Trump clashes with sports world over player protests, invitation

rooster59

• Replies 938
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

But you just wrote that ignoring the national anthem wouldn't be disrespectful..

Am I missing something?

Yes, you are missing something .

You are missing what was posted .

(I didnt post that ignoring the N/A wouldnt be disrespectful)

4 minutes ago, sanemax said:

11 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Whoever put the quotes there "was" actually quoting Donald J Trump, the man you support who tells us that there are "very fine people" in the Nazi groups. 

Trump did not say that .

He didnt say that the Nazis were "very fine people"

Neither did I say that he did  by the looks of it. Can you actually read? I suggest you watch the real video clips of what Trump says himself instead of watching Fox and InfoWars and misquoting to suit you and those that 'like' your post.

2 hours ago, inThailand said:

The majority of people will not stand for this on the field and if they vote with their wallet, attendance or viewing ship the owners and NFL most likely will stop it.

They can protest all they want off the field. 

Not likely. Have you not noticed that the NFL, NFLPA and a number of NFL team do not support 45's "suggestions"?

Maybe you should wait for the next few weeks stadium attendance before carving your proclamation in stone.

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Yes, you are missing something .

You are missing what was posted .

(I didnt post that ignoring the N/A would be disrespectful)

you are another thread hijacking Troll. To everyone's disbelief we now find that people were paid on Facebook to continually spout lies and propaganda about Trump, to 'normalise' his behaviour. Will we have a revelation soon that forums around the world also have paid participants to spout garbage and propaganda about Trump on them also. You try to normalise criminal behaviour and there is nothing logical or 'normal' about that.

4 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

you are another thread hijacking Troll. To everyone's disbelief we now find that people were paid on Facebook to continually spout lies and propaganda about Trump, to 'normalise' his behaviour. Will we have a revelation soon that forums around the world also have paid participants to spout garbage and propaganda about Trump on them also. You try to normalise criminal behaviour and there is nothing logical or 'normal' about that.

Are you suggesting this poster is paid?  isn't that a tad paranoid?  

To not stand for your national anthem is disrespectful, to your country, your flag and those who have fought for your freedom - Period.

All the other arguments should be done in the appropriate forums, not on a sportsfield by overpaid people who have not really sacrificed anything.

4 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Neither did I say that he did  by the looks of it. Can you actually read? I suggest you watch the real video clips of what Trump says himself instead of watching Fox and InfoWars and misquoting to suit you and those that 'like' your post.

In the post that you were replying too, you quite clearly stated that Trump said that Nazis were "very fine people" .

I have not misquoted anyone .

I just cannot understand :

You say something, then denying saying it , then accuse me of not being able to read and also of misquoting !!!!!!!

You seem to be contradicting yourself .

"Trump said Nazis were fine people"

"I didnt say Trump said that"

"Trump did actually say that , you are misquoting him "

I am finding it difficult to follow your logic , 

I don't think supporter and followers in the NFL give a crap what Trump thinks or about some dudes kneeling down. There is no way they will give up their game and four hours of eating popcorn because Trump tweets so.

And yes Americans just love and display respect for a National Anthem.

And the Canadian response to the US National Anthem

NFL: Jacksonville Jaguars owner Shahid Khan issues statement against Donald Trump

"On Friday night the president used Twitter to call for players who failed to stand up for the national anthem

to be struck off by the NFL."

"But in a statement put out by owner Shahid Khan, he labelled Trump’s tweets as “divisive and contentious.”

"Around 27 players of Baltimore Ravens and Jacksonville Jaguars knelt for their clash at Wembley Stadium and Khan,

who also owns Championship football club Fulham, defended his side’s actions."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/othersport/858212/NFL-Jacksonville-Jaguars-owner-Shahid-Khan-statement-kneel-protest-Donald-Trump

1.png

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

In the post that you were replying too, you quite clearly stated that Trump said that Nazis were "very fine people" .

I have not misquoted anyone .

I just cannot understand :

You say something, then denying saying it , then accuse me of not being able to read and also of misquoting !!!!!!!

You seem to be contradicting yourself .

"Trump said Nazis were fine people"

"I didnt say Trump said that"

"Trump did actually say that , you are misquoting him "

I am finding it difficult to follow your logic , 

You are like Trump, you lie and twist and pivot just to suit you. Even when it is infant of you. What I clearly said was

30 minutes ago, sanemax said:
  33 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

Whoever put the quotes there "was" actually quoting Donald J Trump, the man you support who tells us that there are "very fine people" in the Nazi groups. 

My quote, my words, my bold.

you said

In the post that you were replying too, you quite clearly stated that Trump said that Nazis were "very fine people"

Never ever take up jury service.

1 minute ago, klikster said:

The show of "*Disrespect, protest, disdain** or whatever" is for 45.

45 does not 'own', 'invent' or have any 'input' to the national anthem or flag. They belong to the American people and disrespecting them disrespects every American, black or white, republican or dem, gay or straight and to say otherwise is ignorance

8 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

You are like Trump, you lie and twist and pivot just to suit you. Even when it is infant of you. What I clearly said was

My quote, my words, my bold.

you said

Never ever take up jury service.

Just to clarify .

We are referring to a protest about the removal of statues and some Neo-Nazis attended .

Trump condemned the Neo-Nazis and stated that were some other "fine people" at the protests .

He didnt say that the Neo-Nazis were "fine people"

He condemned them and said that there were some "fine people" at the protest and they were not all Neo-Nazis , like the media were trying to portray them as being

1 minute ago, sanemax said:

Just to clarify .

We are referring to a protest about the removal of statues and some Neo-Nazis attended .

Trump condemned the Neo-Nazis and stated that were some other "fine people" at the protests .

He didnt say that the Neo-Nazis were "fine people"

He condemned them and said that there were some "fine people" at the protest and they were not all Neo-Nazis , like the media were trying to portray them as being

Please do not reply anymore with your trolling behaviour. Watch the videos of Trumps comments. This dialogue is over. Thank you

Just now, LannaGuy said:

45 does not 'own', 'invent' or have any 'input' to the national anthem or flag. They belong to the American people and disrespecting them disrespects every American, black or white, republican or dem, gay or straight and to say otherwise is ignorance

If "the national anthem or flag belong to the American people", do we not have the right to react to events related to what we own? 

Just now, Andaman Al said:

Please do not reply anymore with your trolling behaviour. Watch the videos of Trumps comments. This dialogue is over. Thank you

I am willing to listen .

Why dont you post a video on here of Trump stating that the Nazis were "fine people" ?

If you cannot post a video of him doing so , I will just have to come to the conclusion that you are spreading fake news 

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

I am willing to listen .

Why dont you post a video on here of Trump stating that the Nazis were "fine people" ?

If you cannot post a video of him doing so , I will just have to come to the conclusion that you are spreading fake news 

:mad:  Look for the videos yourself. You have no desire to 'listen' at all.

I SAID  QUOTE "Donald J Trump, the man you support who tells us that there are "very fine people" in the Nazi groups. " UNQUOTE if you are not mature enough or intelligent enough to see the CLEAR difference in what I wrote and what you keep misrepresenting then clear off. If you are intelligent then you are trolling, so once again, clear off.! Jeeeezus Christ almighty!

44 minutes ago, Lokie said:

To not stand for your national anthem is disrespectful, to your country, your flag and those who have fought for your freedom - Period.

All the other arguments should be done in the appropriate forums, not on a sportsfield by overpaid people who have not really sacrificed anything.

As an American, a veteran wounded twice in combat, and former tactical police officer, I strongly disagree.

I saw something on the net that expresses my feelings perfectly:

Patriotism isn't about making everyone stand and salute the flag.
Patriotism is about making this a country where everyone wants to.

14 minutes ago, Andaman Al said:

:mad:  Look for the videos yourself. You have no desire to 'listen' at all.

I SAID  QUOTE "Donald J Trump, the man you support who tells us that there are "very fine people" in the Nazi groups. " UNQUOTE if you are not mature enough or intelligent enough to see the CLEAR difference in what I wrote and what you keep misrepresenting then clear off. If you are intelligent then you are trolling, so once again, clear off.! Jeeeezus Christ almighty!

I disagree that they were "Nazi groups "

There were a group of people and some of those were Nazis , which doesnt make the whole group "Nazi groups"

Lets not forget that this stems from someone posting a photo of some Nazis with the quote from Trump over it with the words "Some fine people" , which implies that Trump was saying that the Nazis were "fine people" and that just wasnt correct .

Having a photo of some Nazis with the Trump quote "some fine people" is implying that Trump was referring to the Nazis , which he wasnt doing .

The photo and quote put together are fake

32 minutes ago, WaywardWind said:

As an American, a veteran wounded twice in combat, and former tactical police officer, I strongly disagree.

I saw something on the net that expresses my feelings perfectly:

Patriotism isn't about making everyone stand and salute the flag.
Patriotism is about making this a country where everyone wants to.

I do not think that people should be forced to stand for the N/A either .

They should indeed be given the choice , but , IMO that choice should be to stand

I think I would always stand but I understand the reasons for the protest and I respect the reasons and the right to protest. Stevie Wonder just did a kneel. He's much more popular than corrupt sleazeball 45 will ever be.

45 is so wrong. Firing the protesting players is a horrible idea. Firing up already serious racial tensions is a horrible idea. Electing that clown in the first place was a horrible idea.

The NFL owners need to stand firm against being bullied by the Twitter troll in chief.

1 hour ago, Lokie said:

If you had only used exclamation points, that would have constituted a proof. But as it is, it's just more rah rah rah.  

And speaking of overpaid people who have not sacrificed anything, what about the USA's bone spurred president? Should that hypocrite be invoking patriotism at all?

2 hours ago, ilostmypassword said:

I agree, Professional sports should be about sports. What does the national anthem have to do with football?

It became popular, in baseball, about a decade before Congress made it the official national anthem.

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I think I would always stand but I understand the reasons for the protest and I respect the reasons and the right to protest. Stevie Wonder just did a kneel. He's much more popular than corrupt sleazeball 45 will ever be.

45 is so wrong. Firing the protesting players is a horrible idea. Firing up already serious racial tensions is a horrible idea. Electing that clown in the first place was a horrible idea.

The NFL owners need to stand firm against being bullied by the Twitter troll in chief.

Many (most?) of the NFL owners are already making their feelings known.

From ESPN

2 hours ago, Lokie said:

Being a Nazi is disrespectful for the flag and those who fought and died for your freedom. Having the freedom to protest injustice is what they fought for. Period.

Archived