Laota Released?!?

Johpa

Just talked to my sister-in-law who claimed she read that my ol' acquaintance, Laota, as well as his sons, were found by the Thai courts to be innocent of any wrong doing to the dismay of one Taksin Shinawat. I was unable to find any news articles online. Can someone perhaps post a news clipping here or in the news clipping forum.

Johpa

Well if he's innocent I've got a bridge to sell you.

"Innocent till proven guilty!" has been the chorus here of late, by some.

Laota been proven not guilty in a court of Law, so he's innocent, right? :D

In fact, 'guilty until proven innocent' is how things really do work in this world.

Notice the the people waiting for trial are treated no different than the proven guilty while in jail. In fact, convicted criminals can sometimes get furloughs, conjugal visits, etc., which the people awaiting trial don't get....If they are considered innocent, why do they have to go to jail?

Innocent until proven guilty, my ass :o

So whats new,,It is the same in every country that I have been in jail in, and that includes almost every country that I ever visited for any length of time when I was a drinking man, now sober and don't go to jail.

I dont know about the Brit legal system as I never was in the can there,but you can sure bet that in the supposedly foremost Democratic nation in the world that you are guilty until proven innocent and do remain in jail with not as good a treatment as convicted inmates. That is the USA.

So whats new,,It is the same in every country that I have been in jail in, and that includes almost every country that I ever visited for any length of time when I was a drinking man, now sober and don't go to jail.

I dont know about the Brit legal system as I never was in the can there,but you can sure bet that in the supposedly foremost Democratic nation in the world that you are guilty until proven innocent and do remain in jail with not as good a treatment as convicted inmates. That is the USA.

Except if your name is David Hicks, they keep you in Cuba for a couple of years without being charged.

> So whats new,,It is the same in every country that I have been in jail in,

:-) LOL... :-)

> you are guilty until proven innocent and do remain in jail with

> not as good a treatment as convicted inmates. That is the USA.

I bet there's a lot of people at the mo with some SM fantasies who are now contemplating moving to Iraq. :D With The Cave closed and all, that US Army chick starts to look pretty interesting. :o

Cheers,

Chanchao

(How's that for a threat-jack.. )

I dont know about the Brit legal system as I never was in the can there

Please do visit my home country as we are short of people who commit crimes and get drunk and end up in stir.

The prison service there will welcome you with open handcuffs as the jails are almost empty.

I also believe you get fed and watered free of charge in the "can".