Don muang airport car parking charges

Smokemachine

Can anyone provide me an answer? 

I will be leaving my vehicle at the don muang airport car park around 15 hours. I was told that 15 hours will be the same as one whole day fee = 250 baht. Is the 250 baht flat fee automatically or do I need to preregister any procedure beforehand? Or all I have to do is when I drive out the exit gantry. It will capture my 15 hours parking and it will automatically charge me flat 250 baht? 

Me first time parking in don muang.  

Thank you

2 minutes ago, pgrahmm said:

No, just take the ticket - leave it at the dash & use it for the pay booth on the way out....

Pre-registration (like the private lots in the west) would be difficult for them to monitor....

Thank you for the quick reply. 

You mentioned leave the ticket on the dash. Does we need to place at there compulsory? What is the purpose of leaving the ticket there? The slip that we receive after pressing the button at entering gantry?

7 minutes ago, Smokemachine said:

Thank you for the quick reply. 

You mentioned leave the ticket on the dash. Does we need to place at there compulsory? What is the purpose of leaving the ticket there? The slip that we receive after pressing the button at entering gantry?

Yes, I always do it so I won't mistakenly lose/mishandle it...

Parking at Don Muaeng is usually a bitch. I hope you have a small car....

There is the usual double parking that you see at Thai shopping malls.I prefer parking above ground in the small multi-stores some 2/300 metres after domestic departures.

I would recommend that you speak with one the attendants to explain that you are only parking for 15 hours.

11 hours ago, Jip99 said:

There is the usual double parking that you see at Thai shopping malls.I prefer parking above ground in the small multi-stores some 2/300 metres after domestic departures.

I would recommend that you speak with one the attendants to explain that you are only parking for 15 hours.

OK.  Thank you

15 hours ago, Jip99 said:

And, often you can park at the A/#1 garage adjacent to the airport building if you're vigilant, sometimes you might have to move a car left in the aisle that others are too lazy to move - or don't notice.....

We've never checked in with intent prior to parking & there's been no problem.....

I doubt the attendants are very fluent in English + there's usually a queue.....My wife is Thai but we've never had a concern requiring dialogue....

Last trip we scored about 12 spaces away from the entrance/elevators - guessing nobody else bothered to look + we have an SUV and I could scope out over several rows glancing around - spotted that one from 3 rows away......

Last time I parked in DMK I parked right next to terminal 2. Upon leaving they said that I should have paid at the ticket machine (on the 3rd floor?). They still let me pay on the way out anyway but couldn't give a receipt (I didn't need one anyway). I normally park near the old domestic departure building which has a free shuttle bus, or you can have a long walk through the terminal if you wish.

Regarding the rate you will be charged 250baht. Anything over 8 hours will be charged at the daily rate.

By the way, I would never leave the ticket on the dash. If you did someone could easily break in to your car and drive off (that's what all my Thai friends tell me). 

8 hours ago, alien365 said:

Last time I parked in DMK I parked right next to terminal 2. Upon leaving they said that I should have paid at the ticket machine (on the 3rd floor?). They still let me pay on the way out anyway but couldn't give a receipt (I didn't need one anyway). I normally park near the old domestic departure building which has a free shuttle bus, or you can have a long walk through the terminal if you wish.

Regarding the rate you will be charged 250baht. Anything over 8 hours will be charged at the daily rate.

By the way, I would never leave the ticket on the dash. If you did someone could easily break in to your car and drive off (that's what all my Thai friends tell me). 

Good advise, heed it..................

20 hours ago, alien365 said:

That's why I said at the dash (probably should have worded it better)....I leave in a little nook there....I also in advance secrete the money for the parking toll....

Just in case everything that could go wrong happens I can at least get out & on the road....

we will be traveling to Vietnam tomorrow , I plan to drive to the airport and park for 4 days. If we take the taxi it may be more expensive than the parking ticket at 250 THB for 24 hours...by the way is there a specific long term parking area at DM? 

1 hour ago, krystian said:

we will be traveling to Vietnam tomorrow , I plan to drive to the airport and park for 4 days. If we take the taxi it may be more expensive than the parking ticket at 250 THB for 24 hours...by the way is there a specific long term parking area at DM? 

Not that I'm aware of. You can park ST or LT in any of the car parks so there's no reduced rate like there is at BKK. 

Archived