17 injured in bus crash in Mahasarakham

webfact

17 injured in bus crash in Mahasarakham

By The Nation

An air-conditioned bus from Bangkok crashed into the rear of a tractor-trailer that was changing lane for a u-turn in Mahasarakham, injuring 17 people early Thursday.

Police said the accident happened at 1am on the Mahasarakham-Borabua Road in front of a PTT petrol station in Ban Nong Chik village in Tambon Kaeng Ling Jan of Mueang district.

Four of the passengers had severe injuries. The 32-seat coach of Nakhonchai Air Co was transporting passengers to Mukdahan when the accident happened.

Accident witness Kosit Laosuwan told police that the trailer was taking away a bulldozer that had completed work in front of the petrol station. Kosit, a foreman of a tap water pipe laying project, said the trailer was hit when it was moving into the right-hand lane to make a u-turn.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30327285

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-21

24 minutes ago, craigt3365 said:

And almost always these nasty accidents are at night.  One reason I won't take night buses any more! LOL

Same here. In fact I will no longer take long bus trips. Just short ones (2 or 3 hours) when needed. I stick to planes and trains for long trips.

3 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Trying to read where that makes any difference to the story, unless driver was trying to turn it up and did not see what was in front of him.

Reporter probably paid by number of words or lines.....:smile:

Archived