Trump clashes with sports world over player protests, invitation

rooster59

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Why is the immoral clown potus trolling and inflaming the nation on an issue that's really none of his business (NFL policies) instead of focusing on the actual real life disaster happening now in PUERTO RICO?

Because he's doing the only think he know how to do e.g. stir sxxx and insult everyone not of his liking. He is a bigot and racists and corrupt as hell. 

45 knows no limits.jpg

19 minutes ago, habanero said:

Why do you people insist on using the term draft dodger?  Obviously, he is not the first president in recent times to avoid the now defunct draft. Also, the majority of people on TV are so anti U.S. military. Why do you care who avoided the draft?

Personally one reason I despise draft dodger 45 is b/c he was and is a PUXXY acting like a bad ass. He ran way when U.S. was at war. BTW I volunteered to serve. Now he trashed Mccain for being captured etc. He is a disgusting human being. He ought to be treated like rabid dog or maybe a horse with a broken leg.

45 is the chicken man.jpg

9 hours ago, tonray said:

How about the owners of America, the citizens, say get that son of a bitch out of the White House  ?

Yes, I have an idea .

Why dont we ask the Citizens of America what they want ?

You could ask everyone of them what they think .

Get them to write down on some paper what they think and then add all those opinions up .

And then see who gets the most opinions .

Does that sound like a fair way ?

5 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Respecting ones own National anthem, really isnt Patriotism

I agree I am vehemently anti-nationalism but I see standing for the US anthem if in the US or the Thai if in Thailand shows respect. For me it's polite respect and that's all. Same if I take my hat off if a funeral procession goes by or take off my shoes at a temple.

edit:  BTW I'm not saying it "should" be played apart from national competitions. I would say it should not be played at normal games but if it is respect it. 

12 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, I have an idea .

Why dont we ask the Citizens of America what they want ?

You could ask everyone of them what they think .

Get them to write down on some paper what they think and then add all those opinions up .

And then see who gets the most opinions .

Does that sound like a fair way ?

I'm an American citizen, tax payer, and veteran. I'll tell you what I want. I want 45 and his Russian regime GONE GONE GONE.

fail.jpg

Were these knelling protests happening when Obama was POTUS ?

If no, then these knelling protests are solely against Trump .

Political gestures .

The "knellers" are showing disrespect to democracy

Whether they like the POTUS or not, they should still show respect to the process and respect to their Country .

They are there to play sport . If they want to get involved in Politics , then get involved in Political rallies .

Sports stars shouldnt use their sport to display their political alliances .

Fair enough , do that away from their sport .

They are there to play sport , not to make political statements

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Political gestures .

Whether they like the POTUS or not, they should still show respect to the process and respect to their Country .

They are there to play sport . If they want to get involved in Politics , then get involved in Political rallies .

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that they didn't see the USA with Obama as President as being hostile to the rights of non-white people.

1 hour ago, habanero said:

Why do you people insist on using the term draft dodger?  Obviously, he is not the first president in recent times to avoid the now defunct draft. Also, the majority of people on TV are so anti U.S. military. Why do you care who avoided the draft?

Because he is accusing others of being unpatriotic. The heart of patriotism is about making sacrifices for your country. Trump had his chance to do just that and didn't. It's easy to wrap yourself up in the flag or demand respect for the national anthem when there's no danger of a viet cong putting a bullet hole in you.

1 hour ago, habanero said:

They insist on using the term 'draft dodger' because Trump was in fact......a draft dodger. Here you go again normalising and making excuses for Trump's atrocious behaviour. You do it all the time on here (along with a few others). Don't you see what he has done to you? You are supporting a wannabe Dictator who is as much an international statesman as Ted Bundy.

STOP normalising his bad and criminal behaviour. You have just done a Fox News pivot in your reply:

Also, the majority of people on TV are so anti U.S. military. Why do you care who avoided the draft?

Textbook, Sean Hannity would be proud of you..............but we're not.- 

Trump lied so much about his very bad 'bone spurs' that he cannot even remember which foot they were on. So a compulsive liar who did not have the courage or respect to go to fight for his country (I bet the guy taking a knee would fight for his country) or does he have Alzheimers ? Either way he has no business being POTUS.

6 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

I'm going to take a wild guess here and say that they didn't see the USA with Obama as President as being hostile to the rights of non-white people.

Whys that then, because the POTUS was Black ?

Has so much changed in the USA since Trump got elected ?

Have any rights of non Whites been taken away from them ?

Were the USA Police brutal when Obama was POTUS , or has it just began when Trump got elected .

Or is it just racism ?

"We like a Black POTUS , but not a White one"

9 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Political gestures .

Trump has done everything in his power to destroy democracy in the USA , and he is by far from finished. The totally amazing thing is he actually has a sizeable group of people who blindly follow him. It is insane. If a guy wants to take a knee then leave him, don't make a fuss, ignore it and he will stop. Don't tell me that sportsman is disrespecting his country, flag, constitution etc when you are openly supporting one of the biggest traitors since Judas. YOU are showing far more disrespect for the USA and the Flag by supporting Trump than the guy taking a knee.  Is it disrespectful for a President who has never believed in a God or Jesus to be 'pretending' to be a follower of Jesus and now leading prayers with evangelicals because he wants their votes? Is it not more respectful if you are a non believer to simply stay silent during prayers, and not state in a speech to the UN that the US will achieve under our God !! I have a bridge for sale in London and I know there are around 30 million people in the USA I could sell it to......gullible Trump supporters.

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Whys that then, because the POTUS was Black ?

Has so much changed in the USA since Trump got elected ?

Have any rights of non Whites been taken away from them ?

Were the USA Police brutal when Obama was POTUS , or has it just began when Trump got elected .

Or is it just racism ?

"We like a Black POTUS , but not a White one"

Jeff Sessions is now the Attorney General.

Look up his record and his proposoals about police and race.

It's telling that you actually have to ask these questions. Gives a pretty clear indication of where you don't get your information from.

And it's also revealing that you resorted asking if it was because of the race of the ex President.

30 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

So if instead of playing the National Anthem, they played Jingle Bells before the game and players ignored it, would be just as much of an affront?

It might upset Santa's little Elfs? but to be serious every country has an anthem and a flag. Is it too much to ask athletes to show some respect for THAT?  nothing to do with Trump he didn't invent the anthem or the flag.

It's like when you salute an Officer - you salute the RANK not the MAN.

3 hours ago, inThailand said:

No one is forcing you to sing or place your hand on your heart. Just stand with your hat off to show respect. You can still show respect even if you don't agree.

Respect is a notion that is lost in too many areas!

(OK I am an oldtimer... I reckon) :smile:

1 minute ago, binjalin said:

It might upset Santa's little Elfs? but to be serious every country has an anthem and a flag. Is it too much to ask athletes to show some respect for THAT?  nothing to do with Trump he didn't invent the anthem or the flag.

It's like when you salute an Officer - you salute the RANK not the MAN.

Exactly, nothing to do with Trump, he should stay out of this. And if he really, really wants to get involved he should do so with respect to others, not resort to name calling.

Archived