Beefy monk wows internet - sparks debate about obese and sick clergy

snoop1130

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

anyway... let's jump to the bottom, that appears safest..... No freaking way is this guy's body the result of thirty minutes a day... no way...BS! And nor is it easily achieved!

Oh how wrong you are :)

I'm heading towards 59 years old.  I go to the gym about 3 times a week.  I do a little abs and arm work.  I cycle (slowly) about 15 Km a day (to/from work).  I eat a very healthy and balanced diet (mainly veg but also with some lean chicken).

I started this regime in February this year.

My abs are very similar to that guy Natty. I weigh 62 Kg.

The most (IMHO) important action I took to make my abs stand out was my diet, to remove the fat layer over them.  Even if my ab muscles were puny, you'd still see them if the fat layer over them were removed.

I second what Bonefish says in the post above.

1 hour ago, Ruffian Dick said:

It's entirely possible that he's not really a monk, just shaved his head and borrowed some saffron robes.

Or is everything you read on teh interwebs going to be true???

A Strip-O-Gram maybe? Shouldn't be any problem with the look, don't touch rule. Actually, he's probably a regular guy doing a temporary ordination; can't see a full-time monk maintaining a physique like that. We seem to be developing an internet trend here: first (at least I think she was first, not sure) we had the naughty nurse, followed by the tasty teacher, hot army guy, and sexy cop, now we have the beefcake monk. What's next, I wonder? Prayut doing a Putin.

On 9/20/2017 at 3:28 PM, farcanell said:

BS BS I call BS... yay.

lmao.... everything you claim is as assumptive as the claims you decry

you start with an assumptive claim about a poster, based on a post ?, vs a posters (arguably... it was also suggestive) assumptive post, based on a picture.... hey... ever heard that comment about a picture being worth a thousand words? 

paragraph two was verging on a hateful tirade, based on an assumption regards the Cat .... be cool

oops... paragraph three sees more of paragraph two.... be cool!

anyway... let's jump to the bottom, that appears safest..... No freaking way is this guy's body the result of thirty minutes a day... no way...BS! And nor is it easily achieved!

The best way to know if somebody is using hormones is the Fat Free Mass index + a combination of obvious side effects such as water retention, gyno, acne would be a final clincher. But since not everybody has those side effects, the FFMI is sufficient. 

http://www.naturalphysiques.com/28/fat-free-mass-index-ffmi

From those 3 photos it's not really possible to guess his body fat %, height and weight accurately. Asian guys tend to be shorter and shorter guys look bulkier. He could have a bulging belly under those robes. Her certainly looks above average, but only somebody who's set the bar very low for their own life would conclude just from those 3 photos that he's on drugs.  

There just simply isn't enough information just from those photos. So all the guys here jumping in going "durrrr dats dem stairoaids for shhure" without any qualifying statement such as "if he has't been lifting regularly for at least 3-5 years" or "if he's over 6 feet and his abs are defined" etc etc. 

Instead we just get durrr, he looks muscles....musclez is he use steroids...durrrrr. So I make an assumption that these posters are either (1) idiots (2) haters (3) have absolutely never seen the inside of a gym or done a single sit up in their lives (4) possibly all of the above

. In which case said poster is very likely to be fat and lazy and have absolutely no idea what's possible for a disciplined person who eats properly and doesn't miss workouts. Somebody like me for example.  

Good luck.

On 9/20/2017 at 3:28 PM, farcanell said:

Yes yes yes.... now back to my post ( and reality)

On 9/20/2017 at 8:42 AM, robblok said:

Yes you can suggest it but something like his body is obtainable without steroids. Just a lot of hard work, but its easier to say steroids because that would diminish his effort in your eyes and make you feel better about not doing anything about your shape yourself. 

Of course you need a few good genes too.. not everyone gains muscles at the same rate. 

You think he's natural?

Monks are given food to eat and their time to eat is restricted. How do you suppose he is getting the calories in? Even on the juice I don't understand how he ca get to that size while living in a temple.

On 9/20/2017 at 10:11 PM, simon43 said:

Oh how wrong you are :)

I'm heading towards 59 years old.  I go to the gym about 3 times a week.  I do a little abs and arm work.  I cycle (slowly) about 15 Km a day (to/from work).  I eat a very healthy and balanced diet (mainly veg but also with some lean chicken).

I started this regime in February this year.

My abs are very similar to that guy Natty. I weigh 62 Kg.

The most (IMHO) important action I took to make my abs stand out was my diet, to remove the fat layer over them.  Even if my ab muscles were puny, you'd still see them if the fat layer over them were removed.

I second what Bonefish says in the post above.

Abs are made in the kitchen.

On 20/09/2017 at 9:18 PM, Bonefish said:

A bunch of jealous, probably depressed, lazy and grossly overweight Farangs on Thaivisa, lofting their frustrations here because they don't have much else to do. Sad, very sad...

Spot on mate. But not only farangs, there are some negative posting by Thais and others as well. Most have no idea what they are talking about or what is the truth, but post derogatory comments all day long. They have all the time to look up someone postings and post inflammatory, provocative comments.

They are bitter, because they have failed  in their personal life, have dead end job,  are lonely, broke, in poor health , enjoy being a troll/jackass, don't have anything meaningful to do or are simply retarded.

This forum give them a voice, otherwise no one would listen to their rambling. They feel important and are encouraged when read like minded losers garbage, who  are at same, low intellectual level.

It is beyond sad. It is the reality.

But I have to praise the mods, who has to read all that garbage all day long and delete/ban the worst. Cheers :)

On 9/21/2017 at 12:02 AM, Thongkorn said:

Problem is Most Thai people,give Monks fatty foods to eat, 

This is pretty typical from my wife.  
Veggies, protein, rice, and water. And a little desert. Balanced.
21741108_431212087280605_5142755076413755488_o.thumb.jpg.8054f6f06f9a21853f0499f9da68e3fb.jpg

On 9/22/2017 at 4:37 PM, khunOo said:

Spot on mate. But not only farangs, there are some negative posting by Thais and others as well. Most have no idea what they are talking about or what is the truth, but post derogatory comments all day long. They have all the time to look up someone postings and post inflammatory, provocative comments.

They are bitter, because they have failed  in their personal life, have dead end job,  are lonely, broke, in poor health , enjoy being a troll/jackass, don't have anything meaningful to do or are simply retarded.

This forum give them a voice, otherwise no one would listen to their rambling. They feel important and are encouraged when read like minded losers garbage, who  are at same, low intellectual level.

It is beyond sad. It is the reality.

But I have to praise the mods, who has to read all that garbage all day long and delete/ban the worst. Cheers :)

... Let me tell you one thing, your post is so negative :coffee1:

Archived