"Door knocker rapist" attacks fourth victim in Muang Thong Thani

webfact

"Door knocker rapist" attacks fourth victim in Muang Thong Thani

CiHZjUdJ5HPNXJ92GO2gsgSvnkWVbBimAt.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

Police have admitted they have a serial rapist on their hands in the large northern Bangkok estate of Muang Thong Thani.

They have connected four cases after a "big, tall" man attacked a 15 year old on the fire escape stairs on Sunday.

In the three other cases the same man knocked on doors of women and burst in when they answered. The man is operating at a variety of large tower blocks in the estate in Nonthaburi.

Fifteen year old "A" went to Pak Kret cops yesterday.

She said that she went to buy some stuff on Sunday morning and when she got in the lift on the way back the man who attacked her got in to. She got out at the tenth floor to go down the fire escape to her ninth floor room.

He followed her and grabbed her, putting his hand over her mouth and forcing her to the floor. he told her not to make a noise or he would hurt her.

She managed to get free just as he was about to rape her. The assailant fled but his image was caught on CCTV.

The attack happened in Block C6.

Pak Kret cops said this was the fourth attack by the same man in different blocks. In the other attacks he has knocked on doors and burst in when women answered.

Thai Rath did not report whether the other attacks were rapes or attempted rapes.

The man is described as big and tall and aged 30-35.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-22

20 minutes ago, topt said:

What is the technical difference between the 2?

Flats are sold on leaseholds. The state of the estate like security lies with the estate owner.

Condos are on freehold titles. The state of the estate lies with the collective owners of all the condo units.

3 hours ago, Deez said:

Amazing Thailand. The police will not try to catch a rapist unless there is a complaint lodged at the police station

Whilst I consider the BiB corrupt and inept, there is no police force I know on this planet that is telepathic. Thus, reporting crimes tends to be the catalyst for any investigation.

12 hours ago, trogers said:

That's an estate of condominium units, not flats.

I'm from the UK, they're all flats to me.

12 hours ago, trogers said:

Flats are sold on leaseholds. The state of the estate like security lies with the estate owner.

Condos are on freehold titles. The state of the estate lies with the collective owners of all the condo units.

Interesting; wouldn't the more usual distinction be between apartments and condos; I was under the impression "flats" was a UK/European thing.

16 hours ago, topt said:

What is the technical difference between the 2?

Condo has swim pool, flats no

Condo has flowers pots at the gate, flats no

Condo has gym, flats no

Condo has security guards at the gate, flats no

Condo has nice looking girls who work in clubs, flats no

Condo don't have haggard looking ladies in pyjamas walking to the small convenience store, flats have many, can't argue with this point.

Archived