poor service at Tesco compared to 7/11

jippytum

3 hours ago, jippytum said:

I shop regularly at Tesco mini marts in various locations .The custom  service at check outs is usually is very slow and unprofessional compared to the fast efficient service at most 7/11 stores. Anyone else notice the poor service .

Not only at Tesco Mini.... the large ones are often not better compared to their competitors.

Agree that the "seven" staff almost everywhere is spot on and capable of dealing with high customer traffic.

8 hours ago, jippytum said:

I shop regularly at Tesco mini marts in various locations .The custom  service at check outs is usually is very slow and unprofessional compared to the fast efficient service at most 7/11 stores. Anyone else notice the poor service .

Is not only at Tesco express, I visit many Tesco here in Thailand, none had a good service, the best service I found by BIGC.

self checkout machines are the norm in my home country, scan, pay and go, easy as that. thailand supermarkets need to invest in them, the cashier staff are sooooo slow.

not to mention the lack of management of the checkouts; long queues of customers does not seem to prompt management to open more checkouts.

anyway, time for a sit down and a nice cup of tea.

11 minutes ago, samsensam said:

self checkout machines are the norm in my home country, scan, pay and go, easy as that. thailand supermarkets need to invest in them, the cashier staff are sooooo slow.

I would pay to watch them in action on the first day.

39 minutes ago, dotpoom said:

At last....real problems being discussed for a change.

Obviously you've just sorted the Nth K crisis in your spare time, oh wait! no you just comment in a thread that doesnt concern or interest you....wow  thats just mind numbingly REAL!

Yes I agree with the OP, it seems they go out of their way to hire the least best shop clerks they can find

2 hours ago, soistalker said:

I went to 7/11 up north. The workers walked my hot sandwich to the back of the store where I was browsing, and a very cute girl smiled at me for an exceedingly long time after I bought that and milk and said, "Thank you so much."

she made my day.

Have you left the store yet?

Just noticed that you were 'browsing'. In a 7 eleven? I need to try that. Seems like I'm missing something.

Edited by NanLaew

Personaly i hate shopping so i drive the mrs to the store of her choice. Then get in the back of the pick up and sleep so im quite happy with slow service. 

But why people usualy farang need to be in such a hurry eludes me chill out and go with the flow. I do go inside Mako i love watching farang on a trolley war campain.  So funny

21 minutes ago, jeab1980 said:

I call them all 24/7 everyone understands that 

Ps @selwonk dont like feel free to move on quickly goodbye

Public forum, much information can be learned from Thai Visa, many interesting threads with a lot of smart Thai bashing comments within, some good posters who seem to like the Fact they live in Thailand and enjoy there lives. But all the Thai bashing , political correct, spelling correct, sarcastic , bored people with nothing more to criticise, every day life in Thailand, put a real damper on this forum. Your obviously one of them so a quick goodbye to you

27 minutes ago, Suradit69 said:

Another vitally important observation designed to ramp up the bloviating over the absurdly trivial.

59c3d8e4741e2_oldladies.jpg.7d05311a2bacf284d149d3e408fcff2c.jpg  "Tesco is simply a disgrace. Natter Natter."

Whatever. Fact is the service at every shop at every level is crap. Part of the experience of leaving the first world for the third I suppose.

11 hours ago, soistalker said:

I went to 7/11 up north. The workers walked my hot sandwich to the back of the store where I was browsing, and a very cute girl smiled at me for an exceedingly long time after I bought that and milk and said, "Thank you so much."

she made my day.

Ding...dong.

12 hours ago, samsensam said:

Not a very clever thing to do in a rather poor country where the incentive to steal is high and staff only costs you the equivalent of one bottle of low-grade rum a day.

ALL the Tesco Express markets I have been to in Thailand (quite a few of them) didn't restock their beer fridges for hours. In fact, most of the time their fridges were mostly empty. How is that? They are making a killing on beer and don't even feel the need to restock fridges within any 12-hour window... pretty poor management nationwide.

13 hours ago, samsensam said:

not to mention the lack of management of the checkouts; long queues of customers does not seem to prompt management to open more checkouts.

anyway, time for a sit down and a nice cup of tea.

I hate those damn things with a vengeance.  Never found any that work properly and in the end, you need an assistant  to sort out the moronic machines that is telling you there is 'an unknown object in the bagging area'. .  Give me a till  and a human any time.  

14 hours ago, soistalker said:

she made my day.

I can guarantee that service won't happen in any western country.