90 reporting while traveling around Thailand

I have a non oa multi entry visa (retirement)  and will be arriving the end of October.  I plan on moving about the country frequently.  1 month in Bangkok, 3 weeks in Chiang ma I, 1 month pattaya, hua hin etc.   Since my address will keep changing based on where I stay, how do I handle the 90 day reporting.  Does immigration use the current address at the 90 day point?  Thanks

3 minutes ago, Rayinbkk said:

I have an related question rather than a reply. When you report on line, does the slip come back to you by post, or does it come by email?

After approved you print it out by going back on the online reporting site.

Some office send an email when it is approved but you still have to back on the site to print it out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You need to report to the immigration office where you are living. Moving around would require proof of residence every time you changed addresses.

It would be best to establish a permanent address somewhere so that you could do the reports online or by mail when not there.

Ubonjoe....do you have to report to the immigration office where you got your extension from ?

21 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You need to report to the immigration office where you are living. Moving around would require proof of residence every time you changed addresses.

It would be best to establish a permanent address somewhere so that you could do the reports online or by mail when not there.

and if u CANT use the online ( as phuket is not working)
whats ur idea other than doing  a visa run to reset ur 90 day clock. (what i did last time was up north and my 90 day was due), exit to Laos

People have reported Trying to mail in their reports for Phuket and never getting a reply

Edited by phuketrichard

25 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

and if u CANT use the online ( as phuket is not working)
whats ur idea other than doing  a visa run to reset ur 90 day clock. (what i did last time was up north and my 90 day was due), exit to Laos

People have reported Trying to mail in their reports for Phuket and never getting a reply

That is a problem for those living in Phuket. 

I think the online reporting is working there but they are not checking to see if there are pending reports and processing them.

For mailed in reports if tracking shows them delivered you have to complain to the office. Show them the proof of delivery.

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

That is a problem for those living in Phuket. 

I think the online reporting is working there but they are not checking to see if there are pending reports and processing them.

For mailed in reports if tracking shows them delivered you have to complain to the office. Show them the proof of delivery.

Good luck with that one come the next renewal attempt!

This is a thread that interests me also. I am in the same situation though I am already in Thailand. I haven't done a 90 day report yet even though I have had my O-A visa for nearly a year, because I have been in and out of the country. Now everything in my home country is done and I am here full time. Like the OP I have no plan on establishing a permanent residence. I want to travel around. I currently have a monthly rental (month to month) in Pattaya.

Ubonjoe, you wrote, "It would be best to establish a permanent address somewhere so that you could do the reports online or by mail when not there." Can you elaborate on what you mean by establishing a permanent address? I certainly don't want to be paying rent on a room somewhere that I am rarely going to be at, just for the purposes of maintaining an address. Is that what you meant? What would the options be?

If anyone else has any experience with this issue I would love to hear about it. Thanks OP for asking the question. 

9 minutes ago, Goldbear said:

Ubonjoe, you wrote, "It would be best to establish a permanent address somewhere so that you could do the reports online or by mail when not there." Can you elaborate on what you mean by establishing a permanent address? I certainly don't want to be paying rent on a room somewhere that I am rarely going to be at, just for the purposes of maintaining an address. Is that what you meant? What would the options be?

That was just a suggestion to avoid having to submit proof of address to do change your address to another office every time you want to do a 90 day report. It could be called a home base. Some people rent a small low cost room in order to have place to keep a few things they might not always need when they travel around the country.

Once a address is registered at an office that processes online reporting that would be a good option for the reports.

Or a address that could be used as the address for the self addressed envelope needed for the report receipt to be sent to.

• Like 1

I asked once at Korat Immigration what would happen If I was away on holiday in Thailand when my TM47 was due. They said 'you have a three week window to work your holidays around so not a problem'. So basically they're saying 'tough s....' not their 'plom plem'

Edited by sinbin

22 hours ago, keeniau96 said:

Phuket Immis seems to have reorganized the downstairs group that does the various extensions as well as the 90-day. I was there a week ago and seems a bit of mess, unusual for the Phuket gang.

I did my 90  day report at Phuket last Thursday. it was Very organized and quick   and  it looked the same  it did 90 days ago

asked the immigration guy i know about 90 day online, he looked at me and smiled..

well, it does works as u get to the final page which says PENDING<

but no, it does not work, as it never goes to approved  5555

Edited by phuketrichard

35 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

well, it does works as u get to the final page which says PENDING<

but no, it does not work, as it never goes to approved  5555

That is not online reporting not working it is Phuket immigration not working.

• Like 1

On 9/20/2017 at 11:26 AM, ubonjoe said:

I understand you are correct, but as every hotel reports your address (or should) surely that would be adequate? 

If you live in Pattaya and on the due date you are in Chiang Mai, do they really expect you to come to Pattaya?

For the op with a multi entry visa and if near a border, it would be easier and cheaper to to do a border run.

Edited by chrissables

2 minutes ago, chrissables said:

I understand you are correct, but as every hotel reports your address (or should) surely that be adequate? 

No it is not enough. You have to formally change your address at the local immigration office.

2 minutes ago, chrissables said:

If you live in Pattaya and on the due date you are in Chiang Mai, do they really expect you to come to Pattaya?

As I wrote there is the option to do it online or by mail. They don't expect you to return and do the the report in person.

Just now, ubonjoe said:

No it is not enough. You have to formally change your address at the local immigration office.

As I wrote there is the option to do it online or by mail. They don't expect you to return and do the the report in person.

I have never looked into the online option as i live near an immigration office. By mail, does that mean send your passport or a copy, or complete a form? If you need to send your passport, you would be stuck checking into hotels.

I understand it's not enough, but as it's supposed to be proof of where you are, it is a ridiculous system, as you would be lying on the online report if you stated you were at your home address, when in fact you were checked into a hotel possibly 500 miles away.

28 minutes ago, chrissables said:

I have never looked into the online option as i live near an immigration office. By mail, does that mean send your passport or a copy, or complete a form? If you need to send your passport, you would be stuck checking into hotels.

You send signed copies of your passport, a completed TM47 form and the receipt for your last 90 day report.

28 minutes ago, chrissables said:

I understand it's not enough, but as it's supposed to be proof of where you are, it is a ridiculous system, as you would be lying on the online report if you stated you were at your home address, when in fact you were checked into a hotel possibly 500 miles away.

It is a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country. Being away from your home address and using it to do the report would not by lying since you are not reporting your address.

• Like 1

Just now, ubonjoe said:

You send signed copies of your passport, a completed TM47 form and the receipt for your last 90 day report.

It is a report of staying longer than 90 days in the country. Being away from your home address and using it to do the report would not by lying since you are not reporting your address.

Ok, understood, thanks.