Tourists really don't mind about Pattaya's filthy beaches, claims vendors' rep

webfact

Tourists really don't mind about Pattaya's filthy beaches, claims vendors' rep

21751991_1658867690800825_1654962921483471707_n.jpg

Picture: Sophon Cable

PATTAYA: -- A representative of the deckchair and umbrella vendors on one of Pattaya's filthiest beaches has dismissed criticism of the trash saying it happens every year.

And in a statement that will surprise many he said that business has not been affected.

And he went further - he claimed that tourists really don't mind and understand the situation.

The story on Sophon Cable TV's Facebook page had no comments - people who normally comment in droves seemed to have been stunned into silence.

There were just dozens of shocked emoticons and other emojis crying

their eyes out in laughter.

Prawet Lamyaiwan was speaking to Sophon on Wong Amat beach. A couple of days ago the beach looked like the municipal trash dump. It has since been cleared up but many fear another wave of plastic bottles, old wood and other debris will be blown in on the next storm.

However Prawet was upbeat. He said business had not been affected at all. Most tourists completely understand and just put up with the unsightly trash, he remarked.

After all, he said, it was just something that always happened at this time of the year.

Source: Sophon Cable

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-22

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most tourists completely understand and just put up with the unsightly trash, he remarked.

Most tourists were fooled by the glossy brouchers put out by the tourism Authority and having never been to Thailand thought the pure white sands, and pure pristine waters were a beautiful tropical reality.  When they arrive there are no drinks with little umbrellas just a sewage treatment plant beside the city dump.  They saved all year for airfares and hotels and are now stuck.  I think the vendor needs to ask the tourists how they like the beautiful beach and not speak on their behalf.

images.jpeg

pdn311.jpgI like the garbage on the beach as well, mostly i search for some food so i don't get extorted by the vendors who like to overcharge me...last time i found a dead seagull and 2 fish, they were great on the barbie. Then i made a bed from plastic litter which was nice soft, we have to be creative without sunbeds.

"Tourists really don't mind about Pattaya's filthy beaches, claims vendors' rep"

Right, I prefer to swim in sewers. Personally I avoided Pattaya and visited only once in past 7 years.

And this was when my friend took me along for free ride. And no, I was not on the beach, I was in the shopping center and hotel. 

My mate has been going to Pattaya about three times a year for more than a decade. He says he hasn't seen the sea for about five years. Stays in the bars, which is exactly what Pattaya is all about. Get in!

3 minutes ago, cms22 said:

My mate has been going to Pattaya about three times a year for more than a decade. He says he hasn't seen the sea for about five years. Stays in the bars, which is exactly what Pattaya is all about. Get in!

Why would anyone fly half way aroud the world just to go to a mediocre beach? Even if it was clean?

When I visit my home country I get so tired of the cheeky smiles on people's faces when I tell them I live in Thailand.... To them Pattaya = Thailand.

Another Thai suffering from "stupid sickness". There should be some sort of IQ test before they're allowed to occupy these public profile positions. I suggest an IQ of 83 as a starting point. I just hope the bl**dy thing ain't catching. Hey, that's the answer! You know all those guys that seem to leave their brains behind at the airport, they've caught the "stupid sickness".

6 minutes ago, nausea said:

Another Thai suffering from "stupid sickness". There should be some sort of IQ test before they're allowed to occupy these public profile positions. I suggest an IQ of 83 as a starting point. I just hope the bl**dy thing ain't catching.

An IQ of 83? Let's be realistic: -83, less a few for the amulets. 

I assume he paid a market research firm to come up with that. After all, if you're going to lay claim to an extra helping of stupidity, it helps if you can add a dose of legitimacy.

But then, that would involve some thinking in the first place ... nope, must have been all his own idea. 

1 hour ago, Emster23 said:

I've lived in Jomtien 12 years and have never gone in the water. With so much trash about on the beach, perhaps that health precaution is moot.

I did go in the sea untill waist high but got itchy legs after that. Now i understand why almost nobody swims in Pattaya.

Archived