TV MUCHO

jonesthepost

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/2/2017 at 6:58 AM, jonesthepost said:

I have had no problems  with TV MUCHO  until this week. Now it works alright in the mornings and day,but in the evening  the problems start it takes along time to open and get on to streaming both live and  catch up, and then there is a lot of buffering. On contacting them said check speed test, this on tv mucho speed test showed the the download speed  as 1.5  also showed that the IP address had changed, IP. supplier T.O.T was perfect. And the next morning every thing is back  OK until the evening. The last contact I had with TV MUCHO was they would look in to  it.  So is any one having a problem 

I have just developed the same problem as you. I'm with TRUE and all was fine up to about 2 weeks ago. Has yours been sorted out now?

6 minutes ago, 01322521959 said:

Oh dear. Following on from the above. Awful problems with it just not loading or buffering all the time using Windows. Anybody else having trouble? My TRUE speeds are fine.

Mine too on Android using CAT

36 minutes ago, 01322521959 said:

I have just developed the same problem as you. I'm with TRUE and all was fine up to about 2 weeks ago. Has yours been sorted out now?

Yes it is still playing up no problem with my inter net speed  but their  is down  so the trouble is their end not with True or any other supplier. 

Now found out as I'm sure a lot of you have, that an undersea cable is giving trouble. It supplies Vietnam which therefore effects us. Strange how TRUE told me that it was in the Egypt region that the problem has occurred. 

Anyway it's unwatchable tonight and Doctors is back as well! Damn. 

• 4 months later...
11 hours ago, KittenKong said:

No problem in Jomtien on 3BB.

It looks like the problem was with TOT. My IP. address was changed to a 180 prefix which did affect TOT speed but the TV MUCHO APP. download speed was reduced to below 2. This morning IP. address was back to normal and everything is  OK. Contacted TOT as to why this happened and got no real answer as to why it should affect certain apps. 

• 1 month later...

Has anyone managed to get this working with Chromecast?

I keep getting Emails from them telling me how great it is but it doesn't seem to work.

It worked for me when I tried it, in as much as I got a picture and sound, but the GUI overlay doesnt appear so you cant control it at all. As such it seems rather pointless for me.
That was some time ago and it may work better now.

Any one having problems with catchup playback on TV Mucho Live TV. working but playback will no start

I dont understand your question. Are you talking about live TV or catch-up?

It all seems to be working for me.

22 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

I dont understand your question. Are you talking about live TV or catch-up?

It all seems to be working for me.

It was catchup that was the problem but  it was working again later they said there was  a problem with one of their servers 

• 6 months later...

Since being a subscriber from 27 November 2017 TV Mucho has provided me with an excellent service ticking many boxes. Now things have gone pear shaped. The format of their Home Page has been changed - without any explanation. Granted it is now very colourful ... but nothing like as easy to navigate.

It is confusing and "all-at-sea" ... Why tinker with a ticking clock???

I am minded of the time that this American woman took over as CEO of Yahoo! email.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=trouble+at+yahoo+email+due+to+new+ceo+making+changes&client=opera&hs=mOh&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiynorx0fHfAhUKpY8KHUQlC60QsAR6BAgBEAE&biw=1422&bih=643

In my experience every time a 'new kid' on the block arrives on the scene - they just feel that they MUST make bold changes to justify their existence.  

I am composing an email of complaint requesting that my account be rewound to what it was before .. .. .. we shall see?

I am unable to access any stations since Saturday.I go to the home pages as normal but when i click on a station , nothing. TVMUCHO says they are having a problem with the TRUE gateway .They tried diverting through Singapore but it did not change anything for me

Is there any one else using TRUE as their ISP and TVMUCHO ? How is it for you?

Hi, Someone else with the same problem as me. I have had nothing since Friday 18th. They said in a message that they are having technical difficulties in Asia. I keep chasing them about when it will be sorted, but I've heard nothing more. At least I know it's not my PC. Android won't work either. Let me know if anyone gets any more updates from them. I'VE BEEN WITH THEM 2 YEARS AND NEVER HAD IT GO DOWN FOR THIS LONG. I'm also with TRUE 

34 minutes ago, 01322521959 said:

Hi, Someone else with the same problem as me. I have had nothing since Friday 18th. They said in a message that they are having technical difficulties in Asia. I keep chasing them about when it will be sorted, but I've heard nothing more. At least I know it's not my PC. Android won't work either. Let me know if anyone gets any more updates from them. I'VE BEEN WITH THEM 2 YEARS AND NEVER HAD IT GO DOWN FOR THIS LONG. I'm also with TRUE 

No problem with TOT so it most be true internet  

the new layout and functionality is a backward step for the user, it's harder to use and the scrolling/accessing information from the guide absolutely awful - the old system was clear and easy to use.

i complained and asked to be returned to the old layout and received this reply:

We completely understand your feedback. Our product evolves to support more features and new technology, we do not push out large changes often, but this one was very necessary. We sincerely apologize if this update made your experience with us as uncomfortable. We will try our best to guide you how to navigate the new layout in this case.

it occurs to me that the changes were probably driven by 'techies', for 'IT' reasons rather than anything to do with improving the actual experience/making things easier for the end user - i honestly cant see any end user signing off these changes as a step forward.

oh, it's always been working for me.

8 hours ago, samsensam said:

the new layout and functionality is a backward step for the user, it's harder to use and the scrolling/accessing information from the guide absolutely awful - the old system was clear and easy to use.

Have you tried setting "force mobile layout" (or somthing like that) in Settings? Could be more comfortable.

I do like TVmucho and the mobile app works well with a Chromecast.

I have several times over the past year connecting to Tvmucho with True, while connecting without difficulties through AIS.

I complain to True each time and often ask the person at the call centre to try and connect. They usually have the same difficulty. A couple of hours later all is well.

I have three Android boxes and after the update could only connect to TvMucho on two of them. I updated the app and all was well.

Regarding the new design, I think there are advantages and disadvantages.
I like the search function where all the results are displayed on one page.

I feel that the app on Android is slower to start up and close down, but not a big deal.

Sent from my SM-C710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

31 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Have you tried setting "force mobile layout" (or somthing like that) in Settings? Could be more comfortable.

Unfortunately the recent layout changes seem to have broken the mobile layout functionality on a non-mobile device. So anyone trying to do that may find that they lose the image when the stream moves from one programme to the next, and they may also find that it crashes the browser.

It's true that the recent changes seem to have been designed by someone with very good eyesight sitting very close to a PC monitor and using a mouse, and have not been tested on a large screen at a normal TV viewing distance by anyone over the age of 40. Moving/dragging the schedule is very hard with an air mouse with the new layout, and all the text is very hard to read. The designers clearly have no real idea what they are doing.

For what it's worth, there are no issues at all with TVMucho on my 3BB connection.

On 9/29/2017 at 8:14 AM, KittenKong said:

I use it and it seems fine.

I'm really only interested in the catch-up function for the main UK channels so for me it gives me what I want.

Express VPN, $100 for 15 months. All the UK catch up you will need.

12 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Express VPN, $100 for 15 months. All the UK catch up you will need.

Hmmm. A VPN only allows you access to the various individual catch-up services offered, which means endlessly switching interfaces and many different logins/passwords. And none of those services has all their programmes on catch-up. Some have hardly any. And few of them let you skip forward past the ads and boring parts. For me this is nowhere near adequate.

TVMucho, for about 1700B/year (barely half the price your VPN costs), offers several days of catch-up for all the channels they include, and that includes every programme broadcast during that time. And all from just one interface which allows you to skip forward easily.

For me there is simply no comparison.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Hmmm. A VPN only allows you access to the various individual catch-up services offered, which means endlessly switching interfaces and many different logins/passwords. And none of those services has all their programmes on catch-up. Some have hardly any. And few of them let you skip forward past the ads and boring parts. For me this is nowhere near adequate.

TVMucho, for about 1700B/year (barely half the price your VPN costs), offers several days of catch-up for all the channels they include, and that includes every programme broadcast during that time. And all from just one interface which allows you to skip forward easily.

For me there is simply no comparison.

I go onto BBC iPlayer & ITV Hub & my4 and can see programs from over a year ago. My PC saves all the passwords, many catch-ups on ITV are ad free. Adequate for me, as I also have the 'protection'of a VPN. But Kitten, everyone to their own. Miaeow!

Archived