

Oh yeah! Trying hard to convince another one, I can see.

26 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Yeah, right! I guess you already know how much bull you just spead on the net. :cheesy:

I have been working out for 25 years. Just guess my genes must be in a terribly bad quality. :cheesy:

Thanks for making me laugh anyway. I might at least live longer. :clap2:

If you say so.. besides his traps he does not look that big to me. But i need better pics to judge. I have seen naturals like this I have seen users like this.. 

Your genes and your program might be lacking or your diet.. many things could go wrong. Still he is what I would consider about the max what one can be without steroids. But to say he is using without proof... 

Forest monks eat one meal a day only from the food that they collect on alms rounds.  So, at least for the forest monks, this limits their choices of food to that which they receive.  

The vast majority of monks who don't apply such a strict interpretation to the Vinaya might simply go to 7-11 and buy their own meals.  Many of the monks you see on the street are novice monks who are only follow 8 percepts such as not eating after 12 noon.   
So my guess is that the Monk Hunk probably is a novice monk who can find his own nutrition and supplements to keep him bulked.  Senior monks who are following their 227 vows are in a different boat, and their food is pretty much limited to what they are offered while doing alms rounds (well, in theory, which may be different than in practice).
But it is a good idea for the laity to help the monks by providing food with decent nutritional content.  

5 hours ago, Grinder said:

BS BS I call BS... yay.

lmao.... everything you claim is as assumptive as the claims you decry

you start with an assumptive claim about a poster, based on a post ?, vs a posters (arguably... it was also suggestive) assumptive post, based on a picture.... hey... ever heard that comment about a picture being worth a thousand words? 

paragraph two was verging on a hateful tirade, based on an assumption regards the Cat .... be cool

oops... paragraph three sees more of paragraph two.... be cool!

anyway... let's jump to the bottom, that appears safest..... No freaking way is this guy's body the result of thirty minutes a day... no way...BS! And nor is it easily achieved!

19 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Beefy monk wows internet - sparks debate about obese and sick clergy

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GO2gg3lnuthuj70VKN.jpg

Pictures of a hunky body building monk were posted online along with comments to encourage the clergy to eat better and get fit.

The unnamed monk looked like he had exchanged chanting for pumping iron though no one was suggesting the laity had slipped him some steroids in his morning alms bowl.

A commentary on the "Piak Rider and Drama Addict" page online said that no one expected other monks to be so well developed beneath the robes.

But something needs to be done to encourage the clergy to take better care of themselves. 

A medical survey found recently that the monkhood suffers greatly from diabetes, obesity, high fat levels in the blood and kidney disease.

The post also called on the public who provide their food to think about healthier options. Alms givers gave the monks too many sweets, too much fat laden food and too much salt in their diet.

The public need to play their part too and encourage the porky Phras to indulge in more venerable veg.

Source: https://www.thairath.co.th/content/1074519

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-9-19

No truer words spoken, KOTO sees people loading them up with unhealthy food for the most part, make it less, make it healthy...:)

7 hours ago, Grinder said:

Can't quite work out whether you are the organ Grinder or his assistant. But I think I know.

download.jpg

Archived