BANGKOK 26 June 2019 12:58

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wanderluster

alcoholics - anyone else having problems trying to get semi sober

22 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

If you would have read my post i clearly state i went back to home country. I was a member i suppose i still am of AA but i feel and have done for some years i do no longer need them. But its always good to know they are there if needed.

So you are now saying there are good thai doctors. Slightly confused with your differing stance now

No, I never said there are good Thai doctors. Good you don't need AA. I'll keep going to keep the meeting open in case you need it. 

42 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

I was a member i suppose i still am of AA but i feel and have done for some years i do no longer need them. But its always good to know they are there if needed.

You certainly are not what I call a member of AA.

Thank God for people who go regularly to meetings and keep this thing going.

I used to go to meetings by myself, when I was busy with work and had young kids, just because someone in need might turn  up. A few did and some are still sober. One local guy came for the first time in 10 years to pick up a 25 year chip and talked about how grateful he was for AA!!

25 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

No, I never said there are good Thai doctors. Good you don't need AA. I'll keep going to keep the meeting open in case you need it. 

God forbid but as i said if needed

9 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

You certainly are not what I call a member of AA.

Thank God for people who go regularly to meetings and keep this thing going.

I used to go to meetings by myself, when I was busy with work and had young kids, just because someone in need might turn  up. A few did and some are still sober. One local guy came for the first time in 10 years to pick up a 25 year chip and talked about how grateful he was for AA!!

I am a member once a member always a member you dont have to show up at every meeting. I know they are there if i need them. There are like you pwople who like to pass on there knowledge at meetings there are also.people like me who will help in anyway i can outside of the meetings. I have helped or at least i hope i have over the years to those who reach out for help.

1 minute ago, jeab1980 said:

I am a member once a member always a member you dont have to show up at every meeting. I know they are there if i need them. There are like you pwople who like to pass on there knowledge at meetings there are also.people like me who will help in anyway i can outside of the meetings. I have helped or at least i hope i have over the years to those who reach out for help.

In my humble opinion, a member has a home group, and a sponsor/sponsee/s. Also, to be able to pass on this valuable message one needs to have had a spiritual experience , as a result of working ALL 12 steps. You can't give away something you don't have.

I can't imagine having worked these steps NOT wanting to give it away. AA has become so watered down these days.  

13 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

How long have you been sober?

34 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

In my humble opinion, a member has a home group, and a sponsor/sponsee/s. Also, to be able to pass on this valuable message one needs to have had a spiritual experience , as a result of working ALL 12 steps. You can't give away something you don't have.

I can't imagine having worked these steps NOT wanting to give it away. AA has become so watered down these days.  

perhaps he means "inactive member" but always in his heart.

29 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

How long have you been sober?

35 yrs as a recovering Alcoholic. One day at a time even now

36 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Theres another reason i dont go. But im not getting into the so called religious/spiritual nonesense.you are who you are and you enjoy it. I am who i am and i enjoy my sober life. I dont belive in spiritual mumbo jumbo and didnt when i was active Within AA.  What we can pass on is wisdom of having been there and wisdom of how to get out of the deep holes.

1 hour ago, jeab1980 said:

Theres another reason i dont go. But im not getting into the so called religious/spiritual nonesense.you are who you are and you enjoy it. I am who i am and i enjoy my sober life. I dont belive in spiritual mumbo jumbo and didnt when i was active Within AA.  What we can pass on is wisdom of having been there and wisdom of how to get out of the deep holes.

The reality is that the majority of AA meetings today were started by someone who copped a resentment at the way their old meeting was being run- and started a new group.  And thank God for that.  Anyone tuned in here that didn't like AA, try a different meeting.  Then another.  You're likely to find one you like, with a group of people who feel the same about the spiritual aspects, or the membership list, or whatever you didn't like. 

Except picking up that first drink.  We're all sticklers on that...

5 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

How can you be active in a spiritual program with a spiritual solution if you are not spiritual? How can you do the 12 steps to get the necessary spiritual experience? I guess you don't believe in a "higher power".

Basically you are saying that AA is nonsense and you don't go, you can stay sober on your own. Well best of luck, sincerely. Have you ever thought that you might not be an alcoholic?

1 minute ago, MrPatrickThai said:

How can you be active in a spiritual program with a spiritual solution if you are not spiritual? How can you do the 12 steps to get the necessary spiritual experience? I guess you don't believe in a "higher power".

Basically you are saying that AA is nonsense and you don't go, you can stay sober on your own. Well best of luck, sincerely. Have you ever thought that you might not be an alcoholic?

Heard some garbage like this at AA meetings higher power my arse. Ever thought your ideas are stupid?.

To tell an alcholic that maybe your not as he ie me doesnt comply to the spiritualist <deleted> or a higher power crap is plain dumb.

I have never said the AA is nonesense i found a good group with my views.

I stay sober for many reasons now none of yhem are anything to do with spiritual or higherbpowers.

Im actually quite offended by your remarks.

2 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Heard some garbage like this at AA meetings higher power my arse. Ever thought your ideas are stupid?.

To tell an alcholic that maybe your not as he ie me doesnt comply to the spiritualist <deleted> or a higher power crap is plain dumb.

I stay sober for many reasons now none of yhem are anything to do with spiritual or higherbpowers.

You found a good AA group that never used the word God? 

4 minutes ago, MrPatrickThai said:

You found a good AA group that never used the word God? 

Yes i did  now please im not interested in your rhetoric or preachings. Any man who can actually base a conclusion as you did over a forum is obviously very narrow minded. You dont know me you have no idea what led me to drink. You have no idea of what network of support i have. To actually say "Have you ever thought that you might not be an alcoholic" is beyond belief. 

i am and always will be an Alcholic the diffrence now is i choose not to drink.

im not supprised your meetings are giong down the pan. 

I have no intention of getting into a pissing match with you.

we disagree on the three letter word you used get over it. 

11 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:
31 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

Is english your first language, because if it is I would guess you're not sober now. I do agree with with what you're saying, but the spelling is a distraction.