poor service at Tesco compared to 7/11

jippytum

10 minutes ago, steven100 said:

I can guarantee that service won't happen in any western country.

Awww... come on.. that just pishes on the bonfire of our esteemed whingers.

The reality is that Customer service in Thailand is somewhat of an enigma... Sometimes it's incredible, other times to sorely lacking. 

Where it is really lacking is product replacement / warranty issues. 

With regards to personnel custom service is somewhat of a crap-shoot... issues that you think may be difficult often end up to refreshingly simple to resolve, on other occasions issues that you think should be extremely simple to resolve become frustrating difficult. 

Sometimes people are extremely helpful, on other occasions they are extremely obstructive, at times completely careless.

Ultimately, I have no idea of what level of customer service I'm going to receive until I need it !

But really, customer service in a 7-11.... how much customer service do you need when you go in, buy something, walk out ?.... and as for choosing a 7-11 over a Tesco-Mini mart because of the opinion that the 'girls maybe prettier there' ??? some guys just ooze sleazy-perv... 

1 hour ago, richard_smith237 said:

Awww... come on.. that just pishes on the bonfire of our esteemed whingers.

The reality is that Customer service in Thailand is somewhat of an enigma... Sometimes it's incredible, other times to sorely lacking. 

Where it is really lacking is product replacement / warranty issues. 

With regards to personnel custom service is somewhat of a crap-shoot... issues that you think may be difficult often end up to refreshingly simple to resolve, on other occasions issues that you think should be extremely simple to resolve become frustrating difficult. 

Sometimes people are extremely helpful, on other occasions they are extremely obstructive, at times completely careless.

Ultimately, I have no idea of what level of customer service I'm going to receive until I need it !

But really, customer service in a 7-11.... how much customer service do you need when you go in, buy something, walk out ?.... and as for choosing a 7-11 over a Tesco-Mini mart because of the opinion that the 'girls maybe prettier there' ??? some guys just ooze sleazy-perv... 

Agree entirely that sometimes customer service is non-existent, and other times the staff go out of their way to help.

Yesterday at Makro, I locked my keys and handbag under my scooter seat so was rather 'screwed' as I had no access to 'phone/money/keys.....  I went to their customer services to ask if someone would 'jemmy' open the scooter seat and 3 staff quickly arrived to help :smile:!  Even though I told them it didn't matter if they broke the 'lock' holding the seat closed (as I couldn't see any other way of opening the damn thing) - they clearly considered this a last resort and managed to lift the centre of the seat enough to squeeze out my handbag, which contained my keys!

They were great as, incidentally, have been all Thais when I've found myself in a difficult situation. :smile:

3 hours ago, pennine said:

Big Tesco on Samui  not much better. No one speaks English (unlike Big C), items often out of stock (Big C better) and aisle description notices high up with large Thai letters and tiny hard to read English letters.

Guess you dont like tesco then. Heads up in case you missed it you are in Thailand, they have there own Language. They cater for the indiginous population. Cant remember ever seeing thai signs in any supermarket back in home country. 

Edited by jeab1980

23 hours ago, selwonk said:

Never read so much garbage, get a life

its incredibly banal that someone reads then posts in a thread they consider garbage.

its really quite funny to see

dont give a F? simple, dont post in the thread,

but no we have plenty of these

obvious "have no life" posting in them

strange at best a bannable insult at worst..

15 minutes ago, kaorop said:

its incredibly banal that someone reads then posts in a thread they consider garbage.

its really quite funny to see

dont give a F? simple, dont post in the thread,

but no we have plenty of these

obvious "have no life" posting in them

strange at best a bannable insult at worst..

I guess a bunch of old moaners talking about convenience store staff is a bit too much for some. Guys entitled to his opinion and he certainly made it clear.

Lets be honest, a 5 Baht rise in the price of carrots could cause a 30 page shit storm here not to mention those who would need medication adjustment.

18 minutes ago, oxo1947 said:

My local 7-11always uses four checkouts.

Unless it's really busy; then they use one...............:coffee1:

Sorry, that's 7-11 Thailand policy.
When the store is very busy checkout staff must stock the shelves and block the aisles.

3 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I was at a Tesco express yesterday  and there was not even one ladyboy working there!!! I thought that under article 44 it is required that at least one ladyboy  works there.

I seriously considered reporting them..

Only a token one is required at every bar.

9 minutes ago, inThailand said:

Only a token one is required at every bar.

After a few drinks I always see two. and i think they are related because they look very much alike!!! though kind ou fuzzy.

I  always have another drink trying to figure that one out.

On 9/21/2017 at 10:32 AM, jippytum said:

I shop regularly at Tesco mini marts in various locations .The custom  service at check outs is usually is very slow and unprofessional compared to the fast efficient service at most 7/11 stores. Anyone else notice the poor service .

It's outrageous I know...:giggle:

19 hours ago, jeab1980 said:

Guess you dont like tesco then. Heads up in case you missed it you are in Thailand, they have there own Language. They cater for the indiginous population. Cant remember ever seeing thai signs in any supermarket back in home country. 

That maybe because there aren't many Thai tourists or expats in the "home country". I'm not complaining about the Thai sign, just the tiny almost unreadable English subtitles.

3 minutes ago, pennine said:

That maybe because there aren't many Thai tourists or expats in the "home country". I'm not complaining about the Thai sign, just the tiny almost unreadable English subtitles.

Not many here in the great scheme of things expays that is. Actually there is a large comunity of Thai in my birth country.

17 minutes ago, pennine said:

In California  most signs were in English and Spanish.  Also Spanish option for most business/official calls.

22 minutes ago, pennine said:

Google Translate.  You may have heard of it.  It will now translate Thai signage.  It's 2017.