Stolen credit card - police work

Mak25

I know who stole my credit card. I told police and presented them with all details including bank slips showing his personal signature using my card (very stupid to use his personal signature - but true). I gave police a copy of his ID card. But police does not move a finger at all...how many brown envelopes do I need to have police work on this? ?

2 years passed now since then and I scrapped it already. Just sometimes I am wondering about the police work...?

Not defending the local Plod, who are generally not wonderful, but to be honest I doubt the rozzers back home would do anything either.

One assumes you lost nothing (or did you) and the card is now cancelled, not worth moving a muscle.

7 hours ago, Mak25 said:

I know who stole my credit card. I told police and presented them with all details including bank slips showing his personal signature using my card (very stupid to use his personal signature - but true). I gave police a copy of his ID card. But police does not move a finger at all...how many brown envelopes do I need to have police work on this? ?

2 years passed now since then and I scrapped it already. Just sometimes I am wondering about the police work...?

If you wanted the Thai police to do something about this, you should have given them money to cover 'investigation expenses". As regards to the situation in the UK, I had one of my computer games console shops broken into and GBP85,000 worth of stock stolen. The police did nothing to catch the thieves. A week later, after restocking, we caught one of the thieves trying to break in again, I believe from the same gang. The police were reluctant to prosecute as they said it was a waste of time. I insisted that they prosecuted the thief and it went to court. The magistrates only fined the thief GBP11.00 payable at GBP2.00/week. Then he was given an extra GBP2.00/week on top of his dole money by the welfare system. As regards the Thai Police, I had a gold necklace stolen in a bar and no one in the bar knew who had stolen it. My wife gave a Thai policeman B500 and he went to the bar and threaten to close it down and miraculously the necklace was returned to me 30 minutes later.

same to me, my laptop, mobile phone, money, and other important paper works all been stolen on the motorway, i told police every details i got but no progress or they didn't do any thing, now it's already been almost 2 years. i lost around 70,000 THB total. ask for help never get helped from Thai Police. if you not a movie star never ever thought that you will get helped from Thai police (i'm a thai guys)

People who have thefts on their cards think they are the victim. If the card made good on the charges then they are not the real victim. The credit card company is. The credit card companies are too busy counting money to care to pursue a criminal charge.